Photo

Cheesy Favor?? Feedback please! : D

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

Giving alcohol isn't cheesy at all! At least it's something they are going to use, and that's from DR is a big plus! They'll have a little piece of the DR to take home with them... and the first time I went to the DR I actually did bring some rum home with me as a kind of souvenir lol 

#12 ayansi08

ayansi08
    • 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

I was just thinking my guests might think I was taking an easy way out with the favors by getting something from DR! lol

Since you've been there before....do you happen to know how much those small bottles are????

Thank you for the support on my "not cheesy" favor!!!! : )

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 

Giving alcohol isn't cheesy at all! At least it's something they are going to use, and that's from DR is a big plus! They'll have a little piece of the DR to take home with them... and the first time I went to the DR I actually did bring some rum home with me as a kind of souvenir lol 

#13 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
      • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

To be honest, I can't remember how much the bottle was, but I did get a bigger bottle, like the size of a mickey... I do remember thinking it was pretty reasonable for rum and that it was cheaper than here! Hope this helps! :)

I was just thinking my guests might think I was taking an easy way out with the favors by getting something from DR! lol

Since you've been there before....do you happen to know how much those small bottles are????

Thank you for the support on my "not cheesy" favor!!!! : )

#14 ayansi08

ayansi08
        • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Ok thanks!!! I guess I'll just see what I find once I'm there.....and I agree, it will be way cheaper than buying it here in Miami = )

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 

To be honest, I can't remember how much the bottle was, but I did get a bigger bottle, like the size of a mickey... I do remember thinking it was pretty reasonable for rum and that it was cheaper than here!
          Hope this helps! :)

#15 Anapc

Anapc
          • Banned
          • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

I can send you some pictures with prices including Dominican Rum I live in Punta Cana and I can bring it to your resort, you can send me your e-mail so I can send the information to you. 

Ana 

#16 ayansi08

ayansi08
            • 49 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Sure! It's

I can send you some pictures with prices including Dominican Rum I live in Punta Cana and I can bring it to your resort, you can send me your e-mail so I can send the information to you. 

Ana 

#17 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
              • 155 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

I think it's a great idea!  Everything that I've read for creating a gift bag, says to include something that's relevant to your destination.  Sounds perfect to me! 

Originally Posted by ayansi08 

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to get some feedback on my favor idea.....

Since I'll be getting married in Paradisus Punta Cana, I wanted to give something to my guests as a keep sake of not only our wedding but of DR.

So I've been going back and forth on the idea of giving my guests a small bottle of one of the typical rums of DR either Barcelo or Brugal. I figure since my FI and I are getting to DR a few days before the wedding we can purchase them there. I'm guessing they'll be cheaper there as well.

I'd bring personalized ribbon and a small thank you tag to put on each bottle.

Is it cheesy to give away rum?????

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Thank you!!!

#18 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
                • 221 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

I am a DR bride and also looking for something besides alcohol to give as a favor.  Any ideas?

#19 Anapc

Anapc
                  • Banned
                  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

Could you please be so kind to send me your e-mail address so I can send you some options that we have.

We are a wholesaler in Punta Cana and can send you our brochure.

My e-mail address is alrls@hotmail.com

#20 heavenone

heavenone
                    • 169 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Anapc, I'm interested too! I'll shoot you an email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users