How did you ask your bridal party to be in your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

i haven't 'formally' asked them yet but have been collecting little gifts - we are torn over to ask them before the booking stuff is out there - we don't want people to feel 'forced'?

i would love to hear your stories - also did you give them gifts / cards / drinks / etc?

#2 Spazz

• VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

I waited until I knew they were all coming, I didn't want them to feel "forced" (they probably wouldn't feel that way, but I was being overly cautious, I guess). I simply asked them. Now I wish I did something more creative with a gift or a card, but didn't think of it at the time.

#3 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

I know my two best friends are coming to Maui (they wouldn't miss it for the world) so it was easy to just confirm with them about being MOH and BM. I didn't really think to do something more official with a card or anything like that..

#4 David and Laura

David and Laura
        • 177 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

I used this website Message in a Bottle ® - Official Site - Stranded to send them all messages in a bottle. They put sand and seashells in the bottle for you. I started each note with a different friendship quote that applied to the girl I sent it to (google search) and then used the quote as a guide for a paragraph about my favorite memories of our friendship. I closed each note asking them to be my bridesmaid. Every girl LOVED the message in a bottle. The website's customer service is top notch. They do everything for you (type the note as you specify, burn the paper edges, etc.) and the shipping is super fast. It's not cheap. If you are a DIY kind of girl, I am sure you could do it relatively inexpensive.

#5 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

I got cute cards for all my girls and wrote them a personal note telling them how important they were to me...and of course asking them to be in the wedding. Nothing too crazy...but they all thought the cards were really cute and fun.

#6 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

All I did was say, "I want you to be my MOH/BM" haha, they already knew for years that when we got married theyd be my MOH/BM, so it wasnt a huge thing.

#7 JessicaM

• Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

I had my two friends come over and asked them to be in it and then we all went out for pedicures! It was really fun and great way to talk about the wedding and thank them for wanting to be a part of it!

#8 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

I gave them a bridesmaid card with a poem in it...

#9 JulieG

• VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

I just asked them. lol I did wait till we knew exactly what the trip was going to cost, so I could tell them the price before they said yes. I also told them that if they could not make it I totally understood. I had one back out recently and I picked another person who had already booked, that way I did not have to worry about it being a money thing. She is still helping with all the things locally, shower, stagette, but just not coming with us.

#10 boscobel

• VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

I made cute little "Will you be my..... BRIDESMAIDS!" cards that masquaraded as valentine's day cards since I asked them in end of Jan beginning of Feb. This was before I knew they were selling these cards everywhere. I thought I was so original [sigh]. But they loved it and they turned out super cute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users