Photo

How much do we tip the wedding coordinator?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 emma99

emma99
  • Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I never knew that tipping at a wedding could get so complex! I wonder if the same rules apply for weddings abroad, especially destination weddings.

#82 worstbride

worstbride
    • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I had never even thought of this... Do we really need to tip the people we are alreay being gauged for? There are certain servces that we HAVE to use and its alot more money then I would pay if I could get my own Vendor.

#83 avonladee

avonladee
      • 110 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by worstbride 

I had never even thought of this... Do we really need to tip the people we are alreay being gauged for? There are certain servces that we HAVE to use and its alot more money then I would pay if I could get my own Vendor.

I never ever really thought about it until today!

I sell Avon so I thought it was really nice of me that I was going to bring a present to the WC!

And after seeing all of this tipping I'm in shock!

#84 cerise

cerise
        • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Thank you. This is good to know.

#85 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
          • 110 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

This is good to think about ahead of time!  Everything I see on the internet is different, so I think I am just going with my gut and see how everything works out, but I'll be prepared to tip. 

#86 avonladee

avonladee
          • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by un4gitabl 

This is good to think about ahead of time!  Everything I see on the internet is different, so I think I am just going with my gut and see how everything works out, but I'll be prepared to tip. 

Good Idea!

#87 JSLM

JSLM
            • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks... there are a lot of people on the list I wouldn't have considered tipping. Good to know!

#88 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
              • 270 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

I was wondering who to tip and by how much. Well thanks so much for the help!

#89 pongyang2001

pongyang2001
                • 202 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Sandals Emerald Bay Exuma Bahamas
                • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

will have to check back on this for reference

#90 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Okay, back from our wedding. 

My sister and I were the only ones at the salon. I had a mani/pedi and she had a pedi the day before the wedding. We tipped, but my sister covered that, so I am not sure how much. I tipped after my hair the next day, 20%. 

We did NOT tip the photographer/videographer. We paid for their room for two nights at a fabulous resort, plus a travel fee, and they own their own business, so all the money goes to them. 

We DID tip the coordinator. I think it was $50 American, or something to that effect. Maybe it was more, now that I am thinking about it...? For some reason, I think we threw in an extra $20. She was good. Not AMAZING, but good. She answered questions, was there throughout the ceremony and again for a bit during the dinner. My MIL and a friend of the family did the decorating, but she helped (a policy apparently states that someone from my group had to be in charge of it). She added a lot of nice little touches though, which were really lovely surprises. However, likely due to some communication problems, there were a few minor inconvenient mishaps (aren't there always?). But overall, it was all good.

We did tip our servers for our meal, same as we did throughout the vacation.

We did not have a DJ - we showed up at the disco on the beach with an iPod full of music and tipped the DJ there about $10 to play some music. He said he would just play a few songs, which he did... until my very lovely sister and another younger lady went to ask him again. We had our music mostly the rest of the night. So I am not sure the tip was necessary! LOL

I think that about covers it. I also wanted to mention, if we had a larger group (there were only 14 of us), I would have given more to the coordinator for sure. I think that determines a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users