How much did you spend on your invitations?

The save the dates were free!! My very creative (and very preg- which is why she didn't do the invitations- baby Isabelle was more than enough for her to handle) friend did them for me- and I just gave her a $75 gift card to her fav store- Pottery Barn..

The invitations- ouch-- Hopefully the financee doesn't log on and see this posting- hehe-- we are sending out 55, and we are paying $710 - this included calligraphy addressing, postage for reply envelopes w/ addressing, etc... but I love them!! By a local company here in Cary, NC -- Unique Wedding Invitations and Stationery by The Green Kangaroo

hmm- well i thought I'd copy a pic of them but can't figure out how to do it- -hehe---

• 9 months later...

I have spent about $410 for 160 invites...

$230 on paper from mygatsby.com & hobby lobby..[couldnt decide at first]

$50 for printer

$50 for shipping boxes

$30 for bubble wrap envelopes

$50 on shipping [estimated]

I know it sounds like alot but i wanted really nice and different invitations than the norm... hopefully i will submitting a pic w/in the week... waiting on the printer and the shipping boxes..

• 2 weeks later...

I spent $100 on 50 invites from nepalesepaper.com. They are phenomenal. The only DIY was printing up the invite insert on cardstock that is included. I could not believe how affordable they were for such beautiful, unique and eco-friendly invites.

RGC9ND Wedding/Party Invitation Set

here is a pic from the website. You can get whatever color of leaf stain and paper you want. I did the natural paper and a fuschia leaf. I'll replace this one with a pic of mine when I have one ready:

Click the image to open in full size.

• 5 months later...

wow I am down to about 4 months to go till the wedding. We are having about 20 guests at the destination and then AHR were looking at sending out about 200 invites maybe 150 if I get one last look at the list before the mom's take over. I also want to do two different invites one for those just coming to the AHR and others for those coming with us? Has anyone ever done that?? I really want to go cheap on invites but I'm not having much luck at all! Mainly because I have gone all out crazy with the OOT bags!! any suggestions? I would like to stay around 200 to 300 bucks. I know pretty tight!! bunny_4.gif

I think I spent around $100 for my boarding passes (with all the supplies and printing--there we a lot!) and probably around the same fore the invitations for my AHR, I sent about 80 of them. So yes jenny I did the same thing, send invitations to those who were going to mexico and then a seperate one for those going to just the AHR, most knew what we were doing and did not care if they were just going to the AHR.

We're making DIY boarding passes. We are sending out 45, it costs us :

- 12 $ paper from walmart

- 5$ paper from Hobby Lobby (half price)

- 12 $ paper from Michael's

- 10$ enveloppes

- 26$ trimmer

- 9$ palm tree punch

- 12$ round punch

- 7$ round corner punch

- 8$ raffia

- 5$ for address labels and return labels

- 4$ for printing the jackets, the printer would not accept the cardstock we used for jackets. We print them in black and white (over colored cardstock)

Total 110$, postage not included, and all the fun of designing (of FI loved the trimming cuttins and all).

All the jackets are done we are still to finish the passes wink.gif