A Message to my Invited Guests

JBean

UGGHH!! I'm sorry this is happening to your future husband :( He must be really hurting inside... I know my FI was very very disappointed when his BM told him he wasn't coming.. I don't think you can ever forget something like that either :(

Originally Posted by anudrm View Post

Been there done that also.....BM (Husband's cousin) wife has now decided that she isn't coming, she was just coming at the beginning of September, wasn't coming in July and the same censored.gif who said "us Floridians wouldn't come to Virginia in November if you have your wedding then".....Why does your opinion matter?!?!? You are NO person of interest.  Yet then again, who know's if BM is coming anyhow, he still doesn't have a passport and or has applied for one.  Cut off is Saturday!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, for the first time I think he is actually P-d off...His cousin just told him he doesn't have the funds to get a passport and his brother just refuses to return a call and say no he isn't coming.  Like seriously?!?!? You are GROWN @$$ MEN, MAN UP and stop making excuses. I can only wait for they call and ask him to do something for them, I will constantly remind him of how they screwed up his day!

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

UGGHH!! I'm sorry this is happening to your future husband :( He must be really hurting inside... I know my FI was very very disappointed when his BM told him he wasn't coming.. I don't think you can ever forget something like that either :( 

Yeah it does. It is has a simple as saying no I don't think I can pull it off.  Yes we would have been bothered, yet we could have replaced them. Now 40 something days out, who do you call and say 'Yeah we are going out the country, yeah you have to buy a flight, but can you stand by myside'

UGH

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

It really sucks it has to come to this :(

Amen to that. 

Originally Posted by amberah19 View Post

RSVP'ing is a lost art, I totally agree. I will now NEVER EVER hold on to an RSVP card a minute longer than I have to, to know whether I am going or not. After not getting lots of ours back, I now know the stress it causes!

thanks for posting your "vent"... its funny how since finding BDW i feel like i have hundreds of great girlfriends who actually understand!!!! I have not sent out invitations yet, although we have pretty much personally talked to everyone we have invited... I appreciate the heads up on the RSVP... and knowing what you ladies are going through with your guests i will try to go into it without taking it personal (so hard) Thanks again... and i hope it all works out:)

• 4 weeks later...

Well said!!!

Originally Posted by JBean View Post

Ladies - I never knew how stressful a destination wedding could be, or all the things you would learn about people in the process. I'm afraid this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. We knew not a lot of people would be able to come to Mexico, and that was fine.  I was handling it all quite well, until yesterday, when 3 people (including a bridesmaid!) bailed on the wedding, a mere 50 days out. A bride can only take so much!

I need to vent so I'm saying all the things you can't say, and I'm saying them here so that I don't make some regrettable phone calls the next time I've had a few bevies. 

1) It's not the fact that you're not coming that is bothersome, it's the way you go (or don't go) about it. Why wait until the LAST MINUTE to RSVP? If you know you're not coming, why not pop the little card in the mail? Huh? But at least you people RSVP'd at all! Which leads me to...

2) LEARN how to RSVP people - is this a lost art? Has respect gone out the window? WE INCLUDED THE STAMP AND sent out reminder emails - it's not that difficult!! And frankly, it's inconsiderate and RUDE.

3) For those of you (especially close family members) that said to our faces that you would "definitely be there", and loved to talk about how much fun it was going to be, and THEN miss the RSVP deadline AND don't end up booking - Seriously???

4) To all the people who use money as an excuse for not coming - You all had over a year and half to plan and save for this wedding. If you REALLY wanted to be there, MOST of you could have made it happen. At least lie and say you can't get the time off - that's a bit easier to swallow. 

5) To my eldest (yet seemingly youngest) brother - don't pin your inability to come to the wedding and financial issues on your baby daughter, and then post pics of your new motorbike on Facebook. Also, when our other brother (who IS coming) offers to share a room with you to cut costs, don't say "I'd rather have a room to myself" and then tell me the trip is cost prohibitive.

6) To my fiance's family, of which barely anyone is coming or even bothered to RSVP - I wish I had more reasons to be excited about becoming a part of this family. Your welcome was about as warm as a block of ice.

7) To my bridesmaid, who waited until yesterday (6 weeks out) to cancel - see #4. Waiting this long to cancel, unfortunately, will hurt our friendship. I have your dress, BM gift and flowers sitting here, reminding me that one of my longest, closest friends, who swore she'd be there - will not be.

8) Finally, to those of you who *gasp* RSVP'd ON TIME (and some of you more than once, just to be sure we got it), whether you're coming to the wedding or not - THANK YOU! 

It's taking every ounce of strength I have not to post this on Facebook. 

Thank you thank you thank you for starting this thread....

BM's girlfriend- seems as though she thinks the price for kids is too high... well, yes... it's not an amusement park for a long weekend... It's a 5 star in the Mayan. Your ex-husband can keep your son for the week, I would enjoy him there and there will be other children there, but I can understand the expense.   Then of course she had the nerve to ACTUALLY say "You know, I just don't want our first family vacation to be around so many people."  Ummmmmm- not about you. She is forcing her boyfriend to come alone and pay a pretty steep single supplement. He's the BEST MAN...

Good family friends- wouldn't DREAM of missing our wedding...  apparently Oct 2011 is too early to commit for Oct 2012... Not sure if they can get the time off... new job and all...  yeah- Canadian Labour law would disagree with you...

I guess what upsets me are the inconsiderate people... as many of you have mentioned. You know what??? IT"S OUR WEDDING.  We went above and beyond by taking into consideration price point, proximity to town, proximity to the airport, amenities, beach, best time of year for most guests, child friendly etc... etc... It took us months!   Had it been up to me? Super luxury all inclusive in St Lucia-but guess what? I abided by the price point people said they were comfortable with... AND!  with all said and done?  15 months for $$ planning.

Our TA found SUCH a good deal, that she is booking herself to come!

We have 18 people booked from Canada and 4 from California- truth be told?? Almost EVERY single one of our must-haves is coming.  

The rest?  Check it out- you missed the wedding of the year!