Jump to content

Photo

Did you bring your own stuff or 'rent' from the hotel?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
  • Newbie
  • 91 posts

    Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

    Well I just learned that things like bows (fabric) for the chairs would have to be brought on my own or "rented" from the hotel i think a bride had said on a forum.  Is it even possible to order it in mexico instead of packing my bags with wedding items & pack for two weeks! with the price of bags now I'm a little scared!?  I'm curious about how other brides did this...



    #2 redginger

    redginger
    • Jr. Member
    • 360 posts

      Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

      It's cheaper to buy the decorations and bring them with you, rather than renting them from the hotel. If the decorations are foldable, like fabric, they should be easy to pack in your luggage. My family and friends will be carrying some of my decorations. Is it possible for you to do that? I would have concerns about ordering them and shipping them to Mexico...what if they lost!



      #3 charitydawn

      charitydawn
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

        woah.. is this at every resort or just yours?



        #4 goddesslv4

        goddesslv4
        • Newbie
        • 91 posts

          Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

          Well mine does the Royal in cancun but i guess a lot of hotels do it they only provide maybe the head table center piece  but u have to rent the rest...like the seat covers,,,,the white ones will b provided but if i want something like bows on them i gotta provided them or rent them.... make sense?>



          #5 jmastr05

          jmastr05
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

            I rented everything: white chair covers, colored chair sashes, white table clothes, colored table overlays, vases for the center pieces, an arch draped in fabric for the ceremony. I wanted to bring as little with me as possible (but I still ended up with 2+ suitcases of JUST wedding supplies).

             

            I think it worked out very well. I would explain what I wanted to my WC, and then she would send me a picture to make sure I liked what they were going to rent for me.  



            #6 goddesslv4

            goddesslv4
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:39 PM


              What hotel? and how much extra did u pay???

              Originally Posted by jmastr05 

              I rented everything: white chair covers, colored chair sashes, white table clothes, colored table overlays, vases for the center pieces, an arch draped in fabric for the ceremony. I wanted to bring as little with me as possible (but I still ended up with 2+ suitcases of JUST wedding supplies).

               

              I think it worked out very well. I would explain what I wanted to my WC, and then she would send me a picture to make sure I liked what they were going to rent for me.  



               



              #7 jmastr05

              jmastr05
              • Jr. Member
              • 189 posts

                Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

                The hotel was the Divi Aruba All-Inclusive, in Aruba. However, to be honest, I'm not sure if the hotel or other vendors were the ones renting me the supplies. My WC was not a hotel employee, but an independant WC who is contracted by various hotels in Aruba (Lissy Lampe of Ceremonies and Celebrations). She took care of everyting. It may have even been her company that owned the supplies.

                 

                As for the pricing... That information in on my personal laptop, which I don't have with me right now. I'll send include the prices in another post.

                 

                Originally Posted by goddesslv4 


                What hotel? and how much extra did u pay???



                 



                 



                #8 goddesslv4

                goddesslv4
                • Newbie
                • 91 posts

                  Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:02 PM


                  THX!!!

                  Originally Posted by jmastr05 

                  The hotel was the Divi Aruba All-Inclusive, in Aruba. However, to be honest, I'm not sure if the hotel or other vendors were the ones renting me the supplies. My WC was not a hotel employee, but an independant WC who is contracted by various hotels in Aruba (Lissy Lampe of Ceremonies and Celebrations). She took care of everyting. It may have even been her company that owned the supplies.

                   

                  As for the pricing... That information in on my personal laptop, which I don't have with me right now. I'll send include the prices in another post.

                   



                   



                   



                  #9 jmastr05

                  jmastr05
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 189 posts

                    Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

                    Ok, here are the prices...

                     

                    Bamboo Arch with white drapes (for ceremony): $325

                    Plastic chairs with white cover and colored sash (for ceremony): $7.25

                    Vase with clear marbles (for center piece): $10

                    Colored table overlays (for reception) $10


                     

                    Originally Posted by jmastr05 View Post

                    The hotel was the Divi Aruba All-Inclusive, in Aruba. However, to be honest, I'm not sure if the hotel or other vendors were the ones renting me the supplies. My WC was not a hotel employee, but an independant WC who is contracted by various hotels in Aruba (Lissy Lampe of Ceremonies and Celebrations). She took care of everyting. It may have even been her company that owned the supplies.

                     

                    As for the pricing... That information in on my personal laptop, which I don't have with me right now. I'll send include the prices in another post.

                     



                     



                     



                    #10 goddesslv4

                    goddesslv4
                    • Newbie
                    • 91 posts

                      Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:23 PM


                      ok i think i got the idea!

                      Originally Posted by jmastr05 

                      Ok, here are the prices...

                       

                      Bamboo Arch with white drapes (for ceremony): $325

                      Plastic chairs with white cover and colored sash (for ceremony): $7.25

                      Vase with clear marbles (for center piece): $10

                      Colored table overlays (for reception) $10


                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users