Beach Palace Cancun Brides

@@LauraM I'm going through the exact same thing right now!!  I initially booked the Signature package, but after booking 75+ room nights, I realized I got the majority of the signature package free with my 'Unlimited Private Events.'  Now, I'm trying to 'downgrade' to the Complimentary, but apparently I'm using the wrong verbiage because you can't 'downgrade' but you can 'change' your package - so annoying!  So I have to sign an all new contract... just be sure in your new contract that they don't add any new clauses or stipulations in it.  They tried to do that to me, but I'm fighting them & so far... winning.  To cancel your contract, you have to go through your sales agent.  If you don't know who that is, Marisol should be able to direct you.  It's the person you sent your contract back to.

They did try to tell me it would take 90 days to receive a refund (what!) so I should just have them keep it & use it toward DJ's, flowers, etc, but my travel agent reached out to them & they told her it's really 30-90 days.  I now just want them to issue the refund, regardless of how long it takes, because I don't trust them with my money in the end!  God knows what they would charge me for... it's easier to fight when they don't already have my money!

If you need an amazing travel agent, let me know!  Mine has just been through all of this & got my guests the lowest rate I've heard from anyone.

@@LINDS2014 Are you getting married at the Beach Palace or LeBlanc?  I'm doing the signature package at LeBlanc and I'm in the process of having my guests book now.  We have not reached the 75 room nights yet.  I'm really hoping to book that many so we can take advantage of the free unlimited events and 7 free nights. 

Hi @@NJBride2014 - we are getting married at Le Blanc.  Getting the 75+ nights has been AMAZING - I didn't realize just how many perks come along with it... it's SO worth it if you're so close!  A friend of mine is getting married the weekend after us at Le Blanc & she added 2 nights to her own stay just so she could reach the 75+ nights.  If you do that, you pretty much don't need the Signature package or any paid package!  The complimentary works out much, much better in that case.

LINDS2014... Who are you using as a travel agent? I'm from Boston and have been looking for someone local who I can actually meet with rather than communicate via phone/email. But, at this point, finding someone with experience dealing with the Palace Resorts might be more important. I also want to downgrade my package.. i originally chose "pure" ($4,000) but like you said, the other packages make much more sense. Too bad we didn't realize this before giving them our money! 

PS. I am so jealous that your wedding is at Le Blanc! We have booked our honeymoon there and are BEYOND excited! We chose Beach Palace for our wedding because it's cheaper and we've been there before... but everything I'm hearing about Le Blanc is absolutely amazing! Would love to see pictures when you return!

@@LauraM We used Elizabeth Sorkin from Liberty Travel.  She's actually based in Philadelphia, so maybe you could meet her at some point??  She's been so phenomenal I can't even tell you (and I got nothing for a referral, so this isn't biased!).  We send her an email, and no joke... no matter what time of the day, we get a response within TEN minutes.  Almost always, every time.  She is SO on top of things, my guests calls, emails, questions, etc.  Despite getting us the best rates, that's what ultimately made us go with her.  As a bride, and as you know, dealing with the delayed responses of Palace WC's, when you want an answer, you want it NOW!  Liz does just that :)  Also - I don't have to deal with waiting until after my wedding to get my credit back for the complimentary nights, she gave it to us last week after she submitted our final room block to the resort.  

I agree with you!  I so regret giving them my money, despite being told incessantly that I could change my package later on!

PS I've heard amazing things about Beach Palace too!!  Truthfully, I hadn't heard of it before we went down for a site visit @ Le Blanc & to tour other resorts... if we hadn't stayed at Le Blanc and experienced it's amazing-ness, I'm sure we would have ended up at one of the other Palace resorts as well!  Of course I will share pictures when we return :)

Does anyone know if the dress codes at the restaurants are strictly enforced?  (ie. long pants, collard shirts & sleeves)

Our wedding dress code is classy beach casual and i know some people wont even wear pants to that....Being Canadian the idea of bringing long pants to mexico sounds totally crazy! lol

Last time we were at the Bach Palace, we followed the dress code. However, we frequently saw men with shorts, and ladies with flip-flops in the restaurants. I've been to other resorts that would barely let me in with nice open toe sandals, but the restaurants at the Beach Palace are much less formal and didn't seem to care about attire, despite what is stated on their website.

Hi Brides!

We just got back from Beach Palace Last night! Our wedding was AMAZING and PERFECT! The BP staff really knocked it out of the park! And I am VERY picky :)

I hope to get my planning thread and reviews up this week!

Please reach out to me with any questions about anything!!! I am happy to help anyone as I know how difficult it is to plan via email :)

@@shmanderz pretty sure the dress code was only enforced in Bochelli, which is the Italian Rest (my fav!). Our male guests wore linen pants, khakis or jeans and polos or linen collared shirts. I don't believe they enforced closed toed shoes for the men.
There is no dress code for the ladies. I wore dresses or cute tank tops and white jeans, sometimes with heels, sometimes with jeweled flip flops and no one said a word about dress.

Hi Brides!

We just got back from Beach Palace Last night! Our wedding was AMAZING and PERFECT! The BP staff really knocked it out of the park! And I am VERY picky :)

I hope to get my planning thread and reviews up this week!

Please reach out to me with any questions about anything!!! I am happy to help anyone as I know how difficult it is to plan via email :)

@@shmanderz pretty sure the dress code was only enforced in Bochelli, which is the Italian Rest (my fav!). Our male guests wore linen pants, khakis or jeans and polos or linen collared shirts. I don't believe they enforced closed toed shoes for the men.

There is no dress code for the ladies. I wore dresses or cute tank tops and white jeans, sometimes with heels, sometimes with jeweled flip flops and no one said a word about dress.

Congrats! I'm glad everything went well for you and your wedding.  It helps to put my mind at ease with this planning process!  Was your wedding/reception on the beach or sky terrace? How many guests did you have?  I'm slightly worried about the space and how the reception area will be set up.  Can't wait to read your review thread.

@@Naturalbeauti30 Congrats!

Our ceremony was on the sky terrace (amazing!) and our reception was on the Palenque terrace (equally amazing). We had 77 guests.

We had a large group and the Palenque terrace is huge but we utilized the space well.

I'm dying to get some pics up for you girls! But I may have to do it tonight as I can't get on facebook from work to save them to my computer.

You all can also friend me on FB to see pics! Lindsey Spotts

• Like 1