Non Sand or Beach Ceremony Decoration Ideas

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TropicLover

TropicLover
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:18 AM

Hey ladies!

Hopefully my thread title makes sense.  I’m getting married May 11, 2012 and a destination wedding has always been in the picture.  Yay!  The funny thing is that as much as I love the beach and tropical location I’m not a big fan of walking down the aisle through sand ;-) 

So I’ve opted to get married on the Ocean View Terrace instead.  Here’s a picture...ignore the chairs as I’m not a big fan of chair covers or bows so I will most likely go with a white wooden chair or gold tiffany.

Ocean terrace 1.png

Now that you’ve seen the location I’m hoping some of you have ideas on ceremony decorations.  There won't be too many of us, somewhere between 33 - 40 people. 

What do you ladies think?  I don’t want to over decorate and jeopardize the ocean view, but at the same time I feel like I need to do something to make the area feel like a wedding.  Should I add a table to make it look like an alter, some sort of huppa thingy, hmmm I really don’t know.

All of your ideas are much appreciated!  Thank you!

#2 sxcT

sxcT
    • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

Beautiful location.

I would think some type of altar, huppa or something that helps provide a focal point for you two up there.  Even some tall vases on stands or palm tree looking plants that are tall.  But the background is gorgeous enough so you don't need too much.

Good Luck!! 

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

Hey ladies!

Hopefully my thread title makes sense.  I’m getting married May 11, 2012 and a destination wedding has always been in the picture.  Yay!  The funny thing is that as much as I love the beach and tropical location I’m not a big fan of walking down the aisle through sand ;-) 

So I’ve opted to get married on the Ocean View Terrace instead.  Here’s a picture...ignore the chairs as I’m not a big fan of chair covers or bows so I will most likely go with a white wooden chair or gold tiffany.

Ocean terrace 1.png

Now that you’ve seen the location I’m hoping some of you have ideas on ceremony decorations.  There won't be too many of us, somewhere between 33 - 40 people. 

What do you ladies think?  I don’t want to over decorate and jeopardize the ocean view, but at the same time I feel like I need to do something to make the area feel like a wedding.  Should I add a table to make it look like an alter, some sort of huppa thingy, hmmm I really don’t know.

All of your ideas are much appreciated!  Thank you!

#3 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
      • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

WOW!! Breathtaking!!! I think it would be beautiful with in back of all of the chairs two tall skinny tables with tall skinny glass vases filled with hydrangeas and peonies... and honestly the view is breathtaking and you don't need much decorating!!

#4 TropicLover

TropicLover
        • 293 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Thanks ladies!  I really like the idea of tall vases to help create an "entrance" and I could probably do something similar at the "alter" area - maybe have low vases on the floor with tall greenery and branches coming out?  Lol it's difficult to explain.  Sllefebvr, it's funny you should mention hydrangeas because I'm wanting to use them for our reception tables...using them would help tie it in nicely.

What about the aisle?  Does it need a runner?  Or maybe something to hang off the chairs?

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Beautiful location.

I would think some type of altar, huppa or something that helps provide a focal point for you two up there.  Even some tall vases on stands or palm tree looking plants that are tall.  But the background is gorgeous enough so you don't need too much.

Good Luck!! 

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

WOW!! Breathtaking!!! I think it would be beautiful with in back of all of the chairs two tall skinny tables with tall skinny glass vases filled with hydrangeas and peonies... and honestly the view is breathtaking and you don't need much decorating!!

#5 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
          • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

I think that the nice white garden style chairs will be decoration enough with their simplicity. Very elegant like like what I am doing. Here is a FABULOUS picture for some inspiration.. This has a beautiful very similar to yours!!

JasmineStar0058.jpg

This makes me melt it is so beautiful!!!

#6 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

I meant to say it has a beautiful view like your venue does!!

#7 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Beautiful view!

I love hydrangias too, but make sure you check with people local to where you are getting married; I have heard that they are not too hearty in heat. Maybe I am confused though?

Even if you do not want to create an altar at the front, you could still do a large arrangement on either side, both at the entrance and where the altar would normally be. Then it still creates the focal point without distracting from the view at all.

That being said, that picture is GORGEOUS, Sllefebvr! I know what you mean, I just swooned a little seeing that!

#8 TropicLover

TropicLover
                • 293 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Wow that's stunning!  Thanks so much for the idea!

I think that the nice white garden style chairs will be decoration enough with their simplicity. Very elegant like like what I am doing. Here is a FABULOUS picture for some inspiration.. This has a beautiful very similar to yours!!

JasmineStar0058.jpg

#9 TropicLover

TropicLover
                  • 293 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Good point on the heat Peach!  I'll need to do a little research on that.  My FMIL is headed to our place this weekend and she's a flower expert!  I'm totally going to ask her how she thinks the hydrangeas would last.

Originally Posted by Peach 

Beautiful view!

I love hydrangias too, but make sure you check with people local to where you are getting married; I have heard that they are not too hearty in heat. Maybe I am confused though?

Even if you do not want to create an altar at the front, you could still do a large arrangement on either side, both at the entrance and where the altar would normally be. Then it still creates the focal point without distracting from the view at all.

That being said, that picture is GORGEOUS, Sllefebvr! I know what you mean, I just swooned a little seeing that!

#10 charitydawn

charitydawn
                    • 157 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

omg this is gorgeous!!!

JasmineStar0058.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users