Dreams Cancun 2013 Destination Wedding Brides

Originally Posted by Sarah P View Post

Oh goodness, using this on my phone got me all messed up on the post dates. Looks like the other post I replied to was for a 2013 wedding! Anyway, we are getting married January 20, 2014 at Dreams Cancun. I've made a site visit and love it and our guests are booking now through Classic Vacations. They had the best rates- much better than what we got directly through the hotel! I'd love to find another 2014 bride!

I'm getting married Feb 28, 2014! HEY 2014 BRIDES :) Super excited

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys! My fiance, Andy, and I are getting married at Dreams Cancun on December 12, 2013 :)  We are just getting ready to send out our invites now (http://www.invitationsbydavidsbridal.com/Wedding-Invitations/Neutrals/2947-DB8172-Shell-We--Invitation.pro)- there's a link to the invites we chose- they're pretty cute and very beachy.  I just booked DJ Mannia as well for our reception.  Their rates are def cheaper than the resort (yes, even with the $150 Vendor fee).  They also offer cheaper rates for under table lights and the lighted dance floor.  Hope this info helps- this thread has been a great resource for me!

O, thank you for that info! The dance floor/dj is my biggest question mark at this point. I'm actually hoping to trade the resort photog and album/video for the dance floor. I haven't reached out to my coordinator yet though.

Hi Guys! My fiance, Andy, and I are getting married at Dreams Cancun on December 12, 2013 :)  We are just getting ready to send out our invites now (http://www.invitationsbydavidsbridal.com/Wedding-Invitations/Neutrals/2947-DB8172-Shell-We--Invitation.pro)- there's a link to the invites we chose- they're pretty cute and very beachy.  I just booked DJ Mannia as well for our reception.  Their rates are def cheaper than the resort (yes, even with the $150 Vendor fee).  They also offer cheaper rates for under table lights and the lighted dance floor.  Hope this info helps- this thread has been a great resource for me!

Megssweet1- that's a great idea for the trade! Let me know what your coordinator says about it.  DJ Mannia said they don't need to book the dance floor until about a month before, and I'm planning on getting an outside photographer so I'd be totally into making that trade as well :)

Originally Posted by megssweet1 View Post

O, thank you for that info! The dance floor/dj is my biggest question mark at this point. I'm actually hoping to trade the resort photog and album/video for the dance floor. I haven't reached out to my coordinator yet though.

@megssweet1... just wanted to give you a heads up.  I do not think they will do the trade.  Go ahead and try though in case they changed policy.  I tried trading something before my wedding and the only trades they did was like for like (i.e. reception item for reception item).  Cross trades between types were not allowed (i.e. reception item for photography, spa treatments for something non spa, etc.).

Originally Posted by Ongerina View Post

Megssweet1- that's a great idea for the trade! Let me know what your coordinator says about it.  DJ Mannia said they don't need to book the dance floor until about a month before, and I'm planning on getting an outside photographer so I'd be totally into making that trade as well :)

How much are they quoting you? If I use them I end up paying $10 more than I would if I just went with the Dreams DJ

Dreams: $1540 (3 hours DJ + Dance floor)
Mannia: $1550 (3 hours DJ + Dance floor + $150 vendor fee)

Hi Ashleyloriann!  

This is what Cecilia gave me for pricing through dreams: $280/hr for the DJ, 9ft*9ft light floor $700, 9ft*15ft light floor $800.  When you go through the resort, everything (individually) has 11% tax and 15% service fee- which is not included. So if you go with the resort DJ package for 3 hours, and the smallest dance floor, that's an extra $400 in fees.

You can talk down the outside vendors (pretty easily). For example- DJ mannia quoted me $300 for a sounds system for the ceremony (which is ridiculous!)- so I told them it was only $180 to get in through the resort.  So they offered it at $180 (and that is the final price, no extra fees or taxes, while the resort would charge a service fee + tax if you went through them).

DJ Mannia gave me three hours with the DJ (includeds DJ/MC, DJ booth, sounds system, wireless MIC, robotic lights, white balloons, 4 cold fireworks explosions) for $800 (no extra fees).  They also gave me a free bubble machine for the receoption just for booking them for the sound system for the cermony.  Their light up dance floor prices are: 12ft*12ft= $600, 12ft*16ft=$800.  They don't require the dance floors to be booked until a month before.  Also, I am planning to get under the table lights through them because they are only $19/each, whereas they are $25/each +tax/service fee from dreams.  The prices at first seem good at dreams, until you add in that extra 26%.

So if I went through Dreams, a DJ+dance floor would be $1940 total.  DJ Mannia would be $1400 (and this dance floor is bigger than the Dreams one). Does that all make sense?

Hope that's helpful!

Andrea

I'll keep you posted. Haven't reached out to the resort yet. I'm gonna hold off until I have a good list of questions.

Originally Posted by Ongerina View Post