Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sun Palace did it for me! My WC asked at our meeting if we wanted one- I don't know what it was or what it tasted like as I never got one.  But it was blue from what I remember! lol.

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Is anyone doing a signature drink? Does anyone know if Beach Palace will do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shan,

 

Did you do a cocktail hour AND a reception? I was wondering if you do these in the same location or switch places. I was thinking about doing the cocktails on the infinity terrance since its right by the beach where we will be taking pictures so people can kinda be back and forth and then we will all move to the reception together (Palenque Terrace). Is that what people do? Different locations? Thursday we are doing cocktails/hors d'oeuvres and then welcome dinner all on the sky terrace.

 

Any opinions welcome!!!

 

I am just bringing a CD of all my ceremony music as well. I found this Mexican guitar instrumental (all acoustic) artic while looking around on iTunes for inspiration. He does covers of really popular songs but it kinda goes with the beachy feel so I am going to use some known songs for all of the ceremony music (bridesmaids, signing, kiss, me walking, recessional) check him out the name is Michael Marc and the CD with known songs is called "Popular Romantic Hits on Spanish Acoustic" there are 2 vol. also. Good luck everyone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls! I'm a new Beach Palace bride. My wedding is November 2013. I'm figuring out that this website is very helpful since it is hard to get ahold of people at the resort! I signed my contract for the complimentary wedding a couple weeks ago, but I was just curious if any of you know if I have to pay a deposit to secure my spot? I haven't received any information to do that and Rocio won't email me back. I already sent out my save the dates and booked a photographer so I do not want to lose my wedding date because of something like that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenni,

 

Yes I did both a cocktail hour and a reception.  Mine were right next to each other- not technically in the same spot- they had different names for each spot (I was at Sun Palace so knowing the names wouldn't help you anyways, haha).  But when you get to Mexico your WC will show you EVERY site they have and if you are the only wedding that day ( I was) you can change your mind- which I did for the cocktail hour- they were going to be on opposite sides of the resort but then she said she would get PSAV to come early and play music (free of charge) during our cocktail hour if we had them next to each other so I said- Fine with me! :)

 

I think your set up sounds nice! :)

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

Shan,

 

Did you do a cocktail hour AND a reception? I was wondering if you do these in the same location or switch places. I was thinking about doing the cocktails on the infinity terrance since its right by the beach where we will be taking pictures so people can kinda be back and forth and then we will all move to the reception together (Palenque Terrace). Is that what people do? Different locations? Thursday we are doing cocktails/hors d'oeuvres and then welcome dinner all on the sky terrace.

 

Any opinions welcome!!!

 

I am just bringing a CD of all my ceremony music as well. I found this Mexican guitar instrumental (all acoustic) artic while looking around on iTunes for inspiration. He does covers of really popular songs but it kinda goes with the beachy feel so I am going to use some known songs for all of the ceremony music (bridesmaids, signing, kiss, me walking, recessional) check him out the name is Michael Marc and the CD with known songs is called "Popular Romantic Hits on Spanish Acoustic" there are 2 vol. also. Good luck everyone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

 

Sun Palace did it for me! My WC asked at our meeting if we wanted one- I don't know what it was or what it tasted like as I never got one.  But it was blue from what I remember! lol.

Thanks Shan! I sent my wedding coordinator an email to ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

 

Shan,

 

Did you do a cocktail hour AND a reception? I was wondering if you do these in the same location or switch places. I was thinking about doing the cocktails on the infinity terrance since its right by the beach where we will be taking pictures so people can kinda be back and forth and then we will all move to the reception together (Palenque Terrace). Is that what people do? Different locations? Thursday we are doing cocktails/hors d'oeuvres and then welcome dinner all on the sky terrace.

 

Any opinions welcome!!!

 

I am just bringing a CD of all my ceremony music as well. I found this Mexican guitar instrumental (all acoustic) artic while looking around on iTunes for inspiration. He does covers of really popular songs but it kinda goes with the beachy feel so I am going to use some known songs for all of the ceremony music (bridesmaids, signing, kiss, me walking, recessional) check him out the name is Michael Marc and the CD with known songs is called "Popular Romantic Hits on Spanish Acoustic" there are 2 vol. also. Good luck everyone!!

 

Hi Jenni,

 

Im  doing my cocktail hour on the Beach side of the South Terrace and my reception on the Lagoon Side of the South Terrace.

What is the  (Palenque Terrace). i havent heard of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls! I'm a new beach palace bride. Getting married November 2013. I signed my contract for the complimentary wedding but I was wondering if any of you know if I need to pay a deposit? I have tried emailing rocio but I haven't gotten a response. I just don't want to lose my date over something like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You only put down a deposit if you are paying for a package- if you are doing the complimentary package (which I did) you do not put down a deposit- so don't let them make you! You may have to put down a deposit for your "extras" but not for the ceremony itself!

Originally Posted by Brandi Robinson View Post

Hey girls!
I'm a new beach palace bride. Getting married November 2013. I signed my contract for the complimentary wedding but I was wondering if any of you know if I need to pay a deposit? I have tried emailing rocio but I haven't gotten a response. I just don't want to lose my date over something like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×