Jump to content

Photo

Wedding at The Royal in Cancun, June 2012


  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 geishagyrl

geishagyrl
  • Newbie
  • 65 posts

    Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

    I second this....there is no getting out of the vendor fees. I booked SpaZul for hair and make up because I refused to pay $350. I am crossing my fingers and hope all turns out well. 


     

    Originally Posted by twoego 

    Alma,

     

    Remember this though - you have to give name of guests that are non Real guests.  They check ID's before they are allowed entrance and given bands.  The staff there at the resort are very well aware of all the vendors, etc. When our photographer showed up the bell boys knew his name immediately, they checked list showing we had paid our fee, then cleared him. I would just hate to see you have the stress of them not getting in on your big day.  They seem to have pretty well covered all ways around you avoiding vendor fees if you use anyone other than their choice. My advice - don't chance it:(

     

    Sorry - just trying to be honest and help you out.



     



    #32 geishagyrl

    geishagyrl
    • Newbie
    • 65 posts

      Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

      Originally Posted by Labebita911 

      has anyone used the spazul for there hair and makeup??? im sooo aprrehensive about this


      Just a quick update...I used SpaZul for myself and my maid of honor. I was very skeptical and even more when I saw the stylist. (I believe her name was Elvira.) However, after it was finished, my makeup looked great and lasted through the humidity. My photographer had us walk about a half mile down the beach to take pictures but you couldn't tell I was sweating my butt off. As for hair, I have really thick hair and decided to pull it up in curls. She used about 100 bobby pins to hold the curls and it really looked beautiful for a while. To be honest, nothing can last through the humidity and wind.

       

      Anyway, I had a good experience with the ladies in the spa and I don't regret not shelling out an additional $350 just to have my hair and make up done.

       

      Here are a couple of pics.

       

      The flakes in my hair is actually glitter she dusted on me. It looked good in person and in the light but didn't quite translate on the camera. lol

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      Attached Files



      #33 Labebita911

      Labebita911
      • Jr. Member
      • 303 posts

        Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

        Originally Posted by geishagyrl 


        Just a quick update...I used SpaZul for myself and my maid of honor. I was very skeptical and even more when I saw the stylist. (I believe her name was Elvira.) However, after it was finished, my makeup looked great and lasted through the humidity. My photographer had us walk about a half mile down the beach to take pictures but you couldn't tell I was sweating my butt off. As for hair, I have really thick hair and decided to pull it up in curls. She used about 100 bobby pins to hold the curls and it really looked beautiful for a while. To be honest, nothing can last through the humidity and wind.

         

        Anyway, I had a good experience with the ladies in the spa and I don't regret not shelling out an additional $350 just to have my hair and make up done.

         

        Here are a couple of pics.

         

        The flakes in my hair is actually glitter she dusted on me. It looked good in person and in the light but didn't quite translate on the camera. lol

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         

         Very nice,!

         

        Now.. did you bring your own makeup? did you show her a pic? what about the hair, did you show her a pic? I really liked your hair

        Attached Files


        Future Mrs. Perez 2012

        The Royal Cancun

        Cancun, MX

        July 14, 2012

        Bride and Groom plus

        20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


        #34 geishagyrl

        geishagyrl
        • Newbie
        • 65 posts

          Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

          I did not use my own makeup. The spa uses a professional french line of cosmetics which is very good. I verified it with a friend that is a make up artist. I did show her an example of hair and make up with some additional explanation. For instance, I wanted my hair to sit up a little higher so that the veil would stay in the middle of head. She did not use the exact same colors for eye make up but she was trying to find what she felt was most flattering. She would look through the palette and color pots and look at me. If you want something specific, just tell them. 

          Attached Files



          #35 Labebita911

          Labebita911
          • Jr. Member
          • 303 posts

            Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

             Sounds good!! Thanks alot!! makes me feel better now.. :o)

             

            Quote:

            Originally Posted by geishagyrl 

            I did not use my own makeup. The spa uses a professional french line of cosmetics which is very good. I verified it with a friend that is a make up artist. I did show her an example of hair and make up with some additional explanation. For instance, I wanted my hair to sit up a little higher so that the veil would stay in the middle of head. She did not use the exact same colors for eye make up but she was trying to find what she felt was most flattering. She would look through the palette and color pots and look at me. If you want something specific, just tell them. 


