Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 View Post

Two more things! haha

11) Did you bring wedding favors for your guests? If so, what kind of favors did you do? I want the hotel staff to put all the favors in my guests rooms as they arrive. Do you think that's a possibility?

12) Did you carry your dress on the plane? How'd that go?

I did not bring favors. I brought OOT bags and I did not even get them to all my guests. I kept carrying them around and missing people so I finally just stopped worrying about it! I have no idea if the front desk will do that. But it would be way easier.

I carried my dress on the plane and it went well. My dress is very small though I was able to put it in a small carry on with my two childrens bridesmaid dresses and some shoes.

Originally Posted by nursebrooke View Post

I did not bring favors. I brought OOT bags and I did not even get them to all my guests. I kept carrying them around and missing people so I finally just stopped worrying about it! I have no idea if the front desk will do that. But it would be way easier.

I carried my dress on the plane and it went well. My dress is very small though I was able to put it in a small carry on with my two childrens bridesmaid dresses and some shoes.

Thank you for all the information! I checked out the pictures on M&J photography- beautiful! It looks as though you had an amazing trip. Thanks again for answering all my questions- so helpful. Congrats again!

- Nicole

Hi ladies,

We just got back last week from having our wedding at the Beach Palace at the end of April. I have no idea if I am posting in the right spot, but I wanted to post a few pictures of my wedding ceremony and reception  to give upcoming brides an idea of what I used. I think you can just see them on my profile.

I did the ceremony on the Sky terrace, cocktail hour and reception were on the other sky bar area. We used the Pearl Shimmer package and added a few decorations through Gama? (whoever the resort suggested for decor). We used J&S for music and just did the ipod dock with speakers. We loved everything about it and wouldnt have changed anything! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I know I had a ton the whole time I was planning!

Originally Posted by mandir30 View Post

Hi ladies,

We just got back last week from having our wedding at the Beach Palace at the end of April. I have no idea if I am posting in the right spot, but I wanted to post a few pictures of my wedding ceremony and reception  to give upcoming brides an idea of what I used. I think you can just see them on my profile.

I did the ceremony on the Sky terrace, cocktail hour and reception were on the other sky bar area. We used the Pearl Shimmer package and added a few decorations through Gama? (whoever the resort suggested for decor). We used J&S for music and just did the ipod dock with speakers. We loved everything about it and wouldnt have changed anything! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I know I had a ton the whole time I was planning!

OMG, your pictures are GORGEOUS! Your photographer was amazing. Who did you use? We're sticking with the resort photographer- Ocean Photo Studio because they're the most affordable, but they're def not as good as your photographer.

How many guests did you have? It looks like quite a few! How great!

What favors did you do? OOT or wedding favors?

I'm also doing the Pearl Shimmer package. I love it even more after seeing your pictures. We aren't doing the reception table decor the package comes with though, because it was $300.00 per table, so we decided to do something similar through Zuniga, that's a bit less money. But the reception looked gorgeous!!

What time was your ceremony? Right now, my ceremony is set for 6:00 p.m. on July 12th. Sunset isn't until 7:30 p.m. so I thought this would give us enough time for pretty sunset pictures, but now I'm hearing the hotel completely blocks the sun, so the sunset pics aren't even possible. I'm thinking I should move my ceremony time up. What do you think?

Congratulations! I'd love to see more pics. Does your photographer have a website?

- Nicole

Hello Beach Palace Ladies,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

I know several of you had questions on the ceremony locations and decor, check out this Nautical Theme Wedding Story at the Sky Terrace:

For more pictures and inspiration, check out the complete story here: http://delsolphotography.com/kirsten-marvin-beach-palace-cancun-destination-wedding/

Best Wishes and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Hi ladies, Can any past or future brides advise me regarding bringing guests in for your wedding who aren't staying in the hotel? I have read somewhere it's $190 per person, has anyone else heard this and is it an accurate price? I was also told that 75% of your wedding guests must stay in the hotel. Has anyone heard this? And do guests at palace sister hotels count towards your 75%? Lastly I have had my contract through but they are refusing to put the roof top venue in it incase of inclement weather. My wedding is may 2014. I read on here that they have put the roof top venue on the contracts in the past. Is this a new thing, or should I insist it goes on before signing? Thanks in advance Xx

YossiMeyer,

As far as I know a day pass for guests not staying at the hotel is around $95 per person. I also heard that 75% of the guests have to stay at the wedding, but you could ask them if they could make an exception for that if you need to. For the contract, I don't think they have recently allowed anyone to include the roof top terrace on the contract. My wedding is this November and they wouldn't let me put it on there, but they assured me that they only book one wedding at a time or have certain time slots for weddings so there shouldn't be a problem. I made sure they made a note that I wanted the roof top terrace and sky terrace for my reception. I hope this helps! Planning can be stressful in the beginning, but it all seems to work out great for everyone. 

