#891 Erika LoveJones

Erika LoveJones
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hi Kristie,

I know that a BP coordinator will contact me 60 days prior to my wedding, but what info will I be able to find out then?  I want to order menu's, and create an event pamphlet to give to my guests the day of the wedding.  Will I make most of these decisions 60 days prior? or when I arrive @ the resort? I guess what I'm asking is what is it exactly you go over with your BP wedding coordinator?  What do you go over upon arrival?  Can I change the menu and mix and match?  There are some items I like on the BBQ menu but then there are some I like on The Mexican menu.  Also do you know if cheesecake is available as a wedding cake?  Thanks!

#892 KristieT

KristieT
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Erika LoveJones 

Hi Kristie,

I know that a BP coordinator will contact me 60 days prior to my wedding, but what info will I be able to find out then?  I want to order menu's, and create an event pamphlet to give to my guests the day of the wedding.  Will I make most of these decisions 60 days prior? or when I arrive @ the resort? I guess what I'm asking is what is it exactly you go over with your BP wedding coordinator?  What do you go over upon arrival?  Can I change the menu and mix and match?  There are some items I like on the BBQ menu but then there are some I like on The Mexican menu.  Also do you know if cheesecake is available as a wedding cake?  Thanks!

Hi Erika,

AT the 60 day mark you will choose your menu's and confirm all the times etc to create your pamphlet. Upon arrival we went though my entire contract including the contract with Zuinga (decor) to ensure everything was correct. Yes you can switch things out on the menus but I am not sure about the cheesecake wedding cake. I asked for Red Velvet cupcakes, they didn't seem to be familiar with them so i sent a recipe and they made them for me :)

Good luck with your planning!

#893 Rpc51

Rpc51
    • 106 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Erika LoveJones 

Hi Kristie,

Cheesecake is one of the choices. I'm at moon but I think its the same menu. I'm doing cheese for my groom's cake.

#894 YossiMeyer

YossiMeyer
      • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hi ladies, Can any brides past or present advise how much the iPod dock is to hire for 4 hours? I'm thinking from 6-10 as our ceremony time is 4pm. Also, on the sky terrace are extra lights needed? Are disco lights worth it? If so, what have you picked and why? I'm trying to work out my budgets and keep getting hit with unforeseen expenses! Thanks so much Xx

#895 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

I used the ipod dock for 4 hours with one speaker and it was $210.  Our reception was from 6-10 as well as our ceremony was at 4 and our cocktail was at 5.  Worked perfectly! :)

Originally Posted by YossiMeyer 

Hi ladies,

Can any brides past or present advise how much the iPod dock is to hire for 4 hours? I'm thinking from 6-10 as our ceremony time is 4pm. Also, on the sky terrace are extra lights needed? Are disco lights worth it? If so, what have you picked and why? I'm trying to work out my budgets and keep getting hit with unforeseen expenses!

Thanks so much

Xx

#896 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
        • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

I used the ipod dock for 4 hours with one speaker and it was $210.  Our reception was from 6-10 as well as our ceremony was at 4 and our cocktail was at 5.  Worked perfectly! :)

& you had a friend/family member MC? My dad said he would MC for me because I'm doing the IPOD dock as well. The only things he really has to announce are first dance (only doing first dance with hubby, not doing father/daughter or son/mother dance), garter and bouquet toss, and cake cutting. I think he'll be fine. Just wondering how that went for you...

#897 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Yep we had a family friend be the MC.  We did everything at once so he didn't really have to do much- wedding party entrance, into our first dance, into father daughter into mother son dance.  Then I think we ate and then did toasts and cake.   I didn't do the garter or bouquet toss.  The WC will help coordinate and then you can give him a run down of the order and he'll be fine! It worked out great even though our MC may have been a little drunk cause he misprounced a couple of our friends names even though he's known them for years!! haha.  oh well.

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

& you had a friend/family member MC? My dad said he would MC for me because I'm doing the IPOD dock as well. The only things he really has to announce are first dance (only doing first dance with hubby, not doing father/daughter or son/mother dance), garter and bouquet toss, and cake cutting. I think he'll be fine. Just wondering how that went for you...

#898 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
          • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Yep we had a family friend be the MC.  We did everything at once so he didn't really have to do much- wedding party entrance, into our first dance, into father daughter into mother son dance.  Then I think we ate and then did toasts and cake.   I didn't do the garter or bouquet toss.  The WC will help coordinate and then you can give him a run down of the order and he'll be fine! It worked out great even though our MC may have been a little drunk cause he misprounced a couple of our friends names even though he's known them for years!! haha.  oh well.

Oh good! I'm glad it worked out well. I'm sure my dad will do a good job. Not much work to do, just small announcements here and there. 

#899 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
            • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Did anyone have Suzette as their onsite coordinator? I've been put into touch with her. We have a meeting the morning after I arrive at BP to go over details. She's been kind of slow to respond via email but seems nice and on top of things. I've heard really good things about Mario, so I was hoping I'd get him. But I didn't. Just curious if anyone has Suzette and if she did a good job?

#900 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I had Suzette!! She was super sweet and did a great job! Aside from her showing up an hour and a half late to our meeting (she made up for it by not charging me to set up my decorations and went the extra mile for me) she did a great job and she stayed the entire time.  She will be slow to respond up until your 30 day mark and then she will respond same day! Don't worry everything will be great- you are in good hands! :)

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

Did anyone have Suzette as their onsite coordinator? I've been put into touch with her. We have a meeting the morning after I arrive at BP to go over details. She's been kind of slow to respond via email but seems nice and on top of things. I've heard really good things about Mario, so I was hoping I'd get him. But I didn't. Just curious if anyone has Suzette and if she did a good job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users