Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#71 shan0487

shan0487
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

What?!?! This is news to me!! Who is your contact person?  That is outrageous!

 

Originally Posted by KarlalovesDave 

Ladies,

Quick question... I spoke to my WC this am, and asked about the possibility of bringing decorations to have set up on the tables.  I read that many of you have brought or are planning to bring your own reception decorations/linens.  I was told that if I bring things to decorate that they will charge me a fee of $200 per table to set things up.  Was this a charge you had to deal with or was there a way around it?  Please let me know.  I'm looking to save money where I can, if possible.  

 

Thanks!!!



 



#72 mehganc

mehganc
  • Newbie
  • 38 posts

    Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM


    I was quoted the same thing by Janessa recently.

     

    Of course, I asked her about two months ago when I could confirm my locations (because I knew brides on this site had already done so for dates after my wedding), and she told me that it could not be done until three months prior to my wedding date. She then said she would confirm my locations today (I did not ask again, and it is not three months from my wedding!). My point is, I believe Palace Resorts lack consistency with their procedures/fees, so there is really no way of knowing what you would be charged for set-up until its actually done. I'm still trying to figure out why I wasn't provided with a contract to sign.

     

    Originally Posted by shan0487 

    What?!?! This is news to me!! Who is your contact person?  That is outrageous!

     



     



     



    Originally Posted by KarlalovesDave 

    Ladies,

    Quick question... I spoke to my WC this am, and asked about the possibility of bringing decorations to have set up on the tables.  I read that many of you have brought or are planning to bring your own reception decorations/linens.  I was told that if I bring things to decorate that they will charge me a fee of $200 per table to set things up.  Was this a charge you had to deal with or was there a way around it?  Please let me know.  I'm looking to save money where I can, if possible.  

     

    Thanks!!!



     



    #73 KarlalovesDave

    KarlalovesDave
    • Newbie
    • 16 posts

      Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

      I spoke to Janessa in the miami office.  I asked about taking my own decor and having it set up, and she let me know that it would be $200 per table for them to set it up.  I don't know if anyone else was told the same or if there was a communication issue or if it was something that is not mentioned up front unless asked and will later be on the bill.  
       

      Originally Posted by shan0487 

      What?!?! This is news to me!! Who is your contact person?  That is outrageous!

       



       



       



      #74 shan0487

      shan0487
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

      Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:40 AM


      I will ask Janessa the same thing! I am getting married at Sun palace, but I'm assuming she will tell me the same thing, if she told both of you $200! I will just have someone I know do it for me, or otherwise I may as well just rent their stuff, because $200 is outrageous!  

       

      I did not sign a contract either and I was wondering the same thing- Have they done away with wedding contracts?  My wedding is symbolic, so I figured that was why!
       

      Originally Posted by mehganc 


      I was quoted the same thing by Janessa recently.

       

      Of course, I asked her about two months ago when I could confirm my locations (because I knew brides on this site had already done so for dates after my wedding), and she told me that it could not be done until three months prior to my wedding date. She then said she would confirm my locations today (I did not ask again, and it is not three months from my wedding!). My point is, I believe Palace Resorts lack consistency with their procedures/fees, so there is really no way of knowing what you would be charged for set-up until its actually done. I'm still trying to figure out why I wasn't provided with a contract to sign.

       



       



       



       

      I will ask her as she is my contact for Sun Palace and let you know what she says- I don't understand how they could go from $65 to $200! That is nuts!

       

      Originally Posted by KarlalovesDave 

      I spoke to Janessa in the miami office.  I asked about taking my own decor and having it set up, and she let me know that it would be $200 per table for them to set it up.  I don't know if anyone else was told the same or if there was a communication issue or if it was something that is not mentioned up front unless asked and will later be on the bill.  
       



       



       



      #75 mehganc

      mehganc
      • Newbie
      • 38 posts

        Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

        When asked if I can bring my own decor, I received the response:

         

        "Yes, you can bring your own decor, but the set up is done by the resort and they charge $200 per table." From this, I assume we are not allowed to set it up ourselves. Otherwise, I'd be out there in my bridal gown. I

         

        I was originally having a civil ceremony and was told that the authorization form now replaces the contract. I was just a little skeptical at first because some Moon Palace brides were still signing contracts.

         

        On another note, does anyone know if there is a restaurant at Beach Palace that has an outdoor area? I was told that there is no such thing, but I could have swore I read at one time of a bride reserving such a space for dinner reservations. I've also seen a picture of an outdoor restaurant on the Beach Palace website.

         

        Also, my ceremony is at 5PM. We are having a private cocktail hour and then using our dinner reservations because we only have a party of 23 (I'm being cheap because most of our budget is being used for our guest's travel expenses). I really want to be able to attend our cocktail hour, so I requested for the cocktail hour to begin an hour after our ceremony ends. The wedding planner set our cocktail hour to begin at 6PM. Does anyone have any thoughts on this decision? Should I ask for it to begin at 6:30 instead? I believe our photographer said that pictures after the wedding will take 60-90 minutes, and most of our guests will be involved in pictures. I obviously don't want to pay for an empty cocktail hour.

         

        I sincerely appreciate any advice.

         

        Originally Posted by shan0487 


        I will ask Janessa the same thing! I am getting married at Sun palace, but I'm assuming she will tell me the same thing, if she told both of you $200! I will just have someone I know do it for me, or otherwise I may as well just rent their stuff, because $200 is outrageous!  

