Originally Posted by Chacie B
Hi Ladies/Fellow BP Brides,
Couple questions below:
- I received an email four days ago from Margarita about my wedding but Iâ€™m still 5 months out (wedding is 8/10/2013) so I was surprised to receive an email already. Iâ€™m not sure if sheâ€™s the wedding planner or coordinator. Has anyone worked with her? Previously, Iâ€™ve been working with Kalena on the room block, ceremony/reception site, wedding date, etc.
- My wedding is at 6 PM. Does anyone have any recommendations on what time to make my hair and makeup appointment? I was thinking around 3:30 or 4. Also, if anyone has the contact info for the lady at MAC can you please send it to me?
- I keep seeing this acronym, what are OOT bags? Iâ€™m sure Iâ€™ll feel completely stupid once someone tells me and think to myself â€˜duh!â€™.
- Is anyone doing anything cute or have good ideas for the wedding programs?
- I have been working with Margarita as well. She is your wedding planner (not coordinator). You will tell her what cocktail hour menu, buffet dinner menu, and honeymoon breakfast menu you want. She will also give you all the info for music, DJ, pictures, etc...information. Then you contact the vendor directly to set that up. She also handles your guest booking confirmations...so she should know how many room nights you are at. She is great...quick to respond!
- My wedding is at 6 p.m. too. I think 3:30 p.m. should give ample time for makeup and hair. I would give about an hour for each and maybe a little additional time for pictures beforehand. Norma from MAC seems great, however I decided to go with a makeup artist in Cancun named Tania Tagle. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/
- OOT bags are out of town or "welcome" bags. You bring them with you to Cancun, and the hotel staff will put them in all of your guests rooms upon their arrival. As an out of town bag you could have sun tan lotion, flip flops...etc..things like that. OR like one of my friends did at her destination wedding you could have cute little beach themed picture frames, chapstick, candles, etc...with you and your soon-to-be's names or initials on them. You could also have a wedding program type thing in this bag letting people know what time the ceremony is at, which location in the hotel, time of cocktail hour, reception, locations...etc...
Hope that helps!