Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Hey Nicole,

So sorry I havent been on here. Life has been crazy! I bet you're so excited that your date is getting closer :) You will LOVE it!

As far as OOT bags, we did just put simple little bags together w : little sunscreens, lip balm, gum, water, advil, some snacks....just very simple. We did have a lot of people so we didnt go overboard.

We had 52 guests

Our ceremony time was at 4:00. I liked it at that time just because of how we did things. We did some bridal pics and bridal family pics at 230. Groom & his family at 330 and then did the rest after the ceremony while we had a cocktail hour for our guests. It was VERY hot that day so having the ceremony on the sky terrace at 4, we were dripping sweat but it was like 20 min long so it didnt matter too much. We did end up sneaking away to get some photos at sunset after we had started dinner. The sun is blocked by the building by about 5 so we just went back up to the sky deck (where the ceremony was) to take some sunset pics. If you guys did maybe some w each group before and after and then just had some to finish up w the sunset, I think a 6:00 would be perfect!!! Then you wouldnt have to leave your reception or whatever. Either time I think is totally workable!

Yes, our photographers do have a website: www.aldabellaphotography.com. They are so amazing. We were so lucky to have Kris there with us! They've done all of our maternity, new born, engagement & family pictures for us. There are only  a few from the wedding on there now but once they have the rest of them done, I will let you know so you can see more of the area!

Hope some of this helps! Its so fun planning, I miss it now, haha!

Hello Lovely Brides out there,

I am an OCD bride-to-be (April/May 2014) with a million questions that I hope  someone out there can shine some light to my darkened Destination Wedding Planning. I have not yet signed a contract with Palace b/c I want to be sure on a few things before I sign on the dotted line.  I don't want to get hit with any last minute surprises on the "big day".  So to avoid having the added stress of the "what if's", I came up with a list of questions that I feel may or may not be deal breakers.  Getting someone from Palace to answer my concerns is becoming quite tasking.  So if some kind person out there can help me out, I would appreciate it very much and this process can be a bit more painless.

- Is there an additional fee to have a ballroom backup in the event of inclement weather? 

- What exactly is the outside vendor fee?  I've heard a few different prices.  But would like to know exactly what someone paid in real life.

- Is the venue insured?  If there is some unforeseen reason why the venue can not take place, am I covered?  I don't want to loose out on my money if a "natural disaster" happened.

- What are some taxes or additional fees that any of you had tacked on at the last minute and didn't realize you were going to have to pay for it.  I would like to prepare myself as much as possible here.

- Does anyone have a sample menu of the reception dinner choices they would like to share with me?  

- Is there a cake cutting fee?  What about a fee for the cake table?

- Are coffee/tea served?  If so, is there an additional fee for this?

- Is there a rehearsal or run through prior to the wedding day?

- Did your guests book directly through Palace?  If so, what was that experience like?  Did they pay upfront for the entire trip, or in partial payments?  Did Palace coordinate airfare and ground transportation to/from the airport?

- Does Palace provide the bride with a suite or a separate dressing room to get ready in?

- What did you guys do to feed your vendors (photographers, videographers, dj's, etc)?  Did you include them in your per person package?  Or did you just order something else strictly for them? Or do you not feed them at all?

- Does the hotel offer a vault in the main office for the bride/groom to hold their wedding bands and any money they receive at the wedding?  I know a resort DR did this for a friend of mine who got married there so they would not have to worry about keeping such valuables in their room.  In order to access the vault, both parties (bride or groom and hotel manager) had to insert the keys in at the same time to gain access in the vault.  I think this is a brilliant idea, b/c it gives you some piece of mind that your belongings are safe.

- Did you or your guests get taxed on using their resort credit?  I read somewhere online that this is a new policy and people were getting taxed to use there credits. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

- Would anyone like to share with me a final invoice listing the total cost?

Thank you in advance for whoever takes the time out to answer my questions.  

I will try and answer some of your questions.

Originally Posted by newlyengaged13 View Post

Hello Lovely Brides out there,

I am an OCD bride-to-be (April/May 2014) with a million questions that I hope  someone out there can shine some light to my darkened Destination Wedding Planning. I have not yet signed a contract with Palace b/c I want to be sure on a few things before I sign on the dotted line.  I don't want to get hit with any last minute surprises on the "big day".  So to avoid having the added stress of the "what if's", I came up with a list of questions that I feel may or may not be deal breakers.  Getting someone from Palace to answer my concerns is becoming quite tasking.  So if some kind person out there can help me out, I would appreciate it very much and this process can be a bit more painless.

