Air travel to the DR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sunny55143

sunny55143
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi ladies!

We traveled down to the DR a few weeks ago to do our wedding site visit and in the airport on the way home, I noticed a sign that said you were not allowed to have the following in your carry-ons:

Hair dryers

Curling irons

Straighteners/flat irons

Scissors (any size)

Nail clippers

Tweezers

Umbrellas 

Creams (more than 3 ounces)

Liquids (more than 3 ounces)

I had tweezers and nail clippers in my bag but was still able to get through.  But the following week I traveled to El Salvador for work and they inspected everyone's bag at the gate and took my tweezers, so I guess this must be some Central America/Caribbean restriction?  Did anyone else have a problem with this??

Thanks!

#2 anudrm

anudrm
    • 760 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

Question:

How were you able to get nail clippers, creams (more than 3 ounces) or liquids (more than 3 ounces) on a plane out of the country anyhow?

Originally Posted by sunny55143 

Hi ladies!

We traveled down to the DR a few weeks ago to do our wedding site visit and in the airport on the way home, I noticed a sign that said you were not allowed to have the following in your carry-ons:

Hair dryers

Curling irons

Straighteners/flat irons

Scissors (any size)

Nail clippers

Tweezers

Umbrellas 

Creams (more than 3 ounces)

Liquids (more than 3 ounces)

I had tweezers and nail clippers in my bag but was still able to get through.  But the following week I traveled to El Salvador for work and they inspected everyone's bag at the gate and took my tweezers, so I guess this must be some Central America/Caribbean restriction?  Did anyone else have a problem with this??

Thanks!

#3 sunny55143

sunny55143
      • 84 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific - I was just wondering about the tweezers and the nail clippers.  I've never had a problem with either of those.

The creams and liquids were not the issue.

#4 anudrm

anudrm
        • 760 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

I know the tweezers should never be an issue, yet the nail clippers are iffy.  I would def pack those is a regular bag instead of carrying it on, just to avoid any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users