2048 replies to this topic

#1691 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

@LMichelleB i have yet to get a response on rates from PSAV, would you be willing to email me them?

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#1692 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

We have also chosen PSAV. Their rates are actually (shockingly) reasonable! I'm slightly concerned because they are so muhc cheaper than JSAV. I asked my WC about this and she said they don't have the same quality equipment as JSAV (NBD, I think...). My biggest fear with PSAV is that they don't seem to speak English very well. I'm worried that their announcements may be difficult to understand and that we may not be effectively communicating our plans for the wedding with them. On the other hand, they are excellent at responding to emails in a timely fashion and very considerate in all communication. Would love to see a review from past PSAV brides, but haven't been able to find any!

#1693 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

We have also chosen PSAV. Their rates are actually (shockingly) reasonable! I'm slightly concerned because they are so muhc cheaper than JSAV. I asked my WC about this and she said they don't have the same quality equipment as JSAV (NBD, I think...). My biggest fear with PSAV is that they don't seem to speak English very well. I'm worried that their announcements may be difficult to understand and that we may not be effectively communicating our plans for the wedding with them. On the other hand, they are excellent at responding to emails in a timely fashion and very considerate in all communication. Would love to see a review from past PSAV brides, but haven't been able to find any!

Hi @LauraM if you get any feedback from past PSAV brides, would you mind sharing it with me as well? I'm still trying to decide which DJ to go with. I'm so glad that PSAV have been very responsive in their emails with you. I'm sure they'll be great but I understand why you'd be worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they're the unknown awesome DJ company in Riviera Maya :)

@tygrrlily We have Rebeca and so far she's been really helpful! I think they just added this new electricity fee a few months ago for weddings in 2015, so you were able to avoid it. They're also raising the vendor fee for photographers back up to $800, but luckily I was able to lock in at the old $400 rate.

We were going to use an outside vendor for the DJ, but over $1000 in fees is just crazy so we're using PSAV. Their owner has been really great and responsive. JSAV would have cost us about $1000 more than PSAV is charging us! They are way overpriced.

@LMichelleB your wedding is coming up! Could you please do us all a favor and post a review of PSAV afterwards? And could you please also send me their pricing? Thanks so much
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1694 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

Ya! I told her since we had a guest not coming I was able to use that money towards the lanterns (I stuck to my budget lol) and she said, oh don't worry I will just turn the switch on for you.   They are always there they just flick a switch. Although they charge you $100 for it!

Hey.. What do you mean they are always there? They have lanterns there regularly?

Hello to all past ans futur Beach Palace brides,
We're looking to have our wedding at BP in June 2016. We will be a very small group (about 15-20 persons) and we would like to know if there is a minimum persons required to have a private dinner and a private reception at the sky terrace near the pool ?

Does anyone knows the extra charge to have a private event at the sky terrace ? I've had a look to all of the weddings packages but as i understand they only include a dinner in an a la carte restaurant.

It's not as much people as it seems to be "room nights". My coordinator said we need to make up 75 room nights to get unlimited private events. So if one couple or if one single stays in a room for a week, that counts as 7 nights. You would basically need to have 11 booked rooms for a week to be eligible for this.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1695 zoeknight20

zoeknight20
  • 16 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun
  • LocationPeterborough, UK

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

@ParinazSerri Thank you for your detailed review and congratulations!!! Im so pleased to hear such a great review for DreamArts as I am also going with them. Your photos look beautiful x

#1696 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Hey.. What do you mean they are always there? They have lanterns there regularly?

It's not as much people as it seems to be "room nights". My coordinator said we need to make up 75 room nights to get unlimited private events. So if one couple or if one single stays in a room for a week, that counts as 7 nights. You would basically need to have 11 booked rooms for a week to be eligible for this.

You actually need at least 25 people for a private event, regardless of weather you earn unlimited free events or not. We almost didn't reach 25 people and we made a deal with palace to pay $55 per person missing in order to reach 25 people (for example, we thought we would only have 23 people, they were going to charge us $110 extra per event, even though they were "free" because we had 75 room nights)... All the rules are so tricky!

#1697 LMichelleB

LMichelleB
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

@Wafflesmom  @LauraM @TheBHolders I will definitely post a review after the wedding. Here is the link to one review that I found on here: http://www.bestdesti...-all-inclusive/. She said the DJ was great, but was an hour late so they ended up getting a refund.

I have seen several others, but I can't remember which thread they were on. I have not seen any reviews that complained about the DJ services (just the one above that said her DJ showed up late).

The rates go up every year and the owner told me that their 2015 rates are not available yet, so I only have the 2014 rates. PM me your email addresses and I will send you what I have.

Edited by LMichelleB, 06 February 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#1698 ABfutureSulli

ABfutureSulli
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hello everyone!! What are you all doing for flowers. I received the hotel flower brochure and it seems pricey. Is there another company to use in Mexico? Have any of you used or know someone who has used silk flowers?

Thanks everyone!!!

#1699 LauraM

LauraM
    • 232 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:26 AM

@ABfutureSulli I'm using Latin Asia... their flowers seem nicer than the resort flowers and they're soooo accommodating and easy to talk to. It's costing me about $200 per centerpiece, $200 bridal bouquet, $30 mothers' corsages and $15 for bouts. The resort was also asking outrageous prices for any sort of upgrade so I opted not to use them.

There's also a few recent posts on here about ladies using silk flowers from etsy.... they look amazing, real, and your guaranteed to have perfect looking flowers all day.

#1700 Danielle1

Danielle1
    • 125 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hi everyone! I'm still debating between Beach Palace and Moon Palace for my wedding. Moon Palace seems way too big for me, but I'm afraid Beach Palace isn't large enough! Has anyone had a wedding at Beach Palace with 100-120 guests?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users