@Danielle1 - sounds like a good plan! Yeah - I know when we first talked about doing it a lot of people said they wouldn't miss it......and then ended up not being able to make it for one reason or another! 75 is a lot though, especially so far in advance! You should have a great time!!
Beach Palace Cancun Brides
Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:17 PM
Edited by FutureMrsGarcia, 27 July 2015 - 02:18 PM.
- pjay likes this
Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:44 AM
@FutureMrsGarcia - so true about the partying all night thing! Our reception was from 6 to 10pm on the Palenque, and they abruptly turned off our music at 10pm (although thankfully it was the last song anyway). We made an announcement on the mic that an after party would be held at the Sky Bar and that everyone should change into their bathing suits to swim! IT. WAS. AWESOME. Such a fun after party.
Edited by stephygirl, 28 July 2015 - 11:44 AM.
- FutureMrsGarcia likes this
Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:18 PM
Edited by FutureMrsGarcia, 28 July 2015 - 12:19 PM.
Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:45 PM
@Danielle1 - I think they technically serve drinks there from 9am to 1am. I think the latest our group stayed out was 1am so I didn't noticed them closing anything on us. Although the servers did leave around midnight so you'd have to go to the bar to get your own drink. Also one night they were cleaning the pool and kicked us out of the pool around 10pm. They don't do that if there's a big group there though!
Yes, only one side open to the public - you can definitely go over to the other side any time you want!
@FutureMrsGarcia - Haha sounds like you have a fun crowd going with you! By 1am my whole group was exhausted! People will definitely try to get you in the pool. They tried to get me to come in but I wanted to wear my dress, and not only did I think chlorine might ruin it, but I was also worried about how long it would take to dry (and I was heading back to the states in 2 days). I just hung out by the edge of the pool - I could have put my swimsuit on but I wanted to wear my dress as long as possible . I still had such a blast there though! Honestly the pool at the sky bar is so much fun. Our whole group went and partied there both the rehearsal dinner night and the wedding reception night!
Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:00 AM
Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:02 AM
I'm getting married at Moon Palace on 26th April and was hoping some of you may be able help with a few questions I have.
1. I really want to have a Charicaturist as the reception entertainment. Does anyone know of anyone or a company who could provide one? I've contacted TEMPO, not sure if they can help but would love at least 2 options so I can choose.
2. Do you know where I can get sparklers from or who could provide this in Cancun? I would prefer they were provided so I don't have to search for them when I get there.
3. I'm just finalising my hair and makeup and wanted to know how far before your ceremony you plan to be ready? I want time for photos with the bridesmaids and some of me getting into my dress etc. My ceremony is at 3pm.
4. Finally, I have booked the ceremony for 3pm in the Catholic chapel which has air con. Do u think 3pm will be too hot? Our photographer suggested a 5pm start due to the heat but that feels too late for me. We have a little girl and I want her to be able to enjoy our day. Plus I feel like I want to make the most of the wedding day itself. Our reception is in a ballroom so the only outdoor part is the cocktail hour so we can take pics.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:12 AM
@laurag85 - congrats that's so exciting and coming up so soon! Your WC should be sending you a purchase order listing all the costs for the various items you booked. My biggest piece of advice is DETAIL REVIEW the heck out of that purchase order. Make sure you look at times and locations on each sheet as well (my original WC booked all times and locations incorrectly). Also as a tip your fiance and best man don't need to do any of the set up if they don't want to - you can tell your WC exactly how you want things set up and he/she will have their team do it for you!
@SunshineDreamKay - congrats and hope you're enjoying the planning process! I tried to answer what I could below:
1. Maybe reach out to your WC and ask for options? They should know the local business and/or be able to find a couple of options for you.
2. Possibly the shops at Mercado 23? Again, probably ask your WC. Would you be using these during pictures at the cocktail hour? I don't think they'll let you use sparklers inside the ballroom.
3. Are you doing your hair & makeup yourself or getting it done? I had my hair done and it took about 1.5 hours. I did makeup myself, which took a half hour. Getting into the dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. probably takes another half hour. Answering people's questions and organizing everything you need for the ceremony takes forever, too! For example, I was doing my hair from 11:30 to 1. Then I hung out, drank champagne, and ate from 1 to 2. Then I started doing my makeup, answering questions from my WC, talking to my bridesmaids, etc. Then the photographer came and made me take about an hours worth of pictures, and before I knew it, it was 3:30 and I didn't even have my dress on! I ended up being about 15 minutes late for my ceremony - whoops! Best bet is to start on the earlier side rather than later, because the day flies by.
4. Hmmm...I would assume the ceremony itself should be fine if there's air conditioning in the chapel? However, your cocktail hour and picture time will be quite hot if it's at 4pm. My ceremony was at 4pm on June 28th and we were all roasting. It was probably 95 degrees (i don't know what that is in celsius!) and humid. My cocktail hour was from 5pm to 6pm and most people ended up sitting in the shade or inside the hotel area since it was so hot. Me and the husband and family took pictures during this time period and it was a tiny bit cooler, but everyone was dripping sweat. Regardless, our pictures still turned out AMAZING and you couldn't tell all that much how sweaty we all were. It's pretty much going to be hot no matter what you do. Sure, it will be cooler if you move the times later, but then you also run into lighting issues as the sun goes down. Overall advice is do what works best for you and your family - and just make sure you have some ice and face wipes on hand to cool down and mop up any sweat!
- calgarybride2015 likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users