Wedding at The Royal in Cancun, June 2012

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! More questions since im stressing so much before the big day... Did you use spa services for hair, makeup, nails? If so, how did you like? How much time before wedding did you give yourself? Also, where did you and hubby get dressed for ceremony? For the rose petals, where did you order? Your centerpieces are georgeous! Where did you order and how much? What favors or decor did you bring? Any issues with customs? & finally... We live close as Im in DC. Let me know any wedding items you might want to sell and I might buy them! Thanks for all!

Originally Posted by latanyaleon View Post

Thank you! More questions since im stressing so much before the big day... Did you use spa services for hair, makeup, nails? If so, how did you like? How much time before wedding did you give yourself?

Also, where did you and hubby get dressed for ceremony?

For the rose petals, where did you order? Your centerpieces are georgeous! Where did you order and how much?

What favors or decor did you bring? Any issues with customs? & finally... We live close as Im in DC. Let me know any wedding items you might want to sell and I might buy them!

Thanks for all!

Hi,

I used SPAzul for hair. I think they did a great job. I had height at the crown of my head, side swept hair, extensions, curled, with a rhinestone comb. I didn't bring pictures and I just monitored every move she made.

My appointment was at 1pm and the ceremony was at 5. I thought I would have a lot of time, butit flew by. I did my mom's makeup and my own makeup which took a while. My girlfriend added individual false lashes which made a huge difference.

I got dressed in the presidential suite with my friends and my husband got dressed in our other room.

I ordered my flowers from Marvin - marvin@mayafloral.com. He has really great prices and he delivers the flowers to the hotel. I would suggest using him. Thank you. We wanted something substancial for our centerpieces. The flower petals were also from Marvin. We used them for the aisle and the tables with shells and giant pearls.

My OOT bags were very expensive ( all of my female guests got Michael Kors and men got a cubavera linen shirt) along with a lot of other stuff. I opted against favors, but I bought little cake boxes so people could bring cake back to their rooms.

Awesome that you live in DC!  The only thing I am trying to sell are maybe some seashells and my "reception" dress that I didn't end up wearing. :-)

Just had my wedding last night!! AMAZING!!!words cannot describe how beautiful and smooth everything went.. Everyone had such a great time noone got off the dance floor thanks to Doremixx. We had soo many onlookers watching it was soo amazing! we mingled with the staff everyone was soo attentive..I will write a review on my wayback but seriously you have nothing to worry about and by the way the Spazul did an amazing job on hair and makeup.. dont waste money for ouside vendor..I recommend Mariana she did mines and i was recommended to her by a fellow BDW member... Ok let me go back to enjoying the Royal in Cancun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Girls! One question for those of you who have visited and/or already had their wedding! I would say a majority of our guests are going to stay at The Royal but there will definitely be some that stay at the Gran Caribe (including my sister who is my MOH) since she has children. I just wanted your opinion if you felt it was a problem or hassle to see those guests during your stay. I know that it is a different resort and the policies associated with visiting but wanted to know the reality of it. This is probably the biggest stress for me. Please let me know your thoughts/opinions/experiences with this!

Originally Posted by Alicia415 View Post

Hey Girls! One question for those of you who have visited and/or already had their wedding! I would say a majority of our guests are going to stay at The Royal but there will definitely be some that stay at the Gran Caribe (including my sister who is my MOH) since she has children. I just wanted your opinion if you felt it was a problem or hassle to see those guests during your stay. I know that it is a different resort and the policies associated with visiting but wanted to know the reality of it. This is probably the biggest stress for me. Please let me know your thoughts/opinions/experiences with this!

Hi,

I just got married at the Royal in June, and I had 60 peopel attend my wedding. Out of those 60, 15 inlcuding my family stayed at the Gran Caribe.   It was stressful for me.   Mostly because my husband's family was at the Royal, and mine was at Caribe and everyone was on different schedules. it's easy to meet up on the beach or have the others go over to the other hotel cause they're right next to each other. But if the others didn't go over to the other hotel, or one family was napping while the other was having lunch, it was just a pain. Also, to be honest, people who end up staying at the Royal dont' feel the need to go to Caribe so what ended up happening is I would spend half days with my family at Caribe, but then I'd miss out on seeing anyone else until I got back to Royal.  In the end it still all worked out fine, but  I wish I only picked one hotel or at least got my family a room at the Caribe where they would have privileges to cross over and have dinner with us at Royal. Sorry to add to your stress but I'm just being honest.

What we tried to do to make it a little better is make dinner reservations for everyone at Caribe one night, and we met up for drinks at Caribe in the lobby bar the other night. Both of those worked out well, cause we then made everyone come over to the other hotel and hang out. But the overall ease of having everyone be able to hang out together on daily basis without you having to worry about if everyone is able to hang out together still didn't end up working out that well even if the hotels are right next to each other.

In regards to having my wedding at the Royal, I wouldn't change it for a thing. They did a fantastic job and it was amazing. You can see my earlier post after my wedding. Let me know if you have any more questions in regards to this issue or if you need me to elaborate.

Thank you Almah, I appreciate you sharing your experience and honesty! I know that it can't work out as perfectly as I would like it to (having everyone together at the time same). I was thinking of either doing a big welcome dinner one night on the Gran Caribe side like what you did or doing like a boat ride/cruise off the resort grounds which could easily include everyone. I will probably have to split my time between both places during the day as well, but oh well. Meeting on the beach is a feasible option too. Thank you again :)

Also, I just re-read your review and I saw that you had your reception in one of the ballrooms. Would you mind sending me pictures if you have any available? I just wanted to see how it looks decorated because honestly the pictures they have online do not make the ballrooms that appealing. I booked the Villas Terrace, however I think I want to have it indoors now 1) because I think people will enjoy the AC more and in the event of bad weather we we would already be set in there 2) I want my reception to me more than 3 hours and can't extend it outside during the season!

Thank you again!!