#1871 MissAmber26

MissAmber26
  • 52 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Cancun
  • LocationVA/ DC

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

HI @stephygirl

Congrats and best of luck next month! I'm sure everything will go well. As for as the fee, my WC told me that all private events are charged $55pp unless you earn free events. With 60+ rooms you earn one 2hour private function. Maybe they applied that to your reception. You have to have 75+ nights to get 3 hours of free events each day. Hope this helps!

Oh and I have a question for you - your wedding PO - does it include your vendors as well or do you pay them separately? What vendors did you choose? Thanks. 

#1872 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

@stephygirl welcome to the forum and congrats on your wedding being so close! My events are also on the Palenque Terrace and Sky Bar South. How much extra lighting did you rent? Since I haven't been there, I'm not sure how much additional lighting is needed.

As far as the free events, check your contract. Mine says I get unlimited free events with 75+ room nights, but I know there was something free for 60 room nights as well. (I can look at mine tomorrow for you if that would be helpful).

#1873 stephygirl

stephygirl
  • 37 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Resort - Cancun, Mexico

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

@MissAmber26 Okay that makes sense.  They did apply the 2hr private function to the reception.  I wish we had gotten the 75+ room nights, but quite a few of our guests choose to book through Southwest or Apple vacations when they had "holiday specials" rather than through our room block.  Kind of sucks because now we have to pay for not only their dinners at the reception ($55/person), but we also now don't get the extra hour of free event!  Although, overall I'm just happy and thankful they're attending our wedding.

As far as vendors - we ended up doing the JSAV Basic Package to play our iPod song list, and Zuniga for additional lighting. Our purchase order includes the fees for both of these vendors.

@Danielle1 congrats on your upcoming wedding as well!  After the wedding I can definitely update you on the lighting situation and overall thoughts on the Sky Bar and Palenque Terrace.  Our ceremony is at 4pm and the cocktail hour is scheduled to be from 5 to 6pm.  I think it will still be light enough during the cocktail hour so we're not doing any additional lighting during that.  I believe the bar has its own lighting, so hopefully that will suffice.

The reception lighting is a GREAT question.  So far, we only have the Zuniga set of 4 columns with 2 string lanterns to outline the dance floor. Earlier today I asked my WC for a list of lighting options Zuniga offers, since she has never really provided us with anything regarding lighting!  I happened to find the Zuniga column and string lantern lighting on my own by seeing someone else's photos from the Palenque Terrace.  I'd also be interested in possibly purchasing some under-the-table lighting, and who knows what else based on the options we're given!  Another thing we are doing that may help with the lighting is that once it gets dark out, we're having our best man pass out glow sticks to all our guests.  We just purchased some glow stick necklaces from Amazon for that purpose.

I'm having my WC make updates to the purchase order as it is, so I'm sure she'll be more than happy to add $$$ for the additional lighting we may get!  :)

#1874 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

@stephygirl thank you so much for the info! Please update us when you get back. I would love to hear how the terraces are/what I need concerning lighting. The glow sticks are a great idea. I'm going to do that too I think!

#1875 MissAmber26

MissAmber26
  • 52 posts
  • LocationVA/ DC

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

@stephygirl

Thanks for answering my question about vendors.... This link has the catalogs with lighting options in it

https://www.dropbox....BvmeAzCFSa?dl=0

Edited by MissAmber26, 27 May 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#1876 MissAmber26

MissAmber26
  • 52 posts
  • LocationVA/ DC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

This is a question for past brides - how was your welcome reception/ dinner? How does the evening flow? I want one but I don't know what I want it to look like if that makes sense. Should it be a sit down dinner or just drinks and appetizers with minimum seating so that people will mingle? I'm thinking to make it a white party as I've seen other brides do at Palace.

Thanks!

#1877 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

For those of you using Zuniga, do they charge a transportation/set up fee AND an event decor planning fee?

@MissAmber26 I was wondering the same thing about the Welcome Reception/Dinner. I think I would rather people mingle rather than sit down to eat, but I still wanted to serve dinner (using my unlimited events), so I'm not sure exactly how to make that happen.

Edited by Danielle1, 28 May 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#1878 jj575757

jj575757
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

hey girls!

I was wondering about a welcome dinner too. I asked my WC how much it would cost if I had a dinner on the beach for everyone. She said the cost is $63/pp!! As much as I want to do this for my guest. There is no way I can afford an additional dinner. She also told me that the restaurant does not take reservations, so if I want a welcome dinner we just have to show up and wait!  I was so annoyed. what are you all doing??

#1879 pjay

pjay
    • 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • LocationToronto

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

@jj575757 do you have the 75 room nights? All our events are included and private (up to three hours)

My planning thread :
    http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1880 Danielle1

Danielle1
    • 125 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

@jj575757 it is really expensive if you don't reach enough room nights for the free private events! I do know there is an extra charge for the beach (like $7 per person extra maybe). If you want to have a welcome party but not spend the money on dinner, you could do a welcome cocktail hour. We qualified for free events, so I don't remember the exact cost of the cocktail hour but I know if was a lot cheaper than dinner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users