Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#641 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by brebon21 

We are using DJ Mannia. $950 for 4 hours!

Is he through JSAV? They quoted me that amount for 2 hours :-(

I didn't realize we could use other companies besides JSAV, without paying that vendor fee.

#642 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm wondering if anyone planned a site visit to Beach Palace. I sent them a message through their website but they never got back to me. Is there a better way to get a hold of them to book that? 

event.png

#643 jenpangi

jenpangi
    • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beach Palace on May 9, 2014 and I'm currently working on setting up a room block for my wedding group.  I've been working with Liberty Travel and they said that I need to pay a $5,000 deposit and can only pay by check in order to reserve the rooms.  I asked why I couldn't pay with a credit card since that's what I used to pay for our wedding deposit.  

Does anyone have any advice in regards to the room blocks?  Did you use a travel agent or did you set up your room block directly with the resort?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#644 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi Jen,

You might want to try one of the 

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beach Palace on May 9, 2014 and I'm currently working on setting up a room block for my wedding group.  I've been working with Liberty Travel and they said that I need to pay a $5,000 deposit and can only pay by check in order to reserve the rooms.  I asked why I couldn't pay with a credit card since that's what I used to pay for our wedding deposit.  

Does anyone have any advice in regards to the room blocks?  Did you use a travel agent or did you set up your room block directly with the resort?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#645 KristieT

KristieT
      • 430 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by TinkerSofi 

I'm wondering if anyone planned a site visit to Beach Palace. I sent them a message through their website but they never got back to me. Is there a better way to get a hold of them to book that? 

Hi TinkerSofi,

I did!  Try these two ladies: They helped me book mine

Angie Mononnott <amononnott@palaceresorts.com>

#646 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
        • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by KristieT 

Hi TinkerSofi,

I did!  Try these two ladies: They helped me book mine

Angie Mononnott <amononnott@palaceresorts.com>

Clarissa Arzola is gone FYI. So Angie may be your better bet.

-Nicole

#647 sthelen517

sthelen517
          • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by jenpangi 

Hi Jen

I used a travel agent and was able to pay everything by credit card. Contract required $50 per person deposit that gets credited back towards your room cost as folks book. 

#648 sthelen517

sthelen517
            • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by brebon21 

We are using DJ Mannia. $950 for 4 hours!

I was just going to pack a duffle bag with welcome back items and decorations. That way we can just roll up duffle and toss in our suitcase for the way home. I think it will honestly be cheaper to pay for a bag than shipping to Cancun - I would also worry it wouldn't be there when we arrived.

#649 sthelen517

sthelen517
              • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by sthelen517 

I was just going to pack a duffle bag with welcome back items and decorations. That way we can just roll up duffle and toss in our suitcase for the way home. I think it will honestly be cheaper to pay for a bag than shipping to Cancun - I would also worry it wouldn't be there when we arrived.

"welcome bag items" not back haha

#650 JenniBassler

JenniBassler
                • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users