Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Hi Ladies! Officially booked for 3/8/14 at Beach Palace! So excited! Is anyone else a March bride? I have a few questions for you ladies that are probably further ahead in the process. I was assigned my wedding coordinator 9/24/13. I emailed her a week ago but still haven't heard back. I know they are slow to respond, but is this normal? Did any of you get an initial email from them after you booked? Or did you have to make the first contact? One other question- I think I read somewhere about there being an additional fee to setup events on the beach or terrace. Does anyone know what this fee is? I can't seem to find it anywhere! Thanks!!! Lindsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBride View Post

congratulations!!! how exciting, it just creeps up.

So I was assigned a Wedding Coordinator and she informed me that, I would have to pay $800 (which originally they had told me $500) PER vendor. Is this the case with anybody else? I'm working with Marvin, at Maya flora, but with the flowers I want, he said his team would have to be there to set them up, and I'm also looking to hire an outside DJ, since I here so many mixed reviews on JSAV. I don't wait to take a risk, but $1600 in vendor fee's is outrages.

Hey Bella So I don't know if this is going to work, but so far this is my plan for flowers to avoid the outside vendor fee. I am going to have just my bouquets/boutineers done by an outside florist and have them delivered in the lobby (I read that other brides have done this and you don't have to pay the fee). For the rest of the flowers I am going to have them done through the resort so they can set them up. I would love to use an outside florist for everything, but the outside vendor fees add up and I already have an outside photographer and an outside videographer. I figure, the pictures that you are going to frame and hang up in your house are going to have bouquets in them. You're probably not going to hang any pictures of what your centerpieces or table decor looked like. The OCD perfectionist bride in me wants certain flowers and a certain look, so I totally understand using an outside vendor. Unless the price that you're getting from Marvin can make up for the $800 vendor fee and still provide some extra savings, it's probably not worth it. If you have the $500 fee in writing from the wedding coordinator, I would make them honor it. If it makes you feel any better at all, I originally had my wedding booked at another resort and their outside vendor fee was $800 even if you went out and picked up flowers from a florist! They also wouldn't even let you bring in a DJ. You had to use their contracted DJ, and their prices for EVERYTHING- flowers, decor etc was a lot more then at Beach Palace. Not sure if that makes you feel better or not, but it was worth a try! :)

Our wedding was originally booked at Azul Sensatori

The outside vendor thing is not why we cancelled, I wish that was the reason! The resort actually had nothing to do with it, and if you are undecided for your wedding, I would definitely look at them! Our wedding would have been beautiful there and will be just as if not more beautiful at Beach Palace. Most of the resorts have their own policies vendors and fees, doesn't matter which you go to. Beach Palace is a bit more accommodating then others that I have seen.

My advice to you, is under no circumstances, use DestinationWeddings.com for your wedding. Use Wright Travel agency and no one else. TRUST ME! :)

Linds1204- thanks for feedback. I have already contact and spoken with Wendy from Wright, I'll definitely be using once we secure a location. We are going to visit Oct 12-19th, have the flight, just trying to decide where we want to stay. My top 3 resorts are Palace (beach, moon or sun), Gran Caribe/The Royal, and Paridusus Cancun. I'm thinking well stay 3 nights at Gran Caribe and 4 nights at one of the palace Resorts... Just can't decide which one. I'm leaning towards Sun since its adults only!! However my FI has a 6yr old so for wedding stay it will have to be a kid resort. One reason I like Royal/Caribe bc families can stay one and couples or luxury at other and just walk to visit.

Wendy is my new agent and she is great! You will be in good hands with her.

When you go to all the resorts, I would get a copy of their private events menus & all costs associated with private events- If you are planning on having any wedding functions as private. If you're having more then about 40 guests (varies by resort), you usually have to do private. Paradisus' food prices were really high, easily 3-4 times over other resorts and I think they charged for your open bar too, which makes no sense since you are staying at an all inclusive! Palace resorts are one of the more generous with what you get free depending on how many rooms you book. You can get all your events for free! Have Wendy go over all of that with you and take it into consideration when making your choice based on your budget. You don't want to pay an arm and a leg for food or drinks when your guests are technically already paying for that in their room costs. Good luck!!!!

Marvin, just emailed me and told me that the beach palace has a $350 vendor fee day pass. I dont know what that means, but I'm going to ask. The reason why he can't drop them off at the lobby is because the type of flowers I want, come in some rental vases he has. As far as photography, one of my guests is a photographer so he is willing to take our pictures. Saves me money, and I totally trust him. I'm just wondering if anyone has had outside vendors, and if they had to pay for each vendor. 

Hello brides and brides to be I have signed my contract for Beach Palace August 09, 2014! So far 10 rooms blocked and now deciding on photography and videography.... Any suggestions besides del sol? Things completed: Bridesmaids dress options Save the dates ordered Wedding website Started wedding registry 2014 brides what have you competed? [ATTACHMENT=14446]image.jpg (47k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] What's left to do?

Marvin, just emailed me and told me that the beach palace has a $350 vendor fee day pass. I dont know what that means, but I'm going to ask. The reason why he can't drop them off at the lobby is because the type of flowers I want, come in some rental vases he has. As far as photography, one of my guests is a photographer so he is willing to take our pictures. Saves me money, and I totally trust him. I'm just wondering if anyone has had outside vendors, and if they had to pay for each vendor. 
I'm going to do site visits all next week. Paradisus Cancun has a $1000 outside vendor fee!! Insane, I've pretty much x'd them out of my choices. An outside vendor would be using a florist, photographer, videographer, etc that isn't from inside the resort or on their list of vendors. I'm def using an outside photographer so these fees matter to me. Honestly $350 is not too bad considering to use the resorts florist you'd probably pay double over Marvin's prices.