Photo

How to exchange Rings? I only have an engagement ring.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spawithlisab

spawithlisab
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

I need help and this is going to sound dumb, but I cant find it anywhere, not even Google.

My ring like many of yours is a custom ring that does not have a band to go with it.  I could have had one made but the shank - side view is so ornate that the band would be covering up the side.

How did you exchange rings?  SInce I wear this one, does he present it to me at the ceremony, again?  or what?  thank you!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

I think he definetly could present you your engagment ring, just take it off before the ceremony.  I know my friend never had a wedding band, just her engagement ring and they went and bought just a cheap wedding band to exchange for their ceremony. 

Originally Posted by spawithlisab 

I need help and this is going to sound dumb, but I cant find it anywhere, not even Google.

My ring like many of yours is a custom ring that does not have a band to go with it.  I could have had one made but the shank - side view is so ornate that the band would be covering up the side.

How did you exchange rings?  SInce I wear this one, does he present it to me at the ceremony, again?  or what?  thank you!

#3 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
    • 675 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

My friend just got married and her engagement ring was actually her wedding band.  Her husband couldn't afford a "real" engagement ring.  So, they just used her engagement/wedding band again on their wedding day.  I don't see any problems just using your engagement ring!!

#4 spawithlisab

spawithlisab
      • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

thank you ladies.  5 days left for me!

#5 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
        • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

YAY!!!  That is so exciting!  Have a great time!!!

Originally Posted by spawithlisab 

thank you ladies.  5 days left for me!

#6 monicak

monicak
          • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

I agree, just give him the ring before the ceremony and use that.  I ended up purchasing a bridal set and just didn't wear a ring prior to the wedding.....Just tell people it's clean and you don't want to get it dirty for pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users