Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Have you talked with Zuniga- I'm sure they could make the naticaul theme happen! Just choose then complimentary package and add the decorations! :)

Originally Posted by mehganc View Post

I know communication can be slow with the Palace Resorts, so I thought I would give the heads up for any 2012 brides...I received an email today stating that the Colin Cowie packages will currently not be available until June 1st of this year. I know many brides do not like the new packages, but I am now in a serious predicament because I booked the nautical package months ago for my May 28th wedding. In fact, I initially chose the Palace Resorts because I have always dreamed of a Nantucket wedding and planned to bring Massachusetts to Mexico. I have purchased everything for my wedding surrounding this theme (bridal party attire, invitations, accessories, etc), and I am now told that I have to pick an old package. Anyway, I did not come here with the intentions to rant...I truly hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the suggestion...the WP actually emailed me what they put together for another bride to replace the nautical collection, and I was less than impressed. Luckily, I found the perfect linens from a company here in the states...so I'm just hoping the resort can provide the appropriate chairs, archway, and flowers. If so, I actually think I can make the wedding look better for a lower cost.

Does anyone know if Palace Resorts accepts shipments?

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Have you talked with Zuniga- I'm sure they could make the naticaul theme happen! Just choose then complimentary package and add the decorations! :)

Shan0487, I believe I've read on another thread that Palace won't allot you to ship items, because of the liability, but that some onsite WC will allow it. I'd ask your onsite. Coordinator since you have such an extenuating circumstance, hopefully she'd work with you. If not, it might be cheaper to take an extra suitcase with the linens you buy than to ship it anyways! Good luck !! Can't wait for your view and to see pictures, it will turn out beautifully!!!!!

Hey ladies!  I completely understand your frustrations, but I promise it will all work out!!!  We were married at BP in December, and everything was great. : )  A few things...

- We were NOT able to book the Sky Terrace (nor reception location) ahead of time, which made me very very nervous, but it was no problem to book it out once we hit the 90 days.  Plus, there were no other weddings while we were there, and when we first booked, they said there would usually only be two per day anyway, so since you booked the time, there's no one else who will have the same time as you!  I was more nervous about getting the reception site we wanted, but that was also no problem. 

- We booked through a travel agent and having her act as my rep with the resort was so helpful!  If you haven't booked yet, I would strongly suggest doing it through a TA.  We used Beach Bum Vacations since they specialize in destinations weddings (and were free), and we would definitely recommend them.

- We checked on shipping a few items, but a 10lb box was $150+ to ship, but it only cost an extra $30 to bring another piece of luggage with us instead, so maybe check that out instead. 

- An important thing to remember with the decor is the location itself is stunning!  So even if everything were completely screwed up with all of your decor, it's still way more beautiful than any lovely decorated ballroom back home. : )

Good luck!!

Hi Jenni,

It's definitely helpful and reassuring to be able to talk to other brides about the Beach Palace. I've only heard good things about the weddings, service, etc. The communication at first has been very frustrating. I spoke to numerous people in the Miami office. Now I'm only speaking with Janessa. Once I filled out the paper to set the date/deposit, she has been very responsive which makes me feel better :)  It's very difficult to work over email because I don't want to be confrontationl or come off as a b****, but I just told her that the Sky Terrace was the reason I chose BP and I'd feel very uncomfortable making a deposit when the location is not guaranteed and is there anything she can do...

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

Shan!
Congrats! So exciting that we are just a few days from each other!!! Ill be making you go through this with me every step of the way wink.gif Who is your Miami WC? I haven't had direct dealings with mine (Charmaine Vervuurt) because my TA has been handling everything so far. I just got my contract the day before yesterday...havent done anything with it yet. You think it's ok to email her myself and tell her I'm hesitant to return my contract and deposit without confirmation of the Sky Terrace? I'm so non-confrontational I'm likely to never make it through this, ha!!! I'm so glad to have found all you guys!!!

Since no body answered your question about outdoor restaurants, I will :)

There is Teraza, which is the steak house...it is the patio outside of the Italian Restaurant, but it is considered to be a separate restaurant.  The Italian Restaurant, buffet, and the Teraza steak house are all kind of in one building from what I understand.  If you have a group larger than 12, you would not have been offered the dinner reception at Teraza, since the group capacity is 12 or less.  The only reason I know is b/c I researched the same question.

Hope that helps.

