Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Originally Posted by Renewing32 View Post

Just confirmed my date for August 16, 2013! So excited! Now to just get people to RSVP. confused.gif

Good luck! That has been the most disappointing thing for us to deal with...people dropping out. It's like they're really excited when you tell them you're going to Mexico...then the closer it gets...people start to drop out. In our case, it's been total avoidance. People I've known 20 years would rather avoid us or send an email with ridiculous excuses. I know, it's supposed to be about the bride and groom...but it still hurts a little. Especially when I can say that I've spend as much as this trip will cost on IN TOWN weddings. My future MIL hasn't even gotten her passport yet and we're getting married July 28th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by LPerry View Post

 

Good luck! That has been the most disappointing thing for us to deal with...people dropping out. It's like they're really excited when you tell them you're going to Mexico...then the closer it gets...people start to drop out. In our case, it's been total avoidance. People I've known 20 years would rather avoid us or send an email with ridiculous excuses. I know, it's supposed to be about the bride and groom...but it still hurts a little. Especially when I can say that I've spend as much as this trip will cost on IN TOWN weddings. My future MIL hasn't even gotten her passport yet and we're getting married July 28th.

 

 

I certainly understand what you're going through, but I wouldn't take the passport delay as an insult. Realistically, it only takes four to six weeks, so I imagine she feels as though she has plenty of time. I just applied for my passport three weeks ago and got it in the mail yesterday...I'm getting married at the end of May.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renewing32 View Post

 

Just confirmed my date for August 16, 2013! So excited! Now to just get people to RSVP. confused.gif

Good luck! That has been the most disappointing thing for us to deal with...people dropping out. It's like they're really excited when you tell them you're going to Mexico...then the closer it gets...people start to drop out. In our case, it's been total avoidance. People I've known 20 years would rather avoid us or send an email with ridiculous excuses. I know, it's supposed to be about the bride and groom...but it still hurts a little. Especially when I can say that I've spend as much as this trip will cost on IN TOWN weddings. My future MIL hasn't even gotten her passport yet and we're getting married July 28th.

 

I understand and it's nerve racking too. We invited our friends and family we knew could "afford to go". But with that said, my parents are coming and my husbands best friend and wife so we are content if they end up being the only ones that come. I don't think that my best friends will even come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Past Brides: Are there any brides that received the complimentary nights based on the number of room reserved? If so, how were they credited? Is it a refund at checkout or free days for another vacation to palace resorts? I'm very curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Renewing32 View Post

Past Brides: Are there any brides that received the complimentary nights based on the number of room reserved? If so, how were they credited? Is it a refund at checkout or free days for another vacation to palace resorts? I'm very curious.

 

The Palace Resort website says that the monetary value will be credited to your card post-travel. However, I received our credit for the complimentary nights about six weeks before the wedding (after our group booking was completely finished).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure. The booze cruise is through Caribbean carnaval - it sets out from pier of carribean carnaval in playa tortuga (close to the hotels). The boat ride is 45 minutes to isla mujeres. It is open bar the whole time. Then we eat dinner on the beach and watch a mayan show and play games for 3 hours. The cost that they quoted me is $90 per person. I researched the dinner cruises on-line and could only find a few that set out on a friday night. I think it will be a lot of fun!!Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure. The booze cruise is through Caribbean carnaval - it sets out from pier of carribean carnaval in playa tortuga (close to the hotels). The boat ride is 45 minutes to isla mujeres. It is open bar the whole time. Then we eat dinner on the beach and watch a mayan show and play games for 3 hours. The cost that they quoted me is $90 per person. I researched the dinner cruises on-line and could only find a few that set out on a friday night. I think it will be a lot of fun!!Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure. We are taking off using the carnaval cruise out of playa tortuga ( close to the hotels. it is an open bar boat ride to Isla Mujeres. Once we get there we have dinner on the beach - there is a Mayan show and audience contests and interaction. I think it is about three hours and then we head back. They quoted me $90 per person but the kids and bride and groom are free... probably because we have 52 people. Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×