Photo

Photo share sites

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 JMikla

JMikla
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

do the people you invite have to register to add photos?

Originally Posted by Tia529 

I'm using Shutterfly.  It's been really easy to set up.  As the share site "owner," you add members, so no one can view the website unless you've invited them.  You can set it up so that people can also request membership.  There are a optional features you can add to your share site, too, like forums and message boards.

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
    70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#12 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

for shutterfly they do have to register in order to join yes.  Photobucket doesn't offer the same type of sharing so I just gave my log in and once the wedding is over for a few months I will change it to a personal one.

#13 Tia529

Tia529
      • 76 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

Yes, even if you invite people they have to register for a Shutterfly account in order to view the share site.  I can see how that might turn some people off from it, but it's totally free to register, takes about 30 seconds, and they even get 50 free prints when they do!

#14 STAC8228

STAC8228
        • 155 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

I'm using shutterfly, I created a email addrress & password just for the wedding to give out on photoshare cards, so they dont have to create an acct. also I think weddingturtle is a photo share, real basic & simple & they send you 100 free cards!!

#15 emstypes

emstypes
          • 243 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I just created one for shutterfly as well.  I am putting the email address and password on a "postcard" that will be in the OOT bags for friends & family to use.  Like merrylee said, I'm going to change the password after a few months after the wedding so it's our personal account again.

#16 merrylee

merrylee
            • 687 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

i'm not sure if i want to use the original site I created or if i want to use shutterfly.  Ugghh...the one i created with photobucket seems impersonal to me and I like the blogging type of atmosphere you can use on shutterfly.  I have no idea what i am ultimately going to do. 

#17 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
              • 300 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

I am using shutter fly for my wedding website,  I included the website address and password in my invite and use it to post questions updates and a variety of information for my destination wedding.  Even if you give them the web address and password for your site they still need to create an account in order to post comments questions etc...  I never thought of creating a generic login name and password for everyone to use.  I just might have to think about doing that and including in my photo upload instruction cards.  hmmmmmm 

#18 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
                • 186 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hi, i created a shutterfly for our wedding and to view the photos, you do NOT need a log in.  We did have a pssword set up, so maybe the passowrd was all that twas needed to view the photos.  It only asked for a log in when uploading or commenting on photos.

Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.

#19 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
                  • 186 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

I think it just depends on how you set up the account. You have options.

Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.

#20 emstypes

emstypes
                    • 243 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

I thought I would just clarify mine about the login info I'm giving my guests.  I did that so that everyone that takes pictures can upload their pictures to our album.  That way we can see our friends & family pictures views of our wedding too, and we'll have them all in one spot!  :)  Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by emstypes 

I just created one for shutterfly as well.  I am putting the email address and password on a "postcard" that will be in the OOT bags for friends & family to use.  Like merrylee said, I'm going to change the password after a few months after the wedding so it's our personal account again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users