Hi Karen, I was recently married there and I will share what i know:
1. Semi Private Dinner - Mamee Bay Steakhouse is the usual choice since it's included in the free package. In order to have dinner other places there are more fees involved. (message me with your email if you want to see the current menu)
Private Dinner - At Plantation you could book a private dinner at $500 for 2 hours and $1000 for 4 hours. If you want to add music you will pay extra for that too. (i have that menu too)
If you book the poolside reception, or the beach party you will pick from either menu i believe and pay per person (not including a DJ)
2. First Dance - The only way you can do that is to pay or a private space as specified above. After your wedding see if Keisha will let u do your first dance in the beach gazebo right on the beach, its worth a shot since the sound system will already be out there for your ceremony.
3. Photographer - For all of the money you will spend on the vendor fee ($350) for an outside photographer plus the photo package, you might as well pay to fly in your own photographer. if they are a guest at the resort you don't have to pay the vendor fee. if you decide to do this, get it in writing via email and bring a copy when you arrive. It cost me $950 for my photographer's flight and accommodations. I got unlimited pictures from thursday to sunday. HOWEVER: you cannot use the resort's videographer unless you book their photographer. I know, messed up right?
4. Renova Spa - I didn't use their services. I did my own hair and makeup. I was going for a simple natural look. (I also have the pricelist if you want me to send)
5. Upgrades - I GOT AN UPGRADE! I paid originally for a junior suite, I told them I was getting married and it was smaller than I thought, and it actually had a "moldy" smell from water damage. I had 30+ guests and the offered to upgrade to a suite for FREE! (pics in my review check it out)
6. Flowers - You are correct, the free flowers have toooo many colors for me so I opted to bring my own real touch calla lillies from (afloral.com) I used 24 callas per bouquet they worked out fine and traveled great. Note: use real rose petals on the beach silk petals are not allowed. (i have pics of the flowers from Tai flora if u want as well)
NO worries, I know its tough but your gonna have a blast! Ask away... Glad to help
Originally Posted by Kandf11
My name is Karen and I am getting married in a couple of month. I have been reading things about RUI wedding in this site. It's great. I'm so happy I found this site.
Anyways, I booked the wedding package last week and I'm still waiting for the confirmation form the hotel. I've decided to go with the $350 package (Judging from the site...most brides are happy with this). I do have alot fo question that need clarification.
Before I begin with the question. Just gonna provide alittle info about what I want. Simple wedding is all I want...nothing too fancy. I just want to marry my fiance and start our lives together asap. I will be a small wedding approx 10-12 (us included). It will be just family and close friends. I have not from anyone in the hotel and I'm starting to panick because wedding is just a couple of months away. Couple of questions I have:
1) With a small wedding, where do you recommend I do the dinner?. Is it worth doing the beach party? I think you need to have a minumum number of people before you can do the party.
2) Where and when can we have the first dance? I read alot of people rent DJs but because I have a very small party I'm not sure whether or not its worth doing?
3) Photographers. I got the info for the Riu photographer and he's pricy. I came across bad review on this photographer. So, I'm thinking of hiring someone from outside and just pay the vendors fee. Again, I don't know how I feel about spending that much money but I would like nice pictures. With the small wedding party, to pay that much money is alot? but what can you do???
4) Hair and Make-up. I've gone to the renovaspa website and they are very expensive? Any suggestions?
5) What about room updates?? I havent read anything about anyone gettign upgraded.
6) Flowers. The package comes with a free bouquet for the bride only? Some brides complaint about having too many color in their bouquest. Can I request the color? What about my bridesmaid? Alot of people do outside florist? any recommendation?
These are the only ones I have for now. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any information would be apprecaited.
This is SOOOOOOOOOoo exciting but SOOOOOOOOOOo stressful at the time time!!!!!!! Bitter sweet