- Is there an additional fee to have a ballroom backup in the event of inclement weather? I didnt have a back up so I am unsure

- What exactly is the outside vendor fee?  I've heard a few different prices.  But would like to know exactly what someone paid in real life. $500 per vendor. I was told I only had to pay for day passes for my hair and makeup artist, then they came back and tried to charge me $500. I fought this and only had to pay the outside vendor fee. For the photographer, I had to pay $500 plus the two day passes

- Is the venue insured?  If there is some unforeseen reason why the venue can not take place, am I covered?  I don't want to loose out on my money if a "natural disaster" happened. I did not ask these questions

- What are some taxes or additional fees that any of you had tacked on at the last minute and didn't realize you were going to have to pay for it.  I would like to prepare myself as much as possible here. There were no additonal taxes or fees tacked on

- Does anyone have a sample menu of the reception dinner choices they would like to share with me?  PM me your email and I can email you the menu choices

- Is there a cake cutting fee?  What about a fee for the cake table? I choose to do cupcakes, they did charge me $3 a cupcake instead of the free cake, but there was no addional charge to serve them

- Are coffee/tea served?  If so, is there an additional fee for this? They did not serve coffee/tea but I did not ask for it either

- Is there a rehearsal or run through prior to the wedding day? I did not have a reheasal, I do suggest you request it.. it was a little confusing the day off

- Did your guests book directly through Palace?  If so, what was that experience like?  Did they pay upfront for the entire trip, or in partial payments?  Did Palace coordinate airfare and ground transportation to/from the airport? Almost all my guests booked through a travel agent

- Does Palace provide the bride with a suite or a separate dressing room to get ready in? No- I did ask for this. I used my own guest room, and my husband used one of the groomsmans rooms

- What did you guys do to feed your vendors (photographers, videographers, dj's, etc)?  Did you include them in your per person package?  Or did you just order something else strictly for them? Or do you not feed them at all? I feed my photographers, they set up a seperate table for them. I had to pay $50 each for them to eat

- Does the hotel offer a vault in the main office for the bride/groom to hold their wedding bands and any money they receive at the wedding?  I know a resort DR did this for a friend of mine who got married there so they would not have to worry about keeping such valuables in their room.  In order to access the vault, both parties (bride or groom and hotel manager) had to insert the keys in at the same time to gain access in the vault.  I think this is a brilliant idea, b/c it gives you some piece of mind that your belongings are safe. This was not offered to me if it exits, we kept everything in the safe in our room. Everyroom has a safe

- Did you or your guests get taxed on using their resort credit?  I read somewhere online that this is a new policy and people were getting taxed to use there credits. Can anyone confirm that this is true? Yes you have to pay 11% tax on everything you use the resort credits for. Still not too bad, only had to pay $14 for a 50min massage etc.

- Would anyone like to share with me a final invoice listing the total cost?

Thank you in advance for whoever takes the time out to answer my questions.  

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

I will try and answer some of your questions.

Thank you for responding to my post Kristie.  The travel agent that your guests booked through, was that your own personal TA?  Or was it from Palace?

As for the menu options, I actually had it in one of my emails so no need to send that over.  Thanks anyway

Originally Posted by newlyengaged13 View Post

Thank you for responding to my post Kristie.  The travel agent that your guests booked through, was that your own personal TA?  Or was it from Palace?

As for the menu options, I actually had it in one of my emails so no need to send that over.  Thanks anyways

Personal TA. She booked flights, hotel and transportation seperately for us since I was set on Beach Palace and there were not any packages available.

I am seriously stressing over my wedding which is 2 months away and mainly due to wait for it, big shocking news in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…guests are being late bookers. I have clocked NUMEROUS phone calls with Kalena and I have to say she is simply wonderful. Sheâ€s not even my WC or WP (not even sure who is!), but she has helped me from day 1 and is remaining closely involved because she knows my wedding so well, what I want, etc. Will definitely be asking management how I can compensate her for all her helpfulness.

Hi Ladies hope you are all well!  I just wanted to share these super cute favors I just ordered!

My wedding planning and inviting has been a bit unique since most of my guests are super close family and only close friends, me and my fiance felt like we were able to be a bit less formal with things since everyone we know is pretty laid back.  We decided to send everyone (about 40 people) an e-save the date/link to our website with wedding info, booking info and contact info for our travel agent.  It turned out great and the website was done in the same style so it all linked together (My fiance is in IT so he was able to work his techy magic) lol.  Everyone said they thought it was a really neat way to do it.  After the 60 day deposit deadline we had 26 guests booked which is great.  Everyone else RSVP'd back to us through the website or through phonecalls saying they could not make it but I am defintiely happy with the turnout (I was really worried at first because a destination wedding seemed like so much to ask of people).

So now that we have our offical guest list of people who have paid deposits,  what we decided to do next is send out a more "formal" invitation style package out to all the guests who paid their deposits.  We are planning to send these out in about September-ish.  They will include a more a nice professional invitation card with the wedding details like date, time, location, reception details etc.  There will also be information on the travel plans and flights included on another card.  We are also putting together a little info package on the hotel with pictures and a list of all the amenities and stuff, along with the details of the sailing charter we have booked for everyone.  As a little "Thank you for booking" gift we have purchased these (http://www.beau-coup.com/suitcase-favor-tins.htm) online and are going to fill them with candy and include in the package to send to each guest (SO CUTE!!).  The website was pretty pricey to personalize them so I ordered them without the personalization sticker on the front and it saved me about $50 and I am not stuck with their limited selection of label styles/font restrictions.  I am going to get my own stickers printed and personalized through another source.  I cant wait to see the package all put together, I think it is going to be really cool. 

I know it is not typically done this way but I was really struggling with the idea of being so formal and sending out a bunch of invitations to people I knew wouldnt be able to make it.  This method really worked for us and we were able to save a bunch of money to put more into these "thanks for booking" packages.  Having a destination wedding kind of throws  a wrench into the normal formality of weddings and I think it is ok to do things a little differently, which in my mind is great :)