Sign in to follow this  
almah

Wedding at The Royal in Cancun, June 2012

I am getting married at their sister resort The Gran Caribe Real May of 2013. I have Claudy for a coordinator and she's been great, but she's currently on maternity leave. We did a site visit and loved both resorts!

Thank you for commenting and letting SparksFly know. I recommended to her as well that she should change it, because i wasn't impressed with how it looked in the pictures as well.

If you don't mind me asking, which hotel did you stay at and what did you think of the overal wedding how it turned out? Was the hotel good, clean, how was the food? I have half my guests staying at the Royal, and half at Caribe. I know the Royal guests will have nothing to complain about, but i'm hoping Caribe delivers a great experience as well.

I forgot to "qoute" reply. My response was for both Emily11386 and Twoego! Thank you both for helping us out since we weren't able to do a site visit.

We split our trip between the Gran Caribe and The Royal because we will have guests staying at both resorts. The Royal was beautiful of course, but I had been a little concerned about the Gran Caribe. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was rather basic, but that is what I expected for the price. The service, hotel, and food were all better than I expected. I am more than happy to recommend either hotel to my guests. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Our party of 38 people all stayed at the Gran Caribe (except 2 who were a young couple) - mainly because there were children attending.  We stayed on the VIP floor at Gran Caribe and loved it.  Room was huge, spotless, oceanview,and the the staff were there for anything we requested. We were able to go to the Royal for dinner since we were on the VIP floor and I can tell you that there is no doubt it too is gorgeous - however, very quiet, calm, adults only hotel.Would not have worked for our large group of some young single couples/families with children who wanted a little more lively feeling . Perfect place for honeymoon though!!  You will not be disappointed in either place - just depends on what you are looking for. They are very strict on not allowing anyone from Gran Caribe over to the Royal unless you have the upgrade - your Royal guests would have to come to the Caribe side (which to me did not make sense to spend the extra money if we were all congregating on Caribe side).The wedding was perfect and would not change a thing.  Flora had everything exactly as requested and most of all our guests had the times of their lives!

Thanks for your honest opinion of the caribe's rooftop terrace. I know that the green carpet isn't ideal, but that's they had available for Saturday evening. So I had to make do with what they had available. I also do not know how many people I will have attending the wedding. If I don't have enough people attending at the end of the day, I'll switch to semi private. I had to hold the space in case I have 35+ people. The green carpet isnt goregous, but I am hoping the sunset during cocktail hour will grab more attention than the green carpet. I heard the view is goregous up there. I wish I saw a brides pics who had heir reception on the rooftop terrace.

I am also a June 23,2012 wedding at the Royal. We are having our ceremony at 5pm on the beach followed by cocktails on the beach and then 7pm reception at the Gran Caribe villas terrace. 

Originally Posted by SparksFly View Post

Thanks for your honest opinion of the caribe's rooftop terrace. I know that the green carpet isn't ideal, but that's they had available for Saturday evening. So I had to make do with what they had available.
I also do not know how many people I will have attending the wedding. If I don't have enough people attending at the end of the day, I'll switch to semi private. I had to hold the space in case I have 35+ people.
The green carpet isnt goregous, but I am hoping the sunset during cocktail hour will grab more attention than the green carpet. I heard the view is goregous up there.
I wish I saw a brides pics who had heir reception on the rooftop terrace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybeans127 View Post

I am also a June 23,2012 wedding at the Royal. We are having our ceremony at 5pm on the beach followed by cocktails on the beach and then 7pm reception at the Gran Caribe villas terrace. 

COOL Jilly! My ceremony is at 5pm too on the beach by pelicanos! (royal side)

Hi Ladies,

For those that are getting married later than 4 PM, were you required pay an additional $400?

My WC at the Gran Porto said if I wanted to delay the beach ceremony later than 4, it would be an additional $400.

Also we had to be off the beach at 10 PM.