• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#1301 yancn

yancn
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

I was quoted $525 for the fireworks..seems a bit much to me since it's only 30-45 seconds!

Hi,

I had the same concern. My travel agent is going to handle transportation to/from airport. These are the rates I received:

Prices are quoted "per vehicle" depending on number of guests as follows:
From 1 to 3 passengers:  $55.00 roundtrip
From 4 to 7 passengers:  $65.00 roundtrip
From 8 to 10 passengers:  $75.00 roundtrip

I got exactly the same quote. Are you working with Teresa?

#1302 YossiMeyer

YossiMeyer
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

Hi all,

We have had our location confirmed (sky terrace) for our May 2014 wedding and we have qualified for unlimited events HOWEVER it appears to be the 2014 version - we signed our contract in May 2013 and most people had booked their vacation by October 2013 so we would have qualified then. Have any other brides experienced this and has anyone successfully argued a case to receive the 2013 benefits? The 2013 benefits seem to be more attractive than the 2014 ones.

Also has anyone had any success haggling with Zuniga? Or is their price a set price?

Thanks ladies

J xx

#1303 bride6

bride6
    • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

I got exactly the same quote. Are you working with Teresa?

Yes, I'm working with Teresa. Someone else mentioned asking your wedding planner for complimentary shuttle service. I"m going to try this as well. I"m working with Elizabeth @ Beach Palace.

What is everyone doing for reception table decorations? Initially, I was going with the white table/chairs/linens from the hotel. Seems a little plain since I'm moving the reception to the ballroom. My wp suggested using a Colin Collie collection but I don't like the linens or centerpieces offered. For $300 I was expected a better centerpiece arrangement. Did anyone use fake flowers in their centerpieces? Were they offered by the hotel? I'm trying to avoid bringing DIY down on the plane. 

#1304 beccafries

beccafries
      • 83 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

I love the colin stuff...had some very nice things in my opinion...maybe u can get centerpieces from the hotel to be more custom for you.

Edited by beccafries, 17 February 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#1305 LINDS2014

LINDS2014
        • 12 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
        • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hi girls -

For airport transportation, my fiancee found cancun-discounts.com & the pricing is amazing - $59/RT for up to 10 people (flat fee).

#1306 LauraM

LauraM
        • 232 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

hey Linds2014 .... Why are you planning transportation? The palace rep told me all hotel/airport transportation was included. Am I misunderstanding? Thanks!

#1307 NicoleLV

NicoleLV
        • 27 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
        • LocationCancun

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Will be heading to BP this weekend for our site visit. Has anyone else done it? Meeting with our WC and some of their photographers. Did you ladies know they now have 5 preferred vendors for photography? Until last week I thought it was just 1. So happy to have more options!

#1308 LINDS2014

LINDS2014
        • 12 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
        • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hi @LauraM - we found much cheaper rates through our travel agent (whom I LOVE) & we chose to get rates without transportation from her.  The sales reps at the resort (who send you the contract) are extremely pushy, take forever to get back to you, and are not flexible/clear on everything so I was totally turned off by them!  I'm glad we went with an outside agent too because I have had a few issues come up since we signed and it's great to have someone outside the resort on my side fighting for me.

Hi @NicoleLV - which are the 5 photography vendors Palace uses now? I have only seen Sarani, Cecilia Dumas, Ocean Photo & RO.

#1309 beccafries

beccafries
        • 83 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

please take plenty of pics NicoleLV..... how many guest are u having?

#1310 NicoleLV

NicoleLV
          • 27 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
          • LocationCancun

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

The 5th one was Carlos Pasten Photography. We are deciding between Cecilia Dumas and Ocean Photo. Personally I love Samuel Luna but with the $800 outside vendor fee, that's not going to happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users