Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#731 JenniBassler

JenniBassler
  • Newbie
  • 48 posts

    Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

    No one mentioned anything about that to me! Our reception started at about 7:30 and honestly I don't know if the cake was setting out there or not yet. I really don't remember seeing it. After we ate and our MOH & Best Man did their toasts then Mario told me it was time to cut the cake, so we did that and they started serving it. It worked out just fine!! I would say just do it! Even if it's not setting out the whole time - everyone still saw it. Granted it wasn't THAT hot for our wedding, when is your date?



    #732 Rpc51

    Rpc51
    • Newbie
    • 106 posts

      Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

      Originally Posted by JenniBassler 

      No one mentioned anything about that to me! Our reception started at about 7:30 and honestly I don't know if the cake was setting out there or not yet. I really don't remember seeing it. After we ate and our MOH & Best Man did their toasts then Mario told me it was time to cut the cake, so we did that and they started serving it. It worked out just fine!! I would say just do it! Even if it's not setting out the whole time - everyone still saw it. Granted it wasn't THAT hot for our wedding, when is your date?

      My wedding is August 31st. I'm torn now on whether I should just switch back to tres leche or leave it as chocolate. I have heard that the tres leche is really really good:/ Thanks so much for your help.



      #733 cbakeraz

      cbakeraz
      • Newbie
      • 1 posts

        Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

        Anyone interested in sharing their wedding stories for a blog? Contact me at admin@craigsbaker.com.



        #734 Chacie B

        Chacie B
        • Newbie
        • 95 posts

          Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

          What's the deal with the tres leche? It melts? My wedding is at night too.



          #735 Chacie B

          Chacie B
          • Newbie
          • 95 posts

            Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

            Okay ladies, I’m just shy of 3 months (Aug. 10)!!! Here is where I stand:

             

            -          Mildly freaking out in general J

             

            -          Gave our guests June 1 deadline for booking

             

            -          Primarily corresponding with Kalena (Margarita did email me a few times but she’s very non responsive, Kalena on the other hand has been awesome)

             

            -          Went with pure collection, JSAV for DJ+MC, photo upgrade to deluxe, Tania for hair/makeup and Zuiga for some additional lighting

             

            -          Ceremony is on the beach at 6 PM, reception near the pool from 6:30 – 10:30 PM

             

            -          Have my dress, need to get it altered. Shoes, may go barefoot for the ceremony (what do you guys think?) and heels for the reception

             

            -          I may do OOT bags + wedding favors in one. What do you think and what to include???

             

            -          I heard a couple girls did signature cocktails. That’s a great idea if BP will do it for free.

             

            -          What happens when you’re 3 months out? Who calls me next to finalize things?

             

            -          Welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner, haven’t thought about this. Does your on-site person help to plan?

             

            -          Oh yea, did I mention I’m freaking out and feel as if I’m forgetting things left/right?



            #736 KristieT

            KristieT
            • Jr. Member
            • 430 posts

              Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

              Originally Posted by Chacie B 

              Okay ladies, I’m just shy of 3 months (Aug. 10)!!! Here is where I stand:

               

              -          Mildly freaking out in general J

               

              -          Gave our guests June 1 deadline for booking

               

              -          Primarily corresponding with Kalena (Margarita did email me a few times but she’s very non responsive, Kalena on the other hand has been awesome)

               

              -          Went with pure collection, JSAV for DJ+MC, photo upgrade to deluxe, Tania for hair/makeup and Zuiga for some additional lighting

               

              -          Ceremony is on the beach at 6 PM, reception near the pool from 6:30 – 10:30 PM

               

              -          Have my dress, need to get it altered. Shoes, may go barefoot for the ceremony (what do you guys think?) and heels for the reception

               

              -          I may do OOT bags + wedding favors in one. What do you think and what to include???

               

              -          I heard a couple girls did signature cocktails. That’s a great idea if BP will do it for free.

               

              -          What happens when you’re 3 months out? Who calls me next to finalize things?

               

              -          Welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner, haven’t thought about this. Does your on-site person help to plan?

               

              -          Oh yea, did I mention I’m freaking out and feel as if I’m forgetting things left/right?

              Try not to freak out! you have lots of time still!

              At 3 months out, your wedding planner should contact you (is that Kalena?) Mine was Margarita, she was amaizng!

              Once you are two weeks out, you will be put in touch with your onsite wedding coordinator.

              As for the signature drinks, they are doing it for me no problem (Free!)

               

              Good luck with your planning! Try to enjoy it:)



              #737 Chacie B

              Chacie B
              • Newbie
              • 95 posts

                Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

                Thanks girl! Margarita is also my WP but I never hear from her, its always Kalena. I did read that Margarita is or was on medical leave though. I just looked at your date, its right around the corner :)! Looking forward to hearing how everything went! 

                 

                What are you doing for a signature drink and when, reception? What are the details for your wedding (time, menu items, package, etc)?



                #738 Nicolew412

                Nicolew412
                • Newbie
                • 148 posts

                  Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

                  Originally Posted by Chacie B 

                  What's the deal with the tres leche? It melts? My wedding is at night too.


                  What is tres leches? I've never even heard of it. It's a Mexican milk cake, right? I've heard good things about it too. But I decided to go with them marble cake because it's a mix of vanilla and chocolate, so it will appeal to everyone.



                  #739 Chacie B

                  Chacie B
                  • Newbie
                  • 95 posts

                    Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

                    Yea, I think its milk cake Nicole. I requested a 2 tier cake; one tier chocolate, the other vanilla. Figured I'd keep it simple. Apparently there are other desserts too?



                    #740 KristieT

                    KristieT
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 430 posts

                      Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

                      Originally Posted by Chacie B 

                      Thanks girl! Margarita is also my WP but I never hear from her, its always Kalena. I did read that Margarita is or was on medical leave though. I just looked at your date, its right around the corner :)! Looking forward to hearing how everything went! 

                       

                      What are you doing for a signature drink and when, reception? What are the details for your wedding (time, menu items, package, etc)?

                      Hi Chacie,

                       

                      Margarita was on medical leave but she is back! Phew!

                       

                      We are doing a Vodka lemonade with Grenadine for our signature drink, I called it "Lemon Bliss" not creative i know. lol We are having it our cocktail hour and reception.

                       

                      Yes I leave on Saturday! So excited!!!

                       

                      Here is a snapshot of my details: thought this might be easier then typing it all out.. Hopfully this is legible

                       

                       

                       

                       

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users