Oh wow really? My sales coordinator from Palace Resorts, Clarissa Arzola Avina, told me directly that I can still get the private functions and cocktail hour if all my guests book through one website (has to be the same website though), I just can't get the complimentary free nights without signing group contract.

Thanks for this information though! I'm going to check with her to confirm!

Ladies- has everyone signed a contract?

My Travel agent has booked my group block and I have confirmation of my date and time with a wedding number. But I have not signed a contract and that always makes me nervous.

I signed the actual wedding contract, but maybe it's because I booked a wedding package and had to pay 50% toward the total cost.

If you're doing the complimentary wedding package than you may not have to sign any contract.

My wedding planner only reached out once my contract was signed though. She sent me food menu's, asked what kind of cake I wanted, photo services, etc etc...

Ahh, I think I may need to do the group contract thing. Are your guests booking straight with the hotel? I know many of my guests are going to book through outside websites. Not sure how this works...

I never signed a contract- my wedding is at Sun Palace on November 23, 2012 and I booked in Feb and at that time they did away with the contracts.  So I guess they brought them back?!

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 View Post

I signed the actual wedding contract, but maybe it's because I booked a wedding package and had to pay 50% toward the total cost.

If you're doing the complimentary wedding package than you may not have to sign any contract.

My wedding planner only reached out once my contract was signed though. She sent me food menu's, asked what kind of cake I wanted, photo services, etc etc...

Ahh, I think I may need to do the group contract thing. Are your guests booking straight with the hotel? I know many of my guests are going to book through outside websites. Not sure how this works...

Most of my guests booked through my travel agent who set up the group block for me. Not sure where you live but coming from Canada we will do a week vacation not just a weekend like most. But some guests have chosen to get their own flights and book the hotel on their own as well. These will not count under my guest room block or my room count towards the promotions

Hmm, that's odd. They seem kind of disorganized at Palace. Maybe it's because I'm doing the new Colin Cowie wedding package. I know it's kind of new, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Ohh I see! I'm not using a travel agent. I'm coming from California. Most of my guests will be staying 6+ days but it's more addordable to book through www.travelocity.com where you get your flight and hotel together, rather than booking through Palace resorts directly.

I don't think I'm going to sign the group contract because it will be impossible for me to control how my guests book their trips. Hopefully my sales coordinate honors what she told me, and allows me to get the promotions if everyone books on the same outside website.

Thanks for your help!

Quick question-

What time did you guys book your ceremony for? I originally chose 4:00 p.m. but after contacting Del Sol Photography they suggested 6:00 p.m. for a July wedding, so I contacted my planner and she changed it to 6. The photographer told me the pictures would be beautiful at sunset, and with a 20-30 minute ceremony 6:30 would be a perfect time to go down to the beach and take pictures.

Just curious what you guys decided.

Also, I asked my planner to send me the music services brochure. She only sent me JSAV, however I've read on these forums that PSAV is an alternative that Palace Resorts used to offer and they're cheaper. I asked my planner to email me their brochure, but she hasn't gotten back yet. I am dead set on having a traditional type of reception, and would love to have a dance floor, dj, music, etc...but the costs are adding up quick :( I'm  hoping PSAV is considerably less money, and will help me afford at least a DJ.

Let me know what you guys are doing as far as music goes.

Thanks!

- Nicole