Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#761 nursebrooke

nursebrooke
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

Oh how exciting! I'm so glad you had an amazing time! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Here's some questions I have...

1) I've heard the same thing about the sun being blocked by the hotel. My wedding isn't till July, and my ceremony is at 6:00 p.m. Sun doesn't go gown till 7:30 p.m. in July, so I'm hoping this gives us enough sunlight and time to get good pictures. What do you think? I didn't want to do an earlier ceremony time because of heat. Was your dress heavy? Were you burning hot? I'm scared I'm going to be sweating up a storm lol!

2) Did you do a colin cowie package theme? I'm doing Pearl Shimmer.

3) I'm glad to hear the food was good! I went to an all-inclusive resort (Dreams Resort) in Cancun about 5 years ago, and the food was not very good. I'm hoping since the Beach Palace is a 5 star hotel that the food will be better. And from your review it looks as though it is! Exciting!

4) Did you use Ocean Photo Studio for your photography? If so, which package did you choose?

5) I'm glad to hear the sky terrace didn't need much extra lighting. What other decor did you use through Zuniga?

6) I was debating a beach ceremony. Was it private enough, or were people walking by?

7) I'm glad the IPOD setup worked out well. We're doing an IPOD setup with an extra speaker for cocktail and reception. You didn't have a DJ right? I don't think it's worth it to hire the DJ. Did someone in your family do the announcements?

8) Did you have a 2 tier cake? Was the whole thing cheesecake? I'm doing a marble cake with the chantilly cover, but if it's 2 tier I'm wondering if they can do one tier with cheesecake. From what you said the cheesecake is awesome! It's making me want to choose that one! lol

9) Did you get a massage in the spa? I just reserved a holistic couple's massage for my fiance and I the morning after the wedding. I'm excited for that!

10) Did you go on the Cancun strip at all? I have good memories of partying at some of the clubs and bars on the strip. I just want to make sure Beach Palace is close to all of that?

Congratulations again on everything! Please post a link to pictures or your facebook so we can see pictures from your trip! So glad everything turned out perfect!

- Nicole

1. Our wedding was at 5:30, sun set after 7. We were rushed for pictures. Even though sun was not all the way set it was blocked by the hotel. So I would say earlier would be better, however, it will probably be very hot. While we were there it was 85 degrees everyday which is not that hot but felt warmer than that to me. I think because the sun is different there. I know July is hotter so that's a tough call!! I was not hot at all in my dress, it was windy on my wedding day.

2. I did complimentary package and added sheers to ceremony structure and sheers to chairs and shepards hooks down aisle with flowers and it was perfect. And I saved money.

3. Some food was just ok. Some was really good. I have been to all inclusives and so had my husband and we both thought it was the best we had compared to others.

4. I did not use ocean photo. I really wanted to choose my own. We had M and J Photography and they were great!! They were very helpful, I was able to email them random questions I had regarding weather, etc. They also put us in contact with someone who we ended up hiring to drive us and our group around for the day. We did an underwater TTD in a cenote with them also. I have only seen 7 preview pics, they went on vacation and I am awaiting their return to see more. But so far they are amazing!! You can check them out on their facebook page.

5. I only used the things mentioned above for ceremony, I had them move the chair sheers to the reception and I rented tablecloths. I brought my own centerpieces and some little stuff to set on the sweetheart table. I think the place is so gorgeous it needs very little.

6. I fell like it was private enough. I did not notice if people were walking by. There were people watching from the resort. They stayed clear but it was fun, they cheered with my guests and were all saying congrats and how beautiful I looked. It did not bother me at all. They try to detour people from walking by. We actually got photo bombed in one wedding pic which is hilarious!!

7. No DJ and I did not have an extra speaker and it was plenty loud.

8. One tier cake. So much went to waste I felt so bad!! Cheesecake was very good but I hear the tres leches is good too!

9. We also got the holistic massage. It was good! We got it in the middle of the day which I regret because we were at the pool, drinking and having a good time with our friends, then had to leave to get the massage and all we wanted to do was stay at the pool and continue our good time. So early morning is better then you don't feel like your missing out. The morning after our wedding we had to get up extremely early to do the cenote photos.

10. We did not go to the strip. I have two children who are 14 and 11 and they were there with us. I could have left them with my parents but I just did not feel like it and I did not want to separate from them and something happen. I imagine if I did not have them with me we probably would have left. But honestly time went so fast and we had so much fun with our group I never felt the need to leave. Even when nobody was in the bar at the resort we had our group and that was all we really needed. I hear Coco Bongo club is fun. Everything I heard was very close but do not know for sure.

Thank you!! I cannot post pics I do not have an account that allows me to do that. https://www.facebook...ken?ref=tn_tnmn This is my facebook link.

Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3

#762 nursebrooke

nursebrooke
    • 95 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

Two more things! haha

11) Did you bring wedding favors for your guests? If so, what kind of favors did you do? I want the hotel staff to put all the favors in my guests rooms as they arrive. Do you think that's a possibility?

12) Did you carry your dress on the plane? How'd that go?

I did not bring favors. I brought OOT bags and I did not even get them to all my guests. I kept carrying them around and missing people so I finally just stopped worrying about it! I have no idea if the front desk will do that. But it would be way easier.