         

        I did not sign a contract either and I was wondering the same thing- Have they done away with wedding contracts?  My wedding is symbolic, so I figured that was why!
         



         

        I will ask her as she is my contact for Sun Palace and let you know what she says- I don't understand how they could go from $65 to $200! That is nuts!

         



         



         



        #76 shan0487

        shan0487
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

        Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

        Thanks for your response Mehganc!

         

        Its sounding like they are going to charge $200 to set up decorations now, from what everyone is saying, that really sucks! I will ask her if we can set up the decorations ourselves!

         

        I will double check with Janessa tonight and confirm that ridiculous price and about not signing a wedding contract. 

         

        I would change your cocktail hour to 6:30, just to be safe, esp since you are not having a private reception.  My timline is wedding at 4, cocktails at 5 and reception at 6.

         

        I do not know about the outdoor restaurants, sorry I can not help you on that. 

         

        Originally Posted by mehganc 

        When asked if I can bring my own decor, I received the response:

         

        "Yes, you can bring your own decor, but the set up is done by the resort and they charge $200 per table." From this, I assume we are not allowed to set it up ourselves. Otherwise, I'd be out there in my bridal gown. I

         

        I was originally having a civil ceremony and was told that the authorization form now replaces the contract. I was just a little skeptical at first because some Moon Palace brides were still signing contracts.

         

        On another note, does anyone know if there is a restaurant at Beach Palace that has an outdoor area? I was told that there is no such thing, but I could have swore I read at one time of a bride reserving such a space for dinner reservations. I've also seen a picture of an outdoor restaurant on the Beach Palace website.

         

        Also, my ceremony is at 5PM. We are having a private cocktail hour and then using our dinner reservations because we only have a party of 23 (I'm being cheap because most of our budget is being used for our guest's travel expenses). I really want to be able to attend our cocktail hour, so I requested for the cocktail hour to begin an hour after our ceremony ends. The wedding planner set our cocktail hour to begin at 6PM. Does anyone have any thoughts on this decision? Should I ask for it to begin at 6:30 instead? I believe our photographer said that pictures after the wedding will take 60-90 minutes, and most of our guests will be involved in pictures. I obviously don't want to pay for an empty cocktail hour.

         

        I sincerely appreciate any advice.

         



         



         



        #77 Smoylan

        Smoylan
        • Jr. Member
        • 202 posts

          Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

          Im so glad i stumbled upon your post. I am getting married at the moon palace in June and I was thinking of using my parents BOSE stereo as well. We will prob still do our dances but we dont need an introduction? We will have about 30 guests. We are also haveing a big reception back home with a DJ, and announcements. How did it work out?

           

          Originally Posted by saric83 

          Hey ladies!

           

          We're getting married at Beach Palace on December 3rd with 35 guests, so we'll make sure to get tons of pictures to post on here.  I was totally in the same boat of feeling uncomfortable without being able to find too many pictures or wedding reviews, but so far we've been really happy with the planning process and options, and we can't wait to have the ceremony there! 

           

          Here's what we have booked:

          • No rehearsal (there is a $200 set-up fee to use the area, and I thought it was kind of a waste), but we're doing a welcome cocktail hour with appetizers on the beach on Friday from 4-5pm.  We skipped doing a full dinner since we didn't want it to feel too much like the wedding.  *FYI - there's an additional $6pp charge to use the beach area on top of the regular charge for the cocktail hour.
          • Ceremony at 4:30pm on Saturday on the rooftop sky terrace.  We're going with the Diamond package because I didn't want to worry about decorations, and it included some things that we would paid separately for (photography, a musician for the ceremony, fireworks, cake, and video), so it ended up being worth it overall.  Plus, we applied all of our $1500 resort credit towards it.
          • Private function dinner on South Terrace (pool side on the level right below the ceremony location) from 5:30-8:30pm (ditto on additional charge for using this location versus some of the other spots that are free)
          • Mariachi band for 45 minutes during dinner
          • Upgraded photography session
          • We contemplated getting a sound system to be able to play an iPod for our background dinner music (we don't want dancing), but our parents are just going to bring their Bose docking station, so we'll use that instead.
          • Lounge furniture from the decor company through the resort

           

          I'm sorry for the super long post, but hopefully, this will be somewhat helpful!  :)



           



          #78 hpasko

          hpasko
          • Newbie
          • 1 posts

            Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

            Hey there! 

             

            I'm not married, but I've stayed at the Beach Palace, Cancun Palace, Moon Palace, Vallarta Palace, and the Sun Palace.

             

            The Beach Palace is by FAR by favorite. The Moon is too far away, the Sun is adequate the Cancun has younger people (think 18-year-olds) and the Vallarta is in Puerto Vallarta, which isn't one of your options. 

            I would absolutely go Beach. It has the best food, it looks fantastic on the inside, and the beach is extraordinary. Plus, it's quieter.

             

            Good luck!



            #79 Renewing32

            Renewing32
            • Jr. Member
            • 161 posts

              Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

              My husband an I are going to renew our vows here next year. We haven't decided on a date yet but does anyone have information on the prices for extras or add-ons? We would like to make use of the complimentary package and just add on what extra we want instead of paying for things we don't want and its hard to plan on a budget without this information.


              Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

              #80 JenniBassler

              JenniBassler
              • Newbie
              • 48 posts

                Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

                Would you please email me the price list too?! jennibassler@gmail.com I am in the very early stages of planning. I haven't even set a date yet, but looking at April of 2013. Just trying to get a feel for everything! Thanks in advance! I am feeling so overwhelmed!






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users