Photo

When to have Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party??

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 nancya

nancya
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

I had no idea 2 weeks before the wedding is ideal. Some friends of mine did theirs 2 months before the wedding.....good to know.

#22 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Lol.  My family is a pretty selfish bunch which I can usually ignore but since this is my wedding, it is just that much more difficult to ignore it.  I am getting excited.  We went to a florist today to look at flowers as online pictures just were not helping us make a decision.  I think we found some flowers that we really like!

Originally Posted by echraide 

You'd think that as DW brides we'd be past the whole "pleasing people" thing... Never seems to end =D 

Your wedding is soooooo soon! You must be so ridiculously excited!

#23 echraide

echraide
      • 152 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

You should do it when its easiest for  you. The wedding police won't come after you if you find it easier to do it further in advance =D

Originally Posted by nancya 

I had no idea 2 weeks before the wedding is ideal. Some friends of mine did theirs 2 months before the wedding.....good to know.

#24 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

I agree - it is when it is most convenient for you.  I am having a family bridal shower after the wedding! 

You should do it when its easiest for  you. The wedding police won't come after you if you find it easier to do it further in advance =D

#25 nancya

nancya
          • 120 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

LOL thanks! =) 

Originally Posted by echraide 

#26 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Ok, I just have to vent for a sec.  My family isn't going to Mexico in February for our wedding so they want me to drop everything and plan and focus solely on our May 5th AHR.  My girlfriend is planning my Bachelorette party but keeps asking me what she should plan and everyone keeps RSVPing to me rather than my girlfriend.  I feel like I have to make every darn decision and this is getting really old.  To top it off a girlfriend from out of town wants to bring her husband to the bachelorette party.  I am sorry but has everyone taken stupid and selfish pills????

#27 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Bridal shower/bachelorette party was yesterday.  My friends are AWESOME!  We had brunch and played games.  My friends gave me advice in envelopes for milestones in our marriage.  Something I will always cherish.  Afterward we went out for salsa dance lessons so we have some moves for Mexico!  Hope all of your showers/bachelorette parties are as fun and memorable as mine was!

#28 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
                • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

Happy to hear it was so great!!!

#29 marilili

marilili
                  • 200 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yes, I'm second that I'm glad it went well.  My family is Mexican and I"m having a hard time trying to combine their traditions with those I grew up with my friends so these post help!  But thanks for the wedding police reminder.

#30 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
                    • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

We are having the bachelorette party in Mexico a couple of days before the wedding. We will be going to the adventure park and then drinking/dancing that nite. Should make for a much more casual event. And no shower as etiquette says that only women who are invited to wedding should come to shower, so really, what's the point, IMO?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users