Photo

Jamaicn wedding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aug6

aug6
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

Hi everyone.  I am reading posts on what didn't work but was wondering everyone's thoughts on the perfect place in Jamaica for our wedding?

#2 zbwedding

zbwedding
    • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

I'm wondering the same thing... anyone know what the most popular resort is?

#3 MrsHamblett2012

MrsHamblett2012
      • 118 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

I would say the most popular that I see the most is Gran Bahia, RIU Ochos Rios, Rose Hall and Iberostar...Those are the ones that I see the most. I chose the RIU Montego Bay because it was close to the airport for my guests and it was affordable!  I'm not getting married until 5/11/2012, so I cannot give you any insight from personal experience!

#4 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
        • 179 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

we did RIU in Ocho Rios.  We fell in love with the resort before we even go there.  We chose Ocho Rios because it was beautiful, much larger than Montego Bay and More things to do.  Check out my review for full details. After my trip I am quite happy with RIU as a whole.  loved it!

#5 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
          • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

We chose Beaches Negril as we ARE having children in our wedding! It is located in Negril which is known for their "7 mile beach" look it up it is absolutely beautiful! From Rick's Cafe (which is right near our resort) you are supposed to be able to see