HELP: Kicked BM out of Bridal Party...

I say forget her and don't waste anymore of your energy dwelling on her and her husbands obvious lack of maturity and their ability to be good friends.  I would not be helping to have any deposit refunded but that's just me.  Go on with your life and your special day, everyone who matters will be there and you are better off without having a stressor there!

You are getting married in less than 2 months! Focus on you, and FI and YOUR big day, you don't need such drama!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone so much for your support :)

I really appreciate it.

I was second guessing myself as to whether or not I was being unfair to her or actually being self-centered as she told me a few times in a few emails.

I know none of you know me personally and I'm really not trying to toot my own horn - I know I can be a b.itch in some circumstances, but everything to do with our wedding I have been pretty laid back about.  I don't even get upset if people tell me they can't make it - we wanted it small regardless.  I know not everyone can make the financial committment.

But I do expect that when you accept being in someone's bridal party back in DECEMBER that you would make every effort possible to come.  I get that her husband's ulcer rupturing is probably stressing her out - but, as I told her on the weekend, she has to look at the positives like the fact that he didn't need to have surgery for it.

Thanks again for everyone's opinions and views on this really touchy and ridiculous subject...

Glad we could help. Now it's just on to next, right? You prob still have a ton of things to do!

Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post

Thank you everyone so much for your support :)

I really appreciate it.

I was second guessing myself as to whether or not I was being unfair to her or actually being self-centered as she told me a few times in a few emails.

I know none of you know me personally and I'm really not trying to toot my own horn - I know I can be a b.itch in some circumstances, but everything to do with our wedding I have been pretty laid back about.  I don't even get upset if people tell me they can't make it - we wanted it small regardless.  I know not everyone can make the financial committment.

But I do expect that when you accept being in someone's bridal party back in DECEMBER that you would make every effort possible to come.  I get that her husband's ulcer rupturing is probably stressing her out - but, as I told her on the weekend, she has to look at the positives like the fact that he didn't need to have surgery for it.

Thanks again for everyone's opinions and views on this really touchy and ridiculous subject...

Actually I don't really have a ton left to do!

All we really had left was to get her husband to get his tux pants and figure out if they were going or not lol.

I have another dress fitting at the alterations place next month - all the BM dresses are good to go.

Sent everything I needed to send to the WC in already...now we pretty much just have to wait until we get there to figure out the rest!!

Even with all this bull...I'm super excited! smile29.gif

Good! you should be excited. oh hey I just realized we are date twins. love it so much : ) That's awesome you have so much done already.  I still feel like I have a ton to do. We had less than six mo. from time of engagement to the wedding. We are pretty much planning two weddings cuz of 200 ppl AHR. That has been the most time consuming thing. Since getting preggers i have been so tired. All i want to do is lay on the couch so alot of my DIY projects are slow going : (    Can't wait to get some energy back.

Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post

Actually I don't really have a ton left to do!

All we really had left was to get her husband to get his tux pants and figure out if they were going or not lol.

I have another dress fitting at the alterations place next month - all the BM dresses are good to go.

Sent everything I needed to send to the WC in already...now we pretty much just have to wait until we get there to figure out the rest!!

Even with all this bull...I'm super excited! smile29.gif

I would definitely be done with her!  Not worth your precious time anymore!  She sound like a nightmare, and it is so hard to be calm and collective with someone like that.  It's almost like they do it on purpose to get your blood boiling and then blame the situation on you, after you have hit your limit!  You will be so much happier for now, if you just let her go  :)  Sounds to me like she need to learn empathy and to watch her words very carefully!  Good luck!!!

Forget her, and stay far away. She's an angry person. To be honest, I think we all know that as brides, we can be somewhat self-centered even when we try not to be, but there is absolutely no reason for her to lash out at you like that. Especially if you've been checking in on her husband and being a good friend as you've described.

Wow, I just can't believe the things some people do.  I think its definately in your best interest to not have them included in your wedding.  Yes it does suck because they were friends, but in the long run it will probably be better.  It will surely make your day less stressful and awkward.  You dont want to look back in 5 years and regret having them in your pictures and memories of your special day.  It is your wedding and there is no reason why she should be treating you this way! You made the right decision to get rid of her! 

So you're also a 11/11/11 fan! lol

We  were going to do the AHR but decided against it.  Too much stress and my dad wanted to pay for it and I didn't want him to...so we just cancelled it!

If you need any help with anything, message me - I don't always respond right away but I'll definitely respond! :)

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be View Post

Good! you should be excited. oh hey I just realized we are date twins. love it so much : ) That's awesome you have so much done already.  I still feel like I have a ton to do. We had less than six mo. from time of engagement to the wedding. We are pretty much planning two weddings cuz of 200 ppl AHR. That has been the most time consuming thing. Since getting preggers i have been so tired. All i want to do is lay on the couch so alot of my DIY projects are slow going : (    Can't wait to get some energy back.