Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

Your wedding was beautiful!! Thanks so much for all the information! I have been really worried about the Marvin situation. My wedding it 4/26/13 at BP and I haven't contacted him at all, but the sneakiness of using him without the vendor fee had me a little worried so I am glad to know that it was no issue. Definitely will be going down that road. Great to know! Thanks. I doing the complimentary package and using that bouquet for myself (yours looked great)! The lanterns that are lining the aisle for your ceremony, did you bring those with you or rent them from BP? If you rented, do you mind telling me how much extra you had to pay for that? I am torn about the aisle looking a little plain but didn't really want to spend much decorating it for such a short time. I would rather spend that money at the reception :).

Thanks! we set up a time with Marvin and confirmed once we got to the resort by emailing him our room # in case. He was in the front foyer (not in the lobby) and it wasn't a problem what so ever! He isn't setting anything up so it wasnt going to be an outside vendor fee. He just dropped the flowers off!

About the lanterns, we had no idea they were going to be there! I guess thats what is included in the complimetary package.  We were very happy with the complimentary package. The background is so beautiful that everyone forgets what the actual ceremony set up looks like. The ocean in the background and the lagoon view on the other side is breathtaking. We wanted to spend our money on other things such as a DJ, constellation lights, etc.

Our wedding ceremony was about 15 minutes. It was super short. We had a fake signing because we legally got married before in Vancouver, Canada. We didn't want to have to draw blood, have a few witnessess and pay more than we had too. Our priest or whatever they are called, was excellent. He stood away from us so he wasn;t in any of our pictures. Most marriage commissioners stand behind the bride and groom- so that was great!

My advice,

Do the complimentary package- it's beautiful!

Spend your money at the reception instead, but not a lot!! save it for another honeymoon down the road :) thats what we are doing.

Have fun!

I wasn't stressed out at all, minus how my hair would turn out.

Beach Palace is fabulous!! Any other questions, I would be happy to answer! I have the wedding blues now...back to reality!!!!

JKWEDDING- Did you pay anything for the ceremony set up at all? I was told the arch/drapery and chandelier are not apart of the Colin Cowie complimentary package and I would have to pay to rent them. Seems like they change their answer on everything just about everytime I inquire.

I love love love how yours is set up and want the exact same!

We had a guitar player for everyone else walking in, and then we provided a CD for the song for me to walk into and then the song for us to walk back down to.  The person on the cd-player hit the button a little too early when my parents walked down, but they re-started it before I got up there. :) 

For some reason our web cam link is still working, so if you're interested, you can check it out with the sound.  FYI - There's a lot of waiting around in the beginning, and I don't think it gets going until the 10 minute mark or so.  Around the 13-minute mark is when you can hear the cd playing and then again at 28-minutes. http://vimeo.com/33929239

Hope it's helpful!

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

JKWEDDING- Did you pay anything for the ceremony set up at all? I was told the arch/drapery and chandelier are not apart of the Colin Cowie complimentary package and I would have to pay to rent them. Seems like they change their answer on everything just about everytime I inquire.

I love love love how yours is set up and want the exact same!

Hi Kristie,

No we didn't! We didn't even know we were going to have a chandelier. We asked for the white arched drapery and we weren't charged extra. We had no clue about the lanterns on the aisle either!!! I would use one of my pictures of it and send it to your coordinator and state that I didn't pay extra for this!!! Not sure if you got the link to our photos jamesandkalie.mattkennedy.ca. Once we were 3 weeks prior to our wedding date, we got a new onsite wedding coordinator. If you have rebecca- she is fantastic! She will be able to help you with what you want!

Yes- they changed their answers all the time as well but closer to the date, it got better.

Originally Posted by JKWedding2012 View Post

Hi Kristie,

No we didn't! We didn't even know we were going to have a chandelier. We asked for the white arched drapery and we weren't charged extra. We had no clue about the lanterns on the aisle either!!! I would use one of my pictures of it and send it to your coordinator and state that I didn't pay extra for this!!! Not sure if you got the link to our photos jamesandkalie.mattkennedy.ca. Once we were 3 weeks prior to our wedding date, we got a new onsite wedding coordinator. If you have rebecca- she is fantastic! She will be able to help you with what you want!

Yes- they changed their answers all the time as well but closer to the date, it got better.

Oh well that is good to hear! i will be using a photo of your for reference. THanks for all your help! Appreciate it a lot!

Originally Posted by JKWedding2012 View Post

Hi Kristie,

Hi girls,

I am choosing complimentary package and was thinking I needed to add some decorations from Zuniga. I mainly did not want a plain wood ceremony structure with no drapery. Good to hear it is included!! Thanks! Also I see you got married on the sky terrace. Were you happy with this decision? Did you consider the beach? I was dead set on the beach, I felt like I am going to Cancun to get married I am getting married with my feet in the sand...but then I read how great the sky terrace is and I see pics and I am second guessing. Any opinions??

Hey guys,

So I was just curious if you've been hearing any complaints from guests you invited to the wedding about how expensive Beach Palace is? I got a great deal on Travelocity.com for my fiance and I- $3,600.00 for 8 days, 7 nights, room upgrade to Ocean View and nonstop flights to Cancun from San Francisco International Airport there and back. I booked Black Friday weekend so they had really good deals.

Only problem, is normally for two people to book at Beach Palace (before room upgrades) with nonstop flights it's close to $4,000. I've had people complain and ask why I didn't just stay at one of the cheaper hotels in Cancun. They thing the prices and ridiculous :-( I've been encouraging all my guests to book at Beach Palace because I really want the wedding benefits (free reception, cocktail hour, etc...). I'm just feeling stressed.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

It's costing my parents $1706 to stay at BP, and $900 for the plane tickets (flying out of Boston).  They are staying for 4 nights.  Grand total: $2606.   Maybe they should shorten their stay to keep cost down.  I've been getting complaints from a few people (non-travelers, and cheap skates), but I could care less.  It's all about me and my future hubby, if u can't make it oh well enjoy the webcam lol.  Don't stress yourself!  I was stressed when people kept asking "Why don't u just have it in Boston?"  Like dude, our families are big as hell, and I can't afford a 100+ wedding-Adios.  I feel ur pain...I also hope that I make the 30 mark so that I can have all of the benefits...we'll see.  Best of luck- screw everyone else as long as u and ur hubby are there nothing else matters.

Thank you Erika! You're so right. People are wanting to stay 7 or 8 days and I'm thinking well if you want to stay that long it's going to cost you! I went to a destination wedding 4 years ago in Cancun, and we only stayed 5 days, because that's all we could afford. I'm hoping people realize that!

Thank you for your response! Made me feel better. I will try not to stress for now. What happens, happens. I'm sure everything will work out in the end. And you're right, all that matters is my future hubby and I.

Thanks,

Nicole