Dreams Cancun 2013 Destination Wedding Brides

Thanks rykell!  So if I have nights where we have 20 rooms booked, and nights where we have 12 rooms booked, do we get comped for three rooms for the nights where we have 20 rooms, and comped two rooms for the nights we had 12 rooms booked?   Our TA says that we CAN NOT transfer the credit to anyone else- did you experience something different? 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure , For every 6 rooms booked you get one comp ( that is not the whole amount either as they take off taxes and resort fees first )

We had the lowest of stays that were equal to 7 nights , we had 18 rooms .... Most of us stayed for 10 nights but they will not count as u must calculate the lost amount which would be the 7 nights.... so the 10 nights where not a factor , 

From our T A we could do what we wanted with the extra cash , our daughter whos wedding this was for kelly kanester gave the moms and dads the extra to help pay for the at home reception .

We had 37 guest we all stayed at Dreams , we had 3 rooms leave after 7 days and that is how it was calculated .

Your T A is not correct as they gather  all the money , they then pay the resort, they take their commision and then what is left is yours. The resort doesnt have the money that all your guest pay until the last possible moment .

As your T/A works for you , that money should be yours to do what you want with as that is what our T/A told us . Kelly could split it any way she liked ...

Go back and call the T/A on this as she is trying not to do her job , doing as little as possible and that is not good pratice ...

Good luck

P.S there is a max of 3 rooms 

Originally Posted by jlynne View Post

Hi girls, I was just wondering if anyone used/heard reviews on the dj through the resort? I'm not sure if I need to talk to them ahead of time about music and I've asked Claudia a few weeks ago and still haven't heard a response. I leave for my wedding in a week! I picked all the ceremony songs just not sure if I need to make a playlist for the reception. Thanks!

I also have Claudia as my planner and she told me to let the DJ know the genre of music I like and bring copies of specific songs I do want played and also a list of songs that I do not (if I have any).

Where are you getting married? I chose the Gazebo. I'd LOVE to hear about your experience. I am getting married in February.

Originally Posted by cobride61313 View Post

Hi!  I have been using the great information on this site since I started planning my wedding last summer.  We are just starting to have people start booking their travel, and we are having a difficult time figuring out what "formula" Dreams Cancun uses to determine comps.  We have some of our family that are struggling to make it, and if possible, we would like to pass our comps on to them.  Does anyone have any idea on this?  Our TA is working on it, but I don't think he is advocating for us as much as I would like him to... 

Thanks!

What I was told (not sure if it varies) is that Dreams doesn't give you the comp money until after the travel is completed anymore. They take the average room stay and give you that back in return at the end of the trip. That is the "free rooms" they are talking about. I believe that it is one free room for every 6 booked.

Our wedding is next month and I am on the fence about what kind of reception to have. I'm wondering if you ladies can provide me with some feedback.

We had a lot of our guests fall through and I think the final count is around 20 and they are a mix of adults and kids. I'm fine with the small ceremony but my original reception plan was for the ballroom and I don't want to do that anymore.

Since it's not a big group and they are diverse in age, I am wondering what it would be like to have it at one of the restaurants and then for the people that want to go out, we could go out to the bar/nightclub after? I'm just not sure though.....I feel like a restaurant would be weird.

Have any of you had a reception at the restaurant? What about the sand? Or anyone have a smaller group like mine? I'm just bummed that the size has changed and worried about how the evening will play out.

Originally Posted by Jess02162013 View Post

Our wedding is next month and I am on the fence about what kind of reception to have. I'm wondering if you ladies can provide me with some feedback.

We had a lot of our guests fall through and I think the final count is around 20 and they are a mix of adults and kids. I'm fine with the small ceremony but my original reception plan was for the ballroom and I don't want to do that anymore.

Since it's not a big group and they are diverse in age, I am wondering what it would be like to have it at one of the restaurants and then for the people that want to go out, we could go out to the bar/nightclub after? I'm just not sure though.....I feel like a restaurant would be weird.

Have any of you had a reception at the restaurant? What about the sand? Or anyone have a smaller group like mine? I'm just bummed that the size has changed and worried about how the evening will play out.

Hi Jess02132013,

Why not go with a beach reception? We loved what Michelle and Amet did with their intimate group of 15 guests:

Check out the full slideshow for more ideas: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=732

Best wishes,