Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Originally Posted by brebon21 View Post

Don't waste your money on a dance floor or extra bar. I did and it was not necessary!

Thank you so much Brebon21!!! You have saved me 600 dollars!! haha :) Really Thank you

You looked absolutely Stunning on your wedding day btw!! and I loved your bouquet. Was the bouquet the free one beach palace provides?

-Kat 

Hey past brides,

I know that a BP coordinator will contact me 60 days prior to my wedding, but what info will I be able to find out then?  I want to order menu's, and create an event pamphlet to give to my guests the day of the wedding.  Will I make most of these decisions 60 days prior? or when I arrive @ the resort?  When are we expected to give our package payment?  I guess what I'm asking is what is it exactly you go over with your BP wedding coordinator?  What do you go over upon arrival?  Can I change the menu and mix and match?  There are some items I like on the BBQ menu but then there are some I like on The Mexican menu.  Also does anyone know if cheesecake is available as a wedding cake?  Thanks!

How was the weather for your November wedding?  Was the weather and ocean still warm during that time of year?  Does the sun set early?  My wedding is set for November 30th at 4:00pm...I got the latest slot available that day and am hoping to be able to get sunlight and sunset photos right after the ceremony....

Ladies I'm 10 days away and starting to freak out. I booked the sky terrace in the beginning only to be told YESTERDAY that they accidentally double booked it so they moved me to the beach. No big deal but now my dress its going to be too long and apparently they have known this for a month and never told me! their solution is to move my date to Friday. I'm so frustrated right now.

I'm not sure who you are talking to..but I was married in November so I'll put in my two sense lol.

The weather was perfect in November (we are going back the same week for our anniversary!) 

It was high 70s low 80s during the day and then in the high 60s low 70s at night- bring a sweater cause when it's windy it can get chilly at night close to the beach!

The ocean was cold- but you can still manage to get almost waist deep and be fine!

My wedding was at 4pm as well.  The sun will set around 5:15 (I think- there is a website you can check for sunset time- just goggle sunset time in november). 

My schedule was:

First look photos (which I recommend for the limited time you have after the ceremony before the sun sets) at 2:15

2:30- 3:45 group photos (wedding party and bride and groom)

4- 5 ceremony, toast, family pics and more wedding pics- sunset pics

5-6 cocktail hour (more pics of my husband and I- we turned the wedding party loose around 5 when the cocktail hour started and we joined everyone around 5:30 and it was almost dark by 5:30)

6-10 reception

Let me know if you have any more questions about November in Mexico! :)

Originally Posted by Heyily View Post

How was the weather for your November wedding?  Was the weather and ocean still warm during that time of year?  Does the sun set early?  My wedding is set for November 30th at 4:00pm...I got the latest slot available that day and am hoping to be able to get sunlight and sunset photos right after the ceremony....

Hello Shan0487!  I meant to address my question(s) to you, LOL!  I noticed you had a November wedding and got excited! Thank you so much for the helpful information and timeline!  This is DEFINITELY HELPFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

I'm not sure who you are talking to..but I was married in November so I'll put in my two sense lol.

The weather was perfect in November (we are going back the same week for our anniversary!) 

It was high 70s low 80s during the day and then in the high 60s low 70s at night- bring a sweater cause when it's windy it can get chilly at night close to the beach!

The ocean was cold- but you can still manage to get almost waist deep and be fine!

My wedding was at 4pm as well.  The sun will set around 5:15 (I think- there is a website you can check for sunset time- just goggle sunset time in november). 

My schedule was:

First look photos (which I recommend for the limited time you have after the ceremony before the sun sets) at 2:15

2:30- 3:45 group photos (wedding party and bride and groom)

4- 5 ceremony, toast, family pics and more wedding pics- sunset pics

5-6 cocktail hour (more pics of my husband and I- we turned the wedding party loose around 5 when the cocktail hour started and we joined everyone around 5:30 and it was almost dark by 5:30)

6-10 reception

Let me know if you have any more questions about November in Mexico! :)

Hey guys,

So I rented the IPOD dock for our cocktail hour and reception so we're not doing a DJ. I was wondering what  you guys did regarding announcements, like first dance, cake cutting, throwing of bouquet, etc...?

Did you have a family member announce these things?

And setting up this music on my IPOD is stressing me out. Did you guys do one long playlist? Or separate playlists for cocktail hour, reception, etc...

I think I'm going to need someone a little more tech savvy to help me with this.

- Nicole

My flowers can from Maya Floral in Cancun, they met by MOH in the lobby that day. And just a heads up, a DJ is worth every penny. Our dj and mc literally controlled the wedding. He knew when to do what and also suggested things based on lighting etc... We had a iPod for our Rehersal, then your worried about music playlist etc... Your already dressed that day, so why not help yourself and let someone else do the dirty work!!

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

Nicole, 

I put my music is the EXACT order I wanted it to be played and the songs that were key songs I labeled FIRST DANCE, GARTER TOSS, ect... so they'd know to announce something. The IPOD setup worked out perfectly. I did 2 speakers as well and definitely recommend that. I wouldn't have done anything differently. I was really nervous about this because I wanted the reception to be a party, but it was!!! Everyone was on the dance floor! 

My wedding was originally at 6 on the sky wedding deck, but there was another event scheduled on one of the sky terraces scheduled at 6. They suggested I move my location. I kinda threw a fit about this because I insisted they guarantee the sky wedding deck before I would sign my contract - so they suggested moving the ceremony to 5:30. It was fine by me. We had enough light for pictures, but it got a little rushed at the end. That wouldnt have happened if it wouldnt have taken SO LONG to bustle my dress - we had issues with that!! I had my stepdad get ordained online so that he could perform our ceremony so we wrote that together. It definitely was doing within 30 minutes! I didnt want some long ceremony - to me, everyone wants to get to the party! 

Yes, I carried my wedding dress on the plane. They have a closet right when you walk into the plane, that wasn't a problem at all. He carried his suit too! It was linen so it was going to wrinkle like crazy in the suitcase. 

I did welcome bags with - full size IBpro bottles, aloe lotion, antacids, koozies, sunglasses and welcome letter. My "wedding favor" was glow necklaces and bracelets. They were really fun to have on the beach and dance floor. I ordered 150 necklaces and 100 bracelets for my 60 guests so everyone had a few. I got them on ebay with free shipping for like 60 and it was well worth it! I didn't bring a vase or anything for them, but I gave them to my WC before the big day and he had them set up in vases for me! It was perfect!

I did not do a themed package, I just did complimentary. I didn't use Ocean Photo either,  I brought a photographer from home. We went down on Tues and he arrive Thurs. That way he got some photos Thursday (welcome dinner), Friday (wedding), and Saturday (at the pool/ocean). I can't wait to see the pictures either!!!

I really meant to bring a little bit of sand home (like airplane liquor bottle size) to put in a clear glass christmas ornament as a momento, I AM SOOOO ANGRY that I forgot to get some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought about emailing my WC to see if he would ship me some, lol. CRAZY, I know. I just thought I would tell you guys to remember to get something if you want :)

Also, I got the 80 minute deep tissue and it was HEAVEN! I wish I could wake up like that everyday. My mom and grandmother both got facials and loved them too. My mom also got some sort of scrub and said that was her favorite thing she did. Everything anyone got done at the spa I heard great things about.

Hi Jenny,

I noticed you said you had your step father take an online course to become ordained.  I am considering doing this for my symbolic wedding as well. Did the resort give you a hard time?  Can you provide me with the website that he used to get ordained?  

Any information you can give is appreciated.

Thank you