Wedding at The Royal in Cancun, June 2012

I've learned that any day Thurs-Sunday is considered a weekend, and there's an extra $400 charge. We have to be off the beach by 9pm in Cancun cause of the turtle nesting period. 

Originally Posted by Julietisurs View Post

Hi Ladies,

For those that are getting married later than 4 PM, were you required pay an additional $400?

My WC at the Gran Porto said if I wanted to delay the beach ceremony later than 4, it would be an additional $400.

Also we had to be off the beach at 10 PM.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey brides who have gotten married at Caribe/Royal & brides are who are still planning! I have another one.... If you didn't use or are not planning on using services of the spa for make up and hair, how did you get out of paying a vendor fee for make up and hair? I've been talking to Styling Trio Riviera, and they seem not interested to help out at all. They suggested I drive down to their salon in Playa....there's no way I am driving down to Playa on my wedding day. 

Since make up/hair is about $385, there's no way I'm paying another $350 on top of that. I have read in old forums that some brides sneaked the make up/hair people in, but I really don't want to deal with that. If I really have to I will, but how will my wedding coordinator not notice them? Also, since I want to do a trial run, and the day off, I need to pull this off twice. 

Any suggestions or advice from what you have done? Thank you!

Alma

• 2 weeks later...

Alma,

Remember this though - you have to give name of guests that are non Real guests.  They check ID's before they are allowed entrance and given bands.  The staff there at the resort are very well aware of all the vendors, etc. When our photographer showed up the bell boys knew his name immediately, they checked list showing we had paid our fee, then cleared him. I would just hate to see you have the stress of them not getting in on your big day.  They seem to have pretty well covered all ways around you avoiding vendor fees if you use anyone other than their choice. My advice - don't chance it:(

Sorry - just trying to be honest and help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any issues with booking at the Gran Caribe for their guests?

I just sent out my invitations yesterday, and I am worried that people will try to check prices and get scared away!

The Gran Caribe is just as expensive as the Royal on all the travel sites because the Caribe is only offering their higher category rooms.

I am kind of freaking out because I have friends who will need to book at the Caribe due to financials and totally defeats the purpose to stay at the Caribe if they are the same price!

Expedia has the Caribe's lowest level category available at $400 dollars EXTRA a night than the higher level category?!?!?! thatswck.gif

I am assuming that they are trying to sell their upper level category rooms and are blocking out the lower categorys for the time being????

Anyone have this issue?

Melissa

Really?? well i guess deoends where u flying out and how many days?? i checked yesterday at expedia and its still $400 cheaper then royal.

Originally Posted by SparksFly View Post

I just sent out my invitations yesterday, and I am worried that people will try to check prices and get scared away!

The Gran Caribe is just as expensive as the Royal on all the travel sites because the Caribe is only offering their higher category rooms.

I am kind of freaking out because I have friends who will need to book at the Caribe due to financials and totally defeats the purpose to stay at the Caribe if they are the same price!

Expedia has the Caribe's lowest level category available at $400 dollars EXTRA a night than the higher level category?!?!?! thatswck.gif

I am assuming that they are trying to sell their upper level category rooms and are blocking out the lower categorys for the time being????

Anyone have this issue?

Melissa

Really?? well i guess deoends where u flying out and how many days?? i checked yesterday at expedia and its still $400 cheaper then royal.

Originally Posted by SparksFly View Post

Anyone have this issue?

Melissa