Jump to content

Photo

Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios-Post Renovation Questions (HELP!)


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 ritach15

ritach15
  • Newbie
  • 8 posts

    Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:30 PM


    Thanks so much! I hope you guys have fun! 

    Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post

    Congrats ritach15!

    I plan to write my review and planning thread after I am back, since I am too busy now. But if you have questions or want to see anything let me know. I think i have most of the stuff done since I am leaving in 23 days. 

    Happy planning!
     



     



     

     



    #12 mowrer1943

    mowrer1943
    • Newbie
    • 21 posts

      Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

      So we all SGOR brides to be! Kat and Jess, you have to be SOOOOOO excited!!!! It's right around the corner, literally. Here's a silly question which I'm sure Kat will know :-) How does the cell phones work down there? Is there no reception? I would love to be able to keep in contact with my arriving guests so I know if their flights are on time etc. but it seems whenever my TA is away vacationing she always says she has limited cellphone and email access. I know I can purchase the internet connection for the week, but was kind of hoping not to and just use my phone as I get my emails and everything on it. 

       

      I'm guessing I should just check with AT&T, but just wondering if you can make phone calls etc. while down there.

       

      Anyone?



      #13 kat2012

      kat2012
      • Member
      • 602 posts

        Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:53 AM


        Nicky, You need to contact your provider and ask to have roaming activated, otherwise it won;t work. Also I think it depends on your phone and provider. I will be getting internet package if my phone would not work.

        Originally Posted by mowrer1943 

        So we all SGOR brides to be! Kat and Jess, you have to be SOOOOOO excited!!!! It's right around the corner, literally. Here's a silly question which I'm sure Kat will know :-) How does the cell phones work down there? Is there no reception? I would love to be able to keep in contact with my arriving guests so I know if their flights are on time etc. but it seems whenever my TA is away vacationing she always says she has limited cellphone and email access. I know I can purchase the internet connection for the week, but was kind of hoping not to and just use my phone as I get my emails and everything on it. 

         

        I'm guessing I should just check with AT&T, but just wondering if you can make phone calls etc. while down there.

         

        Anyone?



         



        #14 kat2012

        kat2012
        • Member
        • 602 posts

          Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

          Hey girls, I did my planning thread a few days ago. It is in my signature. Check it out, I put some info for SGOR brides. At least what I remembered at the moment. I will be there in 3 weeks. Ask me questions and I will try to find you answers. Cheers!!!



          #15 mrs07312012

          mrs07312012
          • Newbie
          • 3 posts

            Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

            Hi girls, I am marring here July 31st 2012 a 4pm wedding



            #16 kat2012

            kat2012
            • Member
            • 602 posts

              Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:52 AM


              Hey,

              we got back 2 days ago from there.

              Resort looks better than ever, we loved everything about it. Our wedding was absoltely perfect and we could not wish for anything more! If you have any questions. Please ask.

              PS We liked the resort so much we booked our 10 day vacation for our 1st anniversary there for the next year :D
               

              Originally Posted by mrs07312012 

              Hi girls, I am marring here July 31st 2012 a 4pm wedding



               



              #17 ritach15

              ritach15
              • Newbie
              • 8 posts

                Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

                Congrats Kat2012 I'm glad you had an amazing time that helps reassuring me that I made the right decision.

                 

                 



                #18 kat2012

                kat2012
                • Member
                • 602 posts

                  Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

                  Ohhhh don't even worry. I was worried before we went there after reading some reviews. But some people complain about everything no matter what. Resort is amazing! Bus between two sides goes around non stop, so if you want to go from one side to another it is not a problem! Resort is updated and renovated, it is beautiful and service is excellent. Once you get there and catch Jamaican flow of things, you will enjoy it so much!!!

                  PS And I am a picky person LOL

                   

                  Originally Posted by ritach15 

                  Congrats Kat2012 I'm glad you had an amazing time that helps reassuring me that I made the right decision.

                   

                   



                   



                  #19 kat2012

                  kat2012
                  • Member
                  • 602 posts

                    Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

                    I posted our wedding pics! You can see the resort in it too.

                    Our wedding, cocktail hour and reception location was Reef Terrace!

                     

                    http://katandmikewed...shutterfly.com/



                    #20 angmilb

                    angmilb
                    • Newbie
                    • 1 posts

                      Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

                      I was so excited to see your pictures on this feed! I'm getting married at SGRO on June 19, 2012 and i'm super excited! Did a photographer at the resort do your pictures? 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users