Beach Palace Cancun Brides

Awww well your son was adoreable and you guys looked great walking down the beach together.  I think Mario and Rebeca thought we were a little nuts because we had so many questions and were trying to get as specific answers as possible.  It seemed like the first words out of Mario's mouth were, "I have a wedding to be at at 4 PM" almost like he was trying to tell us we were on a timeclock with getting our wedding stuff handled.  Rebeca kind of gave us strange looks too. Maybe it was all in our heads but just got that impression.  Did you deal with Carlos at the front desk? He was awesome and helped us with our room mix up too.  All our guests were spread out on different floors and he got them all on the same floor.  I felt the exact same way about Sun Palace.  I liked the food but just for fun we looked at a room there and we walked on the balacony and it was right next to another balcony.  It was crammed and so was the beach.  I did not like it and valued the BP so much more.  Plus, the rooms at BP were bigger.  That is awesome you got a suite.  I wish we could have stayed longer after the wedding.  We got in on Memorial Day and left the following Tue after our wedding.  I want to go back again! :-)

It'll be here before you know it...the last month definitely goes by quick. :)

Our ceremony was at 5PM, and our cocktail hour was at 6PM. Our guests took pictures on the beach with us for about twenty minutes before heading up to the cocktail hour. We were able to spend about fifteen minutes there before going back down to finish pictures...but I didn't even look at the food. In other words, if you hold the cocktail hour right after the ceremony, then I imagine you won't get to spend much time there. If you use the cocktail hour as a welcome event, would you hold a reception or dinner immediately after the ceremony?

I altered the complimentary white rose bouquet to have hydrangeas in it (at no cost), and I didn't really like it..only because they weren't the hydrangeas I was expecting. My onsite coordinator said you can do white roses, calla lilies, or daisies for the complimentary bouquet..so I think if you like simple bouquets with those flowers, then you will be satisfied with the complimentary one. The rose version is like the one below, but slightly bigger...and pure white/ivory (Although I think you can get come other colors at no cost).

Originally Posted by LPerry View Post

Mehgan...

This is great info! I'm getting married next month...7/28! It's sooo close!

How did it go with the cocktail hour being after the ceremony? I was thinking of using my cocktail hour as part of the "Welcome" activities and then doing dinner afterward. My fear was that if I did it after the ceremony, I wasn't going to have time to go to the cocktail hour w/my guests b/c we'd be taking photos. Also, what time of day was your ceremony? And finally....what did you think of the complimentary bridal bouquet?

Thank you!!

Lucy

Oh, I got the feeling Rebeca thought I was a little strange at times too...like she was doubting my decisions. But she definitely delivered, so I don't mind. I don't remember Carlos...but that's awesome you were able to get all your guests nearby. All my guests were spread out, but we didn't even think to try to get them on the same floor. We only stayed six nights, but I was strangely ready to go home. We will be planning an anniversary trip there though.

Originally Posted by BchPlc622012 View Post

Awww well your son was adoreable and you guys looked great walking down the beach together.  I think Mario and Rebeca thought we were a little nuts because we had so many questions and were trying to get as specific answers as possible.  It seemed like the first words out of Mario's mouth were, "I have a wedding to be at at 4 PM" almost like he was trying to tell us we were on a timeclock with getting our wedding stuff handled.  Rebeca kind of gave us strange looks too. Maybe it was all in our heads but just got that impression.  Did you deal with Carlos at the front desk? He was awesome and helped us with our room mix up too.  All our guests were spread out on different floors and he got them all on the same floor.  I felt the exact same way about Sun Palace.  I liked the food but just for fun we looked at a room there and we walked on the balacony and it was right next to another balcony.  It was crammed and so was the beach.  I did not like it and valued the BP so much more.  Plus, the rooms at BP were bigger.  That is awesome you got a suite.  I wish we could have stayed longer after the wedding.  We got in on Memorial Day and left the following Tue after our wedding.  I want to go back again! :-)

Originally Posted by mehganc View Post

The open bar is included..no extra fees.

Open Bar is only for 2 hours. You have to pay $60 per 8 people per hour to extend the open bar. I dont think this is fair considering all my guests are staying at the ALL INCLUSIVE resort already! I suppose this pays for the private bar tender etc.

