Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is?  Can I just give a deposit to at least reserve my date and then in the meantime get all  of my million and one questions answered? If at that point I change my mind, I can pull out.

I have been sending quite a few emails to Palace and have no heard back from them.  

Originally Posted by newlyengaged13 View Post

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is?  Can I just give a deposit to at least reserve my date and then in the meantime get all  of my million and one questions answered? If at that point I change my mind, I can pull out.

I have been sending quite a few emails to Palace and have no heard back from them.  

My fiance and I had to pay $200 deposit each to reserve our block of rooms, flights etc for up to 30 people with the travel agent/tour company for 60 days.  This gave time for our guests time to pay their deposits while still holding all the rooms/seats on flights for everyone.  After 60 days any remaining spots were released back to the tour company/hotel.  These $200 deposits are non refundable.  (I am from Canada though so I am not sure how your travel agents book stuff.  I used Sunwing Vacations for our tour operator.

As for the hotel I chose the complimentary package but the hotel said since my wedding was on a Saturday I had to pay a $300 deposit to reserve the date/sky terrace etc.  I was fine with that since they put it in my contract that I would have the $300 credited off my final bill.  This was also a non-refundable deposit.  I have heard others though who did not have to pay this deposit so I dont know, each situation seems to be completely different....

Hope that helps a bit,  know its a bit different though since I am booking my travel from Canada and you are in the USA

Originally Posted by shmanderz View Post

My fiance and I had to pay $200 deposit each to reserve our block of rooms, flights etc for up to 30 people with the travel agent/tour company for 60 days.  This gave time for our guests time to pay their deposits while still holding all the rooms/seats on flights for everyone.  After 60 days any remaining spots were released back to the tour company/hotel.  These $200 deposits are non refundable.  (I am from Canada though so I am not sure how your travel agents book stuff.  I used Sunwing Vacations for our tour operator.

As for the hotel I chose the complimentary package but the hotel said since my wedding was on a Saturday I had to pay a $300 deposit to reserve the date/sky terrace etc.  I was fine with that since they put it in my contract that I would have the $300 credited off my final bill.  This was also a non-refundable deposit.  I have heard others though who did not have to pay this deposit so I dont know, each situation seems to be completely different....

Hope that helps a bit,  know its a bit different though since I am booking my travel from Canada and you are in the USA

Yes, I'm in the States.  Thank you for your help.  I just wish someone would get back to me already so I can at least reserve my date.  

I don't however have a TA.  I'm not sure if I want to book directly through Palace or try to find a TA.  Which is why my last post was asking for a reference on a TA in NJ.  

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am back! I had the most amazing week of my life! Like brides in the past have said, everything may not go as planned but it will all be perfect in the end! I don't have my professional photos back yet, but I will post some for you ladies once I get them. For now here are some pics from my Mom's camera. I know I loved seeing other brides setup's etc.

Ceremony -Sky Terrace:

I choose the "old" complimentary package. Added silver sashes from Zuinga. I brought programs and paper fans to be put on each chair. I also brought the silk rose petals. I believe they actually glued them down, as it was pretty windy and most seemed to stay put.

Cocktail Hour- Beach Side South Terrace

I don't have any pics of the cocktail hour yet I had them set up tall tables and they served the appetizers, I cannot comment on the food as I missed this entire part taking pictures.

They did serve my signature drink to all the guests as they arrived. NOTE they call LIMES LEMONS. My signature drink was a vodka, lemonade with grenadine and they asked if i wanted a lemon or orange added, i said lemon, but it was really a lime. Apparently a they call limes lemons and lemons, oranges? I am still confused!

Reception- Lagoon Side South Terrace

When they suggested having dinner on the lagoon side, I was turned off, of course I though the ocean would be better, but once it gets dark the ocean is black and the lagoon side is full of lights really beautiful!

