newlyengaged13
  • 99 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 4, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelHolmes21 

I am communicating with the Palace Sales Team, I have not been put in contact with my WC yet. Rocio, with the sales team said this is the policy for 2014 and that was her direction from her management. Just to be safe, I am going to bank on having to pay the $800, and hope that my WC tells me different. We'll see... so frustrating how they are so inconsistent!

Agreed.  Brides bring in so much money to these resorts.  They DO NOT want us on their bad side.

#1142 somerskl

somerskl
  • 9 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

What if you paid for the outside photographer to stay for one night as your guest? That is still cheaper than $800...

#1143 newlyengaged13

newlyengaged13
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerskl 

What if you paid for the outside photographer to stay for one night as your guest? That is still cheaper than $800...

I've contemplated that.  I've asked my TA to look into this.  I think there might be a minimum night stay with the resort.  

#1144 newlyengaged13

newlyengaged13
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Plus the rooms are based on a per person rate.  So if the photographer brings an assistant, they would need to stay in the room as well.

#1145 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Ive thought about doing this as well. I actually made that comment to Rocio and said "so basically it's cheaper for me to buy them a room for the night", she didn't respond.

#1146 cheryllau

cheryllau
    • 23 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi ladies! For those who had a private dinner reception at the sky terrace, just wanted to ask how much of lighting did you have or need? I'm planning to have 2 strings of the paper lanterns, and 10 of the floating light up lanterns in the pool. I do also plan to have the light up dance floor as well. Do u think that's enough? I only ask because the LED lights/consoles from JSAV are SO expensive!! Any advice/recommendation?? Thank you!! Cheryl

#1147 deinasm

deinasm
      • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi ladies! I am trying to decide between BP and MP but the costs for the per person nightly rates are seeming very high to me. We you able to negotiate this rate at all? What are you all getting for rates for a double room? I was quoted $250/person/night, is that similar to you? I know it is all inclusive but that still seems high? I am happy to hear if this is normal and I am over reacting! I actually hope that is the case :) Thanks!

#1148 newlyengaged13

newlyengaged13
        • 99 posts
        • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by deinasm 

Hi ladies! I am trying to decide between BP and MP but the costs for the per person nightly rates are seeming very high to me. We you able to negotiate this rate at all? What are you all getting for rates for a double room? I was quoted $250/person/night, is that similar to you? I know it is all inclusive but that still seems high? I am happy to hear if this is normal and I am over reacting! I actually hope that is the case :) Thanks!

Hello "deinasm".  The rates between any Palace Resort I believe are the same (except Le Blanc).  Yes, that rate is about right.  I went with a Travel Agent and she was able to get me a lower rate.  It also depends when you're looking to do your wedding.  Maybe consider doing your wedding off peak season, this may help bring down the cost per person.   You also should keep in mind that with your guests stay, they would get credits to use on excursions so they won't have to come out of pocket to do that stuff.  Good luck in your planning :)  

#1149 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
        • 167 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I am actually having my wedding at Playacar Palace in June and I was quoted $195/person/night for Resort View room. That is without hotel transfer to/from the airport or airfare. I went with a travel agent - Teresa at vacations4less. You might get a better quote using a TA?

#1150 Bella Rios

Bella Rios
          • 65 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 14, 2014
          • LocationBeach Palace

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Rocio, just confirmed that I would  have to pay the vendor fee of $800.00 when originally she had quoted me $500.  Does anyone know or have a preferred vendor list? I'm trying to use Marvin for my flower arrangement, I heard that usually people meet him outside the hotel for the flowers but he told me that with the centerpieces that I want, his people would have to go in and set it up. Also, I'm looking to book an outside DJ since I have heard so many mixed reviews on the one the Beach Palace has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users