Mehganc~ I am surprised at this...my wedding is May 25...and I was actually given the option of using the Colin Cowie packages or the old set of packages that I originally was told about and I declined in favor of the old "complimentary" wedding set-up.  I would try asking again.  It seems odd that they would have offered it to me when your wedding is three days after mine!  Good Luck and See you there:)

Lisa

Also, just as a note to everyone else...I did not have a travel agent and I booked my guests (6 couples) directly through my Palace wedding coordinator.  Palace wedding coordinators are notorious  for being difficult to work with because they are swamped.  It often took up to two weeks to get answers to very basic and short questions.  My guests even had trouble getting ahold of people to book/make final payment.  So my biggest piece of advice is to find a travel agent, so he or she can deal with that headache.  I am kicking myself for thinking I could handle it b/c I had so few guests.  I can tell you that even with only 6 couples, there are tons of changes being made, adjustments, people missing deadlines, a.k.a. a lot of crap I have to deal with.

I am a very low maintenance bride, hence the destination wedding, and I even seriously considered changing to another resort and might have, had the invites not gone out, because I was so frustrated with the wedding coordinators at times!  On the other hand, the Palace wedding planner I have is great and super responsive!  I am confident everything will be smooth sailing from here on out!  Plus from what are hear the Palace Resorts are fantastic and they very much cater to brides once they arrive.  Happy Planning to everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehganc View Post

I know communication can be slow with the Palace Resorts, so I thought I would give the heads up for any 2012 brides...I received an email today stating that the Colin Cowie packages will currently not be available until June 1st of this year. I know many brides do not like the new packages, but I am now in a serious predicament because I booked the nautical package months ago for my May 28th wedding. In fact, I initially chose the Palace Resorts because I have always dreamed of a Nantucket wedding and planned to bring Massachusetts to Mexico. I have purchased everything for my wedding surrounding this theme (bridal party attire, invitations, accessories, etc), and I am now told that I have to pick an old package. Anyway, I did not come here with the intentions to rant...I truly hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Hello ladies,

I'm new to this forum and I want to have my wedding at Beach Palace in April 2013. We will be around 50 guests, so I'm afraid the resort might be small for a big group...what do you girls think?

Even though it is expensive, I'm completely sold to the Sky Terrace and the lovely beach, as I was staying at ME Cancun in February and went to visit the Beach Palace...amazing! I deal with a travel agent but the Beach Palace is pricey....the cost is about 1660$ for one week (from Montreal, Quebec)...may I ask if that is that similar to your prices? 

Also, as we are expecting 50+ guests, I'm wondering what the extra cost is per person, as most of the wedding packages are for 30 persons.  If anyone knows, please pass on the info, as we might be considering other resorts if this ends up being too expensive...

Thanks!!

Thanks for the information about the restaurants...my wedding planner finally confirmed with the resort that the steak restaurant exists, and she let me make a reservation for 23 (A perfect example of how they always change their policies!).

Also, I was originally offered the Colin Cowie collections too..I even put the deposit on one. It was only months after the fact that she told me they weren't going to be available. Of course, now that I spent the time coming up with another plan and emailed the WP to see if it was feasible, she told me she wanted to hold off on my plan until she double-checked with her marketing team on whether or not my chosen collection would be there. So, essentially, we're getting married in two months, and I have no idea what our wedding is going to look like...and even more frustrating, I have no idea when I'm going to know what my wedding is going to look like.

Anyway, I definitely agree with your advice about the necessity of a travel agent; unfortunately, my TA is only handling the room reservations.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by ROXY6997 View Post

Mehganc~ I am surprised at this...my wedding is May 25...and I was actually given the option of using the Colin Cowie packages or the old set of packages that I originally was told about and I declined in favor of the old "complimentary" wedding set-up.  I would try asking again.  It seems odd that they would have offered it to me when your wedding is three days after mine!  Good Luck and See you there:)

Lisa

Also, just as a note to everyone else...I did not have a travel agent and I booked my guests (6 couples) directly through my Palace wedding coordinator.  Palace wedding coordinators are notorious  for being difficult to work with because they are swamped.  It often took up to two weeks to get answers to very basic and short questions.  My guests even had trouble getting ahold of people to book/make final payment.  So my biggest piece of advice is to find a travel agent, so he or she can deal with that headache.  I am kicking myself for thinking I could handle it b/c I had so few guests.  I can tell you that even with only 6 couples, there are tons of changes being made, adjustments, people missing deadlines, a.k.a. a lot of crap I have to deal with.

I am a very low maintenance bride, hence the destination wedding, and I even seriously considered changing to another resort and might have, had the invites not gone out, because I was so frustrated with the wedding coordinators at times!  On the other hand, the Palace wedding planner I have is great and super responsive!  I am confident everything will be smooth sailing from here on out!  Plus from what are hear the Palace Resorts are fantastic and they very much cater to brides once they arrive.  Happy Planning to everyone!