• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#1921 stephygirl

stephygirl
  • 37 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Resort - Cancun, Mexico

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

@jj575757 - For the rehearsal dinner, BP set up the tables with white tablecloths.  If I recall correctly our WC (Zaray) gave us the option of different table napkin colors, but we just went with the standard white.  I'm sorry to say we don't have any pictures of the tables from the rehearsal dinner.

For our wedding reception, we ordered the "Metallic Sands" decoration package.  BP set everything up on our behalf and we did NOTHING other than drop off our favors (we had multiple favors) and guest book with the WC.  We also emailed our WC telling her how and where we wanted everything set up.  She did it all perfectly.  See some pictures below! I have a lot more pictures but am having a hard time figuring out which ones to post!  

This is also the first time I've ever posted pictures so I hope it works - but here was our reception!

Palenque
Album: Stephygirl Wedding
9 images
0 comments

Edited by stephygirl, 09 July 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#1922 jj575757

jj575757
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:16 AM

@stephygirl thank you so much! I think I am just going to stick with Having BP setup the dinner! And I might just have Latinasia setup lighting. Did you by any chance have music playing in the background? Did you just use an ipod player?

#1923 stephygirl

stephygirl
    • 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

@jj575757 - We used the ipod set up with JSAV.  You might be able to see the table they set up for that in the first picture in my album - they have 2 JSAV technicians there to help you in case anything goes wrong.  I basically just gave them my iPhone and they played my dinner & then dancing playlists. I also made sure to 1. change my phone to airplane mode so I wasn't getting text/call notifications during the reception, and 2. to change my iPhone settings so that my iTunes would play all songs at the same volume.

I loved having the freedom to play our playlists; we had full control if we wanted to skip a song and whatnot.  For example, we put a very specific song on the playlist for the groom to dance with his sister to, but when it came on she was putting her youngins to bed.  So, I just went up to my iphone, skipped that song, and then we put it back on again later once she was back at the reception!

#1924 Danielle1

Danielle1
    • 125 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:47 AM

Do any of you ladies have wedding guests not staying at the resort? Some of my fiance's family members are considering staying somewhere else that is less expensive, and I was wondering how the day pass works. Do they pay for that when they arrive at the resort or is that something that will be billed to our final bill? 

#1925 jj575757

jj575757
    • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:36 AM

Im not sure. But my dad was going to do this but he found out it cost $120 for the pass and it only allows them to come to the wedding and that is all. And there is a time frame for them to stay so they cant come to the rehearsal dinner or anything. Its really not worth it in my opinion because they wont get to spend as much time with everyone else

#1926 stephygirl

stephygirl
      • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

Just posted my review in my planning thread - let me know if anyone has any questions!

#1927 jj575757

jj575757
      • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hi Everyone! Quick question is everyone having their cocktail hour AFTER their wedding ceremony or before the ceremony then the ceremony then the reception dinner. Im confused LOL Not sure when I should do it!

#1928 pjay

pjay
        • 1,791 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
        • LocationToronto

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

@jj575757 I believe the standard is to have it before your reception. Usually it's for that period right in between your ceremony and your reception since there's a bit of a time gap. I know we are using ours so that our bridal party can take some pictures first.

My planning thread :
        http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1929 Danielle1

Danielle1
        • 125 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

@jj575757 We are having ours between the ceremony and the reception - that will give time for guests to enjoy a cocktail while we take pictures with family/bridal party. Most weddings I've been to have it at that time. However, I have a friend getting married in March, and she plans to have a cocktail reception before the ceremony. Just remember that it's YOUR wedding, so I think you can do whatever you want! :)

@stephygirl You may have already mentioned this, but did you have centerpieces on the table for your rehearsal dinner?

#1930 stephygirl

stephygirl
        • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

@Danielle1 - We did have centerpieces, but they were provided as part of the Metallic Sands wedding collection we ordered.  I didn't want to bother with lugging centerpieces down to Mexico.  I've heard people ship them ahead of time so as to not take up luggage space - but you'll want to make sure to do that far enough in advance and read up on the customs rules to ensure they arrive on time.

If you do choose to bring your own centerpieces, the WC will ask you to put them in his/her office in advance of the wedding.  Your WC will then take your centerpieces to the reception site and set them up for you in the manner you indicate!  

I gave my WC the following items the day after I met with her on site.  I then sent her a separate email detailing where on our reception terrace I wanted each thing placed - and everything was done perfectly! I had an idea of where I wanted everything after doing the reception site tour.

- My "guest book"

- Two baskets of flip flops (wedding favor)

- A wedding sign (with our names & date)

- Placecards

- Table Number Cards

- Table Number Card Holders

- Matchbooks for each place setting (no actual matches in them because you can't take them on an airplane  :(..which I realized the night before we left!)

@jj575757 - Our cocktail hour was the traditional in between the ceremony and reception time frame.  This allowed family & the wedding party to take pictures with the newlyweds while the remaining guests could enjoy the cocktail hour.  With how rowdy some of my guests can get, I didn't want to encourage TOO much drinking before the ceremony  :lol:...especially since it's an all-inclusive and people tend to drink all day at the pool anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users