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Open Bar is only for 2 hours. You have to pay $60 per 8 people per hour to extend the open bar. I dont think this is fair considering all my guests are staying at the ALL INCLUSIVE resort already! I suppose this pays for the private bar tender etc.

This must be a new policy. Our reception was three hours, and we didn't pay anything extra.

We didn't pay anything extra either and our reception was 3 hours.  They just kept bringing us drinks.  I don't remember anyone having a problem ordering a drink as it got later.  In fact, my guests were ordering a bunch of tequila shots before we left.  Then the bartender gave one of my guests the actual bottle of tequila and we took it to the sports bar and partied there.  Even at our cocktail function there were so many drinks on the little high top tables one of our guests knocked them over! :-)  It's like they bring you so many drinks you don't know what to do with them literally. LOL

This must be a new policy. Our reception was three hours, and we didn't pay anything extra.

Originally Posted by BchPlc622012 View Post

We didn't pay anything extra either and our reception was 3 hours.  They just kept bringing us drinks.  I don't remember anyone having a problem ordering a drink as it got later.  In fact, my guests were ordering a bunch of tequila shots before we left.  Then the bartender gave one of my guests the actual bottle of tequila and we took it to the sports bar and partied there.  Even at our cocktail function there were so many drinks on the little high top tables one of our guests knocked them over! :-)  It's like they bring you so many drinks you don't know what to do with them literally. LOL

UGH This frustrates me.. ITs one of those things they seem to tell everyone different. 

Maybe i just wont mention it again and hope for the best :)

That is EXACTLY the info I needed. I'm thinking of doing the cocktail reception as a welcome event so I can enjoy it. We have like two hours between the wedding and our dinner reservation at 6. When I didn't know if I would have enough rooms for the free event, Janessa suggested we just all go to the lobby bar since we have a small group. So I think that's what we'll do. Have the cocktail reception on Friday, wedding at 3 on Saturday, take pics and hang out at the bar, dinner at 6. Then I'm changing into a less formal dress and we're going out on the town with our group.

It'll be here before you know it...the last month definitely goes by quick. :)

Our ceremony was at 5PM, and our cocktail hour was at 6PM. Our guests took pictures on the beach with us for about twenty minutes before heading up to the cocktail hour. We were able to spend about fifteen minutes there before going back down to finish pictures...but I didn't even look at the food. In other words, if you hold the cocktail hour right after the ceremony, then I imagine you won't get to spend much time there. If you use the cocktail hour as a welcome event, would you hold a reception or dinner immediately after the ceremony?

I altered the complimentary white rose bouquet to have hydrangeas in it (at no cost), and I didn't really like it..only because they weren't the hydrangeas I was expecting. My onsite coordinator said you can do white roses, calla lilies, or daisies for the complimentary bouquet..so I think if you like simple bouquets with those flowers, then you will be satisfied with the complimentary one. The rose version is like the one below, but slightly bigger...and pure white/ivory (Although I think you can get come other colors at no cost).

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Hi Ladies,

What is everyone doing for photographers? Beach Palace charges a $500 outside vendor fee or 2 room night stay to bring in an outside photgrapher. It pains me to have to pay this on top of the photographer fee!

I am paying the $500 fee. I know it sucks but I am too afraid to risk bad photos of my wedding. I am torn now between doing the complimentary and adding what I need to avoid paying for photographer or choosing a package and loosing out on the money that goes towards photographer. Things just keep adding up!!!

That sounds like a good plan...the sports bar and rooftop bars would both be fun between the wedding and cocktail hour. Which restaurant is your dinner?

Originally Posted by LPerry View Post

That is EXACTLY the info I needed. I'm thinking of doing the cocktail reception as a welcome event so I can enjoy it. We have like two hours between the wedding and our dinner reservation at 6. When I didn't know if I would have enough rooms for the free event, Janessa suggested we just all go to the lobby bar since we have a small group. So I think that's what we'll do. Have the cocktail reception on Friday, wedding at 3 on Saturday, take pics and hang out at the bar, dinner at 6. Then I'm changing into a less formal dress and we're going out on the town with our group.