Beach Palace Cancun Brides

@@tygrrlily thanks so much for the pic! I was already thinking of getting the 2 strings of lights and the underlights for the tables. Our DJ package includes lighting for the dance floor so hopefully this combo will be enough for us.

We were just assigned to our onsite coordinator today! We're getting close :D

Hello to all past ans futur Beach Palace brides,

We're looking to have our wedding at BP in June 2016. We will be a very small group (about 15-20 persons) and we would like to know if there is a minimum persons required to have a private dinner and a private reception at the sky terrace near the pool ?

Does anyone knows the extra charge to have a private event at the sky terrace ? I've had a look to all of the weddings packages but as i understand they only include a dinner in an a la carte restaurant.

Has anyone had a wedding or IS having a wedding that is more than 70 people !!! I'm expecting 75-100 people!!! Way more than I thought would want to come! Our wedding in June 4, 2016. Our wedding is booked. All my people have already booked their rooms. Now I need to decide more-or-less vendors so I can start paying on the wedding ASAP. What are your suggestions on photographer? DJ? Any advise??

Edited by Rozflores17

Dj Discomovil ... I didn't book him in time but read amazing reviews and he was always quick to respond and helpful. But, he's an outside vendor so it'll be the $800 vendor fee plus the new $225 electricity fee. His prices are also great though

Latin Asia for flowers!

@@zoeknight20 - That is a crazy amount! I'd dbl check w/ your wedding coordinator, and even ask your onsite when it comes time. Palace is super inconsistent with prices and it doesn't hurt to keep asking/digging. We had a Mariachi band for our cocktail hour and we paid around $535 US for a 4 piece band (2014 prices)

@@LMichelleB - The Palenque can get dark but it's also quite lovely. This is from our welcome party there:

10846484_812026422192338_921497012943061

We had 2 strings of Chinese lanterns over our dining area. This pic was taken in mid-December around 6:30pm to give you an idea of lighting. It does get pretty dark and you'd need to focus your area/lighting because the terrace is HUGE. I think lighting over the dance floor area would be great too

Speaking of lanterns. I opted to pay for them

And kindly she gave them to me

For free. I remember walking up for our entrance and thinking how beautiful they looked but so far don't have any pictures showing them hahah hopefully someone has a pic of them in their photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Wafflesmom  YES! The fee is absolutely outrageous! It's just their way of forcing you to use a DJ that they get a cut of the $$ from. Is J&S the same as JSAV? I can't even afford them! They're more expensive than the outside vendors, even with the 800+250 fees! I had to downgrade to PSAV... I'm concerned about their quality and their broken English (very apparent in email communications) but I'm hoping for the best...

@@LauraM isn't the new electricity fee ridiculous? I haven't booked my DJ yet and now with this fee plus the vendor fee, it's making it so expensive! Plus, J&S just increased their 2015 prices 

@@calgarybride2015 you got free lanterns? You're so lucky!

Ya! I told her since we had a guest not coming I was able to use that money towards the lanterns (I stuck to my budget lol) and she said, oh don't worry I will just turn the switch on for you.   They are always there they just flick a switch. Although they charge you $100 for it!

@@LauraM J&S and JSAV are the same company. I hope PSAV works out for you. Depending on how many hours are reception end up being, that all determine who I get

@@tygrrlily you're lucky your wedding is done, they've made a few changes to the wedding contracts. It's a lot pricier