A Message to my Invited Guests

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 anudrm

anudrm
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

They are once those who aren't coming realize that you don't give a 

And they say a destination wedding is supposed to be less stressful...

#12 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

Fully Agreed Anudrm!!! We honestly don't care who comes.. We even told the people who are coming they can bring guests!! It is just a big party!!!! But I don't want to hear your stupid $$ excuse... Tell us the REAL reason.. finally got it out of my FI's best friend that he is not coming due to his wfie thinks its unfair since she can't come due to her work schedule (she is a teacher) that he should be able to spend their money by himself and have fun without her...

UMMMM  ALERT!!! (Thanks anudrm.. I didn't ever see this icon I <3 it now!!)

#13 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
      • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

I meant shouldn't obv.!!

#14 anudrm

anudrm
        • 760 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Really?!?!?

One of my bridesmaid is a teacher and she will be there!! She let them know last school year and made them aware again at the beginning of this school year.  I hate excuses!!! Man-UP, LOL

#15 Sharon99

Sharon99
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

hmm interesting...I have 2 guests that are teachers and can't take off for NEXT YEAR!!!

Oh well is all I can say!

Originally Posted by anudrm 

Really?!?!?

One of my bridesmaid is a teacher and she will be there!! She let them know last school year and made them aware again at the beginning of this school year.  I hate excuses!!! Man-UP, LOL

#16 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think people CHOOSE not to take it off and use the excuse that they are a teacher.. COME ON.. SERIOUSLY you can take time off from any job I don't care what it is... Especially if you give a years notice.. Excuses Excuses

#17 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
              • 215 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Oh the teacher excuse!!!  We even went out of our way to make sure to book our wedding on spring break as they told us that would be the only way they can come and guess what now they can't afford it but humm just spent a week in vegas...just goes to show how much they really care about us!!! 

#18 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

@ Laurelyn

Yikes!!! but Exactly!! And if they are going to do that you they would probably make your wedding stressful somehow so you are better off without them coming! Just think they will miss out on the beautiful views and weather!!!

#19 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
                  • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

Awesome thread, great place to vent.  I agree with everyone on the rudeness of people not RSVP'g.  I ended up personally calling all my relatives that I invited about a week after the invites went out and started the conversation with "I know you probably can't come and I don't want you to feel pressured, just know that if it were possible, I would have loved you to be there."  Most of my Dad's family doesn't have a lot of cash, so I get it, and all of my Mom's side is in Greece - so there was no way they were coming, but I was surprised because one of my cousin's over there said she'd love to come over to Canada next summer for our Greek Orthodox wedding.  Yes I'm getting married 3 times, civilly a couple days before we go, on the beach by Pastor York, and in Montreal in a Church for my Dad...

The Church one is going to be really small, just my dad's side of the family because they all live there.

#20 zbwedding

zbwedding
                    • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  I've come to the conclusion that there's no such thing as less stressful... unless you elope!!!!  

Originally Posted by FutureMrsF 

And they say a destination wedding is supposed to be less stressful...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users