            Future Mrs. Perez 2012

            The Royal Cancun

            Cancun, MX

            July 14, 2012

            Bride and Groom plus

            20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


            #36 geishagyrl

            geishagyrl
            • Newbie
            • 65 posts

              Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

              I realize that my pictures did not post properly. So, hopefully it works this time.

               

              485175_3410407631495_1512763037_n.jpg

              463158_968091520067_1206704510_o.jpg

              T&G-84 (Small).jpg



              #37 SparksFly

              SparksFly
              • Jr. Member
              • 219 posts

                Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

                I just got back from my wedding at the Royal in Cancun! If anyone has any questions please let me know.

                 

                Small tip for those wanting a private reception with under 35 guests. I had 30 and we got married on the beach (I highly recommend- your pictures come out GOREGOUS with that blue ocean color). It was supposed to rain that evening so we moved our reception inside to the REAL Club on the second floor of the Royal Cancun. It was PERFECT for our size group. It has a great little terrace for a cocktail hour outside and then the dinner and party is set up inside.

                 

                At first I really wanted my reception outside on a rooftop terrace, but really the A/C after being outside ALL the time was a blessing. I am glad it worked out the way it did but I just wanted to share because they never told me about the REAL club while I was planning. I would have chosen that option because ithas outdoor space overlooking the bay and an indoor space that is perfect for a smaller group.

                 

                Let me know if you want to see any pictures of the room



                #38 Labebita911

                Labebita911
                • Jr. Member
                • 303 posts

                  Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

                   cool, i took note of that option just in case all though my dream is to dance the night away with sand in my toes and under the stars but if we do ned a plan b its nice to know since our group is only 20, 22 with bride and groom.. Can you forward me ppics??

                   

                  thanks

                  Originally Posted by SparksFly 

                  I just got back from my wedding at the Royal in Cancun! If anyone has any questions please let me know.

                   

                  Small tip for those wanting a private reception with under 35 guests. I had 30 and we got married on the beach (I highly recommend- your pictures come out GOREGOUS with that blue ocean color). It was supposed to rain that evening so we moved our reception inside to the REAL Club on the second floor of the Royal Cancun. It was PERFECT for our size group. It has a great little terrace for a cocktail hour outside and then the dinner and party is set up inside.

                   

                  At first I really wanted my reception outside on a rooftop terrace, but really the A/C after being outside ALL the time was a blessing. I am glad it worked out the way it did but I just wanted to share because they never told me about the REAL club while I was planning. I would have chosen that option because ithas outdoor space overlooking the bay and an indoor space that is perfect for a smaller group.

                   

                  Let me know if you want to see any pictures of the room


                  Future Mrs. Perez 2012

                  The Royal Cancun

                  Cancun, MX

                  July 14, 2012

                  Bride and Groom plus

                  20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                  #39 brgephar

                  brgephar
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 166 posts

                    Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

                    Originally Posted by SparksFly 

                    I just got back from my wedding at the Royal in Cancun! If anyone has any questions please let me know.

                     

                    Small tip for those wanting a private reception with under 35 guests. I had 30 and we got married on the beach (I highly recommend- your pictures come out GOREGOUS with that blue ocean color). It was supposed to rain that evening so we moved our reception inside to the REAL Club on the second floor of the Royal Cancun. It was PERFECT for our size group. It has a great little terrace for a cocktail hour outside and then the dinner and party is set up inside.

                     

                    At first I really wanted my reception outside on a rooftop terrace, but really the A/C after being outside ALL the time was a blessing. I am glad it worked out the way it did but I just wanted to share because they never told me about the REAL club while I was planning. I would have chosen that option because ithas outdoor space overlooking the bay and an indoor space that is perfect for a smaller group.

                     

                    Let me know if you want to see any pictures of the room

                    I would love to see pictures!



                    #40 Emily11386

                    Emily11386
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

                      Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

                      Sparks fly, Congrats on getting married! I'm happy to hear that everything turned out well for you. Where exactly was the Real Club located, and do you have any pics? Congrats again!
                      May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                      33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users