Sign in to follow this  
mbowling

how do i make starfish chair decorations?

I would like to make some starfish chair decorations that either hang by raffia or ribbon for the chairs along the aisle.  I am wondering how to attach the starfish though? Has anyone done this or is doing this?  I found them premade on etsy for $13 each, but am hoping I can do it myself :)

I've attached a pic starfishchair.jpg

Are you using real or fake starfish? You could attach a clip to the back (hot glue might work)and then the raffia would just get pinned into it. I think that might work; hopefully it makes sense!

PS - Love both of these pictures!

thanks guys! I like the 2nd pic that was posted now too! I've got to order them soon so I've got to decide which color to get (the yellowish ones or the white ones) :)

Do you prefer fake or real starfish? The yellow ones are sugar starfish and come in very large sizes for dramatic bold effect (as large as 10 - 12 inches), but very hard to find nice, fake ones. On the other hand, you can find nice, fake white pencil starfish.

Originally Posted by mbowling View Post

thanks guys! I like the 2nd pic that was posted now too! I've got to order them soon so I've got to decide which color to get (the yellowish ones or the white ones) :)

I would suggest you to buy it from somewhere.......From where you get them on reasonable price.............Making star fish for each chairs if not as easy as you think so..........My friend also tried it but ends up buying them............
There are already so many things to do and handle for wedding preparations.........Donâ€t include one more........Buy them if you are really getting good deal some where.........

I'm wanting to make these too, but trying to find really nice fake ones. Especially after hearing some people say customs wouldn't let them clear with real ones