2048 replies to this topic

#1831 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

Anyone who has Nayeli as a coordinator... Have you had any communication with her recently? I emailed her twice in the past month and haven't received any response to either of my emails. One was sent in mid April.

I have to admit, this has been an added stress since I can't seem to have any proper communication with my coordinator in order to plan the wedding.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1832 ABfutureSulli

ABfutureSulli
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

I was wondering if any if you have experience with the hotel charging guests who booked outside of your group additional fees for attending your private events? It seems rather ridiculous given the guest are staying at the hotel but decided to book their stay through another travel agent. How strict is the hotel on this policy and do they charge the individual guest or the bride/groom? Thank you!!

#1833 jj575757

jj575757
    • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

@perinjay- I have nayeli! she hasn't responded to me at all! and when I do write to her, her automatic e-mail pops up that she is out of the office. I agree- it is just added stress, I want to make sure she knows exactly what I want. She told me that they had a gazebo, then my TA went there and said there was no gazebo. I e-mailed her and she told me there was and said see attached photos, I opened the photos up and they were pictures of the pure collection there was no gazebo even in the picture!! I was so confused. She also told me to see attached pictures of the pure collection, and when I opened the photos up it was actually pictures of the pearl shimmer collection. She is causing me to stress out. I have contacted my TA  and asked her if I could get a new WC.

@ ABfuturesulli I believe as long as the guest is at the hotel it doesn't matter if they booked with your group or not. The only time you get charged additional fees is if the guest are coming from different hotels.

#1834 MissAmber26

MissAmber26
      • 52 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Cancun
      • LocationVA/ DC

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

Hi Ladies @jj575757 @ABfutureSulli

I was at Beach Palace a couple of weeks ago for my site visit. There was no gazebo up. I think they only put it up at the time of event. Also, when she showed me photos, it was the same chocolate bamboo structure as before. I met with Gama and Zuniga and they showed me different ways to decorate it.

As far as guests who don't book with wedding group, yes you do have to pay the private event fee for them. The way they see it is that if you earn a free event because of your wedding group room nights, then only those that contributed to those room nights qualify for that event. So those that book outside of the group aren't included and have to be paid for. I'm not sure how they would track that. I didn't ask. If you don't earn a free event, then you would have to pay say $55 per person private event fee (reception) for all of your guests, whether in the group or not. Hope this helps. Thanks. 

#1835 pjay

pjay
      • 1,791 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
      • LocationToronto

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

@jj575757 Oh my! She finally responded to me yesterday after I emailed her supervisor and my TA. She answered all of my questions and has been more attentive since. I had explained to her supervisor that it's been an added stress for me because there is so many things up in the air and i'm not getting the answers that I need in order to move forward with certain decisions etc. As I approach the date closer it irritates me because there are so many details that I want to firm up and not think of again..

Hopefully from this point on she will be more attentive. I didn't want to have to complain, but then again I felt like it was pretty necessary given how much Palace boasts about their weddings department. I wasn't receiving the service that made me want to have my wedding there in the first place.

My planning thread :
      http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1836 Danielle1

Danielle1
      • 125 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

@MissAmber26 is it the chocolate brown structure with the sheer white sheets?

#1837 MissAmber26

MissAmber26
      • 52 posts
      • LocationVA/ DC

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

@MissAmber26 is it the chocolate brown structure with the sheer white sheets?

@Danielle1

Yes that's the one they showed me... and the decor companies have other color linens they can put on it as well (for a fee).

Edited by MissAmber26, 21 May 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#1838 jj575757

jj575757
      • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

hey everyone! thanks for the responses. @missamber this is the response I got from My WC...

please note that the gazebo changed and now is White.

AND THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO! STILL HAVENT HEARD BACK FROM HER LOL I have no idea what she is talking about! I wish she would respond so I could get an idea of what I want. DId you see the crystal tear backdrop they have that comes with the pure and pearl shimmer collection? If so was it nice?

thanks!

#1839 Danielle1

Danielle1
        • 125 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

@jj575757 Did she send you a picture of the white gazebo?  

#1840 MissAmber26

MissAmber26
        • 52 posts
        • LocationVA/ DC

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

Hmm I met with Zaray and she never said anything about a change. And no I didn't see anything in person, only photos. She had photos of it and so did Gama and both were brown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users