Eeeeep my travel agent just informed me 22 of my guests have booked with her as of today!  So exciting! It officially feels very real now that I actually have guests. No point to this post other than to share my excitement with others who understand! haha.

Congrats to all who just had their weddings, the photos look amazing!!

Thanks Brandi - some of my party are looking at hiring a condo to keep costs down but I have advised them not to until/if I reach enough bookings to get them all a pass. It was in the contract after all (doh!), but that has a ratio of 80/20 guest/non-guest. I will try to keep the stress down to a minimum but I have so many questions floating around my little head! Ha. Wow shmanderz that's fantastic - I'm excited for you! This time next year I'll be out there. Can't bloomin' wait Xx

Hi Ladies,

I am back! I had the most amazing week of my life! Like brides in the past have said, everything may not go as planned but it will all be perfect in the end! I don't have my professional photos back yet, but I will post some for you ladies once I get them. For now here are some pics from my Mom's camera. I know I loved seeing other brides setup's etc.

Ceremony -Sky Terrace:

I choose the "old" complimentary package. Added silver sashes from Zuinga. I brought programs and paper fans to be put on each chair. I also brought the silk rose petals. I believe they actually glued them down, as it was pretty windy and most seemed to stay put.

Cocktail Hour- Beach Side South Terrace

I don't have any pics of the cocktail hour yet I had them set up tall tables and they served the appetizers, I cannot comment on the food as I missed this entire part taking pictures.

They did serve my signature drink to all the guests as they arrived. NOTE they call LIMES LEMONS. My signature drink was a vodka, lemonade with grenadine and they asked if i wanted a lemon or orange added, i said lemon, but it was really a lime. Apparently a they call limes lemons and lemons, oranges? I am still confused!

Reception- Lagoon Side South Terrace

When they suggested having dinner on the lagoon side, I was turned off, of course I though the ocean would be better, but once it gets dark the ocean is black and the lagoon side is full of lights really beautiful!

I rented almost all of the decor for the reception from Zuinga. I brought my own starfish place cards, m&m favors, candy for the piñata, cupcake wrappers, cupcake to go bags and monogram stickers for cupcake to go bags.

Zuinga didn't get everything right here. I wanted one long SKINNY table (one table wide) they put two tables wide instead. The linens were alot darker then I expected, I was shown a much lighter grey photo. Also the large square candles on the table were supposed to go around the pool, i assume they decided the table looked empty and decided to add them to the table. I ordered a piñata that was supposed to be yellow and it was pink. Also my seating arrangement was wrong although I believe it was Beach Palace who took care of this part. 

As i said earlier, this all didn't go as I planned but in the end, it didn't matter at all. I was the only one who knew what wasn't right. I received so many compliments from the guests.

The Pinata was a HIT! Zuinga charged me $100 for the pinata and the stick (stupid expensive but I wasn't going to lug one down on the plane!) I brought all my own candy to fill it, I think the adults had more fun then the kids trying to get the candy free. Worth every penny!

The Gobo (monogram light) only cost $80 I believe from JSAV and just pulled everything together! Really made the area personalized and helped keep wedding crashers out when they could clearly see it was a wedding.

We used JSAV for the IPOD setup and extra lightening. Do it! They ran our ipod for us and basically worked as a DJ, when everyone was dancing they were quick to change the song if the crown wasn't feeling it. The extra tree lights we rented were amazing. They had colored lights which created a really good mood for the dance floor.

For Dinner we choose the Italian Buffet, to be honest I didn't really like it but perhaps I was too busy enjoying my day. All my guests said they liked it..maybe they were just being polite?

We opted and paid for cupcakes instead of cake ($3 per cupcake) We are obsessed with Red Velvet cupcakes so naturally wanted them at the wedding, My wedding planner said they did not know what this was. I sent them an example reciepe and they said they could make it. This worried me but they really turned out great!

My wedding coordinator even packed up the left over cupcakes in my togo bags so my guests could just grab them as they left.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. This thread was the most helpful to me so I will be happy to pay it forward.

Enjoy the planning ladies, it comes and goes quick!

-K