Basics..... Needing help and a little guidance on getting involved and started with how to use this site?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Palakovich2012

• 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

Hi Ladies,  I'm looking forward to talking with you all and using this site!   I am new here and a bit  technolgically challenged at times and can't really figure out to how to use this site... I can read and navigate through forums fine,however I never received my verification email either and tried to start a thread and it said editing for content and I have no idea where the thread is posted or if it is even posted?    Does that mean I am o.k. to use site without getting the verification email?  Is there a welcome letter and info that tells you exactly how this site works with info how to navigate through, post and start or join threads? I have searched forums and found only answers to questions that are past the initial basic stage of navigating and coresponding.  Please help me!  Getting frustrated and wasting lots of time trying to figure out on my own.  Sure it is easy just needing a little guidance.  Thanks!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,068 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Im not sure how the forums works now with newbies starting. It used to be that you had to go thru a waiting period before you could start threads. There have been many changes since I first started here. Maybe a moderator can chime in here and give you the goods!

Best of luck.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 FutureMrsF

• 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

When I posted my first thread I got a message saying it was being held for moderation. It was posted when I looked the next day so I'm assuming that one of the Mod's had to approve it to make sure it was appropriate. That could be what happened to your thread.

#4 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hi!  Are you still having issues?  These may answer some of your questions as you move through the site.  Thanks!

BDW Forum Rules and Etiquette: http://www.bestdesti...etiquette-rules
          Downloading Attachments: http://www.bestdesti...ing-attachments

#5 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

I found when I first started using this site it was a little confusing to navigate, but after just playing around it seems to make things easier. It will get easier with time!

#6 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

welcome! hope you've been finding your way around better :) if not, let us know how we can help!

#7 DRPrincesa

• 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

I am navigating this site very well.  So well, I am up to 2 and 3 in the morning every night.  LOL

#8 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Oh I remember those days of being up all night exploring.  This site has SO much information, you could run yourself ragged trying to keep up!  Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you are finding your way around better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users