Originally Posted by Nicolew412
Oh how exciting! I'm so glad you had an amazing time! I can't wait to see your pictures.
Here's some questions I have...
1) I've heard the same thing about the sun being blocked by the hotel. My wedding isn't till July, and my ceremony is at 6:00 p.m. Sun doesn't go gown till 7:30 p.m. in July, so I'm hoping this gives us enough sunlight and time to get good pictures. What do you think? I didn't want to do an earlier ceremony time because of heat. Was your dress heavy? Were you burning hot? I'm scared I'm going to be sweating up a storm lol!
2) Did you do a colin cowie package theme? I'm doing Pearl Shimmer.
3) I'm glad to hear the food was good! I went to an all-inclusive resort (Dreams Resort) in Cancun about 5 years ago, and the food was not very good. I'm hoping since the Beach Palace is a 5 star hotel that the food will be better. And from your review it looks as though it is! Exciting!
4) Did you use Ocean Photo Studio for your photography? If so, which package did you choose?
5) I'm glad to hear the sky terrace didn't need much extra lighting. What other decor did you use through Zuniga?
6) I was debating a beach ceremony. Was it private enough, or were people walking by?
7) I'm glad the IPOD setup worked out well. We're doing an IPOD setup with an extra speaker for cocktail and reception. You didn't have a DJ right? I don't think it's worth it to hire the DJ. Did someone in your family do the announcements?
8) Did you have a 2 tier cake? Was the whole thing cheesecake? I'm doing a marble cake with the chantilly cover, but if it's 2 tier I'm wondering if they can do one tier with cheesecake. From what you said the cheesecake is awesome! It's making me want to choose that one! lol
9) Did you get a massage in the spa? I just reserved a holistic couple's massage for my fiance and I the morning after the wedding. I'm excited for that!
10) Did you go on the Cancun strip at all? I have good memories of partying at some of the clubs and bars on the strip. I just want to make sure Beach Palace is close to all of that?
Congratulations again on everything! Please post a link to pictures or your facebook so we can see pictures from your trip! So glad everything turned out perfect!
1. Our wedding was at 5:30, sun set after 7. We were rushed for pictures. Even though sun was not all the way set it was blocked by the hotel. So I would say earlier would be better, however, it will probably be very hot. While we were there it was 85 degrees everyday which is not that hot but felt warmer than that to me. I think because the sun is different there. I know July is hotter so that's a tough call!! I was not hot at all in my dress, it was windy on my wedding day.
2. I did complimentary package and added sheers to ceremony structure and sheers to chairs and shepards hooks down aisle with flowers and it was perfect. And I saved money.
3. Some food was just ok. Some was really good. I have been to all inclusives and so had my husband and we both thought it was the best we had compared to others.
4. I did not use ocean photo. I really wanted to choose my own. We had M and J Photography and they were great!! They were very helpful, I was able to email them random questions I had regarding weather, etc. They also put us in contact with someone who we ended up hiring to drive us and our group around for the day. We did an underwater TTD in a cenote with them also. I have only seen 7 preview pics, they went on vacation and I am awaiting their return to see more. But so far they are amazing!! You can check them out on their facebook page.
5. I only used the things mentioned above for ceremony, I had them move the chair sheers to the reception and I rented tablecloths. I brought my own centerpieces and some little stuff to set on the sweetheart table. I think the place is so gorgeous it needs very little.
6. I fell like it was private enough. I did not notice if people were walking by. There were people watching from the resort. They stayed clear but it was fun, they cheered with my guests and were all saying congrats and how beautiful I looked. It did not bother me at all. They try to detour people from walking by. We actually got photo bombed in one wedding pic which is hilarious!!
7. No DJ and I did not have an extra speaker and it was plenty loud.
8. One tier cake. So much went to waste I felt so bad!! Cheesecake was very good but I hear the tres leches is good too!
9. We also got the holistic massage. It was good! We got it in the middle of the day which I regret because we were at the pool, drinking and having a good time with our friends, then had to leave to get the massage and all we wanted to do was stay at the pool and continue our good time. So early morning is better then you don't feel like your missing out. The morning after our wedding we had to get up extremely early to do the cenote photos.
10. We did not go to the strip. I have two children who are 14 and 11 and they were there with us. I could have left them with my parents but I just did not feel like it and I did not want to separate from them and something happen. I imagine if I did not have them with me we probably would have left. But honestly time went so fast and we had so much fun with our group I never felt the need to leave. Even when nobody was in the bar at the resort we had our group and that was all we really needed. I hear Coco Bongo club is fun. Everything I heard was very close but do not know for sure.
Thank you!! I cannot post pics I do not have an account that allows me to do that. https://www.facebook...ken?ref=tn_tnmn This is my facebook link.