I carried my dress on the plane and it went well. My dress is very small though I was able to put it in a small carry on with my two childrens bridesmaid dresses and some shoes.

Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3

#763 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
      • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by nursebrooke 

I did not bring favors. I brought OOT bags and I did not even get them to all my guests. I kept carrying them around and missing people so I finally just stopped worrying about it! I have no idea if the front desk will do that. But it would be way easier.

I carried my dress on the plane and it went well. My dress is very small though I was able to put it in a small carry on with my two childrens bridesmaid dresses and some shoes.

Thank you for all the information! I checked out the pictures on M&J photography- beautiful! It looks as though you had an amazing trip. Thanks again for answering all my questions- so helpful. Congrats again!

- Nicole

#764 mandir30

mandir30
        • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hi ladies,

We just got back last week from having our wedding at the Beach Palace at the end of April. I have no idea if I am posting in the right spot, but I wanted to post a few pictures of my wedding ceremony and reception  to give upcoming brides an idea of what I used. I think you can just see them on my profile.

I did the ceremony on the Sky terrace, cocktail hour and reception were on the other sky bar area. We used the Pearl Shimmer package and added a few decorations through Gama? (whoever the resort suggested for decor). We used J&S for music and just did the ipod dock with speakers. We loved everything about it and wouldnt have changed anything! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I know I had a ton the whole time I was planning!

#765 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
          • 148 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by mandir30 

Hi ladies,

We just got back last week from having our wedding at the Beach Palace at the end of April. I have no idea if I am posting in the right spot, but I wanted to post a few pictures of my wedding ceremony and reception  to give upcoming brides an idea of what I used. I think you can just see them on my profile.

I did the ceremony on the Sky terrace, cocktail hour and reception were on the other sky bar area. We used the Pearl Shimmer package and added a few decorations through Gama? (whoever the resort suggested for decor). We used J&S for music and just did the ipod dock with speakers. We loved everything about it and wouldnt have changed anything! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I know I had a ton the whole time I was planning!

OMG, your pictures are GORGEOUS! Your photographer was amazing. Who did you use? We're sticking with the resort photographer- Ocean Photo Studio because they're the most affordable, but they're def not as good as your photographer.

How many guests did you have? It looks like quite a few! How great!

What favors did you do? OOT or wedding favors?

I'm also doing the Pearl Shimmer package. I love it even more after seeing your pictures. We aren't doing the reception table decor the package comes with though, because it was $300.00 per table, so we decided to do something similar through Zuniga, that's a bit less money. But the reception looked gorgeous!!

What time was your ceremony? Right now, my ceremony is set for 6:00 p.m. on July 12th. Sunset isn't until 7:30 p.m. so I thought this would give us enough time for pretty sunset pictures, but now I'm hearing the hotel completely blocks the sun, so the sunset pics aren't even possible. I'm thinking I should move my ceremony time up. What do you think?

Congratulations! I'd love to see more pics. Does your photographer have a website?

- Nicole

#766 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hello Beach Palace Ladies,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

I know several of you had questions on the ceremony locations and decor, check out this Nautical Theme Wedding Story at the Sky Terrace:

For more pictures and inspiration, check out the complete story here: http://delsolphotogr...nation-wedding/

Best Wishes and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

#767 YossiMeyer

YossiMeyer
              • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi ladies, Can any past or future brides advise me regarding bringing guests in for your wedding who aren't staying in the hotel? I have read somewhere it's $190 per person, has anyone else heard this and is it an accurate price? I was also told that 75% of your wedding guests must stay in the hotel. Has anyone heard this? And do guests at palace sister hotels count towards your 75%? Lastly I have had my contract through but they are refusing to put the roof top venue in it incase of inclement weather. My wedding is may 2014. I read on here that they have put the roof top venue on the contracts in the past. Is this a new thing, or should I insist it goes on before signing? Thanks in advance Xx

#768 Brandi Robinson

Brandi Robinson
                • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

YossiMeyer,

As far as I know a day pass for guests not staying at the hotel is around $95 per person. I also heard that 75% of the guests have to stay at the wedding, but you could ask them if they could make an exception for that if you need to. For the contract, I don't think they have recently allowed anyone to include the roof top terrace on the contract. My wedding is this November and they wouldn't let me put it on there, but they assured me that they only book one wedding at a time or have certain time slots for weddings so there shouldn't be a problem. I made sure they made a note that I wanted the roof top terrace and sky terrace for my reception. I hope this helps! Planning can be stressful in the beginning, but it all seems to work out great for everyone. 

#769 shmanderz

shmanderz
                  • 108 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 10, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Cancun
                  • LocationAirdrie, Alberta

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Eeeeep my travel agent just informed me 22 of my guests have booked with her as of today!  So exciting! It officially feels very real now that I actually have guests. No point to this post other than to share my excitement with others who understand! haha.

Congrats to all who just had their weddings, the photos look amazing!!

#770 YossiMeyer

YossiMeyer
                  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Thanks Brandi - some of my party are looking at hiring a condo to keep costs down but I have advised them not to until/if I reach enough bookings to get them all a pass. It was in the contract after all (doh!), but that has a ratio of 80/20 guest/non-guest. I will try to keep the stress down to a minimum but I have so many questions floating around my little head! Ha. Wow shmanderz that's fantastic - I'm excited for you! This time next year I'll be out there. Can't bloomin' wait Xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users