I rented almost all of the decor for the reception from Zuinga. I brought my own starfish place cards, m&m favors, candy for the piñata, cupcake wrappers, cupcake to go bags and monogram stickers for cupcake to go bags.

Zuinga didn't get everything right here. I wanted one long SKINNY table (one table wide) they put two tables wide instead. The linens were alot darker then I expected, I was shown a much lighter grey photo. Also the large square candles on the table were supposed to go around the pool, i assume they decided the table looked empty and decided to add them to the table. I ordered a piñata that was supposed to be yellow and it was pink. Also my seating arrangement was wrong although I believe it was Beach Palace who took care of this part. 

As i said earlier, this all didn't go as I planned but in the end, it didn't matter at all. I was the only one who knew what wasn't right. I received so many compliments from the guests.

The Pinata was a HIT! Zuinga charged me $100 for the pinata and the stick (stupid expensive but I wasn't going to lug one down on the plane!) I brought all my own candy to fill it, I think the adults had more fun then the kids trying to get the candy free. Worth every penny!

The Gobo (monogram light) only cost $80 I believe from JSAV and just pulled everything together! Really made the area personalized and helped keep wedding crashers out when they could clearly see it was a wedding.

We used JSAV for the IPOD setup and extra lightening. Do it! They ran our ipod for us and basically worked as a DJ, when everyone was dancing they were quick to change the song if the crown wasn't feeling it. The extra tree lights we rented were amazing. They had colored lights which created a really good mood for the dance floor.

For Dinner we choose the Italian Buffet, to be honest I didn't really like it but perhaps I was too busy enjoying my day. All my guests said they liked it..maybe they were just being polite?

We opted and paid for cupcakes instead of cake ($3 per cupcake) We are obsessed with Red Velvet cupcakes so naturally wanted them at the wedding, My wedding planner said they did not know what this was. I sent them an example reciepe and they said they could make it. This worried me but they really turned out great!

My wedding coordinator even packed up the left over cupcakes in my togo bags so my guests could just grab them as they left.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. This thread was the most helpful to me so I will be happy to pay it forward.

Enjoy the planning ladies, it comes and goes quick!

-K

How much did Zuniga charge for the tables?

How much did Zuniga charge for the tables?
Well they didn't charge for the actual table. I was charged for the linens, the napkins, the plate chargers, the centrepieces and the chairs. I brought the favors and the place cards which beach palace charged me to set Up. Let me know if you want the breakdown of what each item cost.

Well they didn't charge for the actual table. I was charged for the linens, the napkins, the plate chargers, the centrepieces and the chairs. I brought the favors and the place cards which beach palace charged me to set Up. Let me know if you want the breakdown of what each item cost.

I'd like to know if you don't mind sharing with me.  Can you PM me?  Thanks Kristie.

I'd like to know if you don't mind sharing with me.  Can you PM me?  Thanks Kristie.
For the interest of other brides I thought I would post the breakdown here Linens $18 each. My table requires 4 Napkins- $3 each Glass plate chargers- $5 each My center pieces which included the square vase with flowers and two fake flame votive candles were $73 each I had 8 total. Although I think they were too small for the table. Fake flame square candles- meant to be placed around the pool but they incorrectly put them on the table . $5 each. I paid for 18 Ghost chairs- &12 each I think that was everything for the table. The hanging lanterns were $85 each I had two crossi over the table. Really happy with this choice as it defined the space. Looked great in photos too I also ordered the piñata and stick from Zuniga for $100. They did not provide the piñata I picked out and I had to bring my own candy to fill. I paid $300 to beach palace to set up my programs and fans at the reception as well as the place cards, favors at the table. They also wrapped my yellow cupcake wrappers onto the cupcakes for me. Any other questions please let me know! Happy planning!

Thanks KristieT. I only asked because I am getting married at Moon and they are trying to charge me for long tables (they only offer the round ones for free). I'm trying to fight them on this so its good to know Beach Palace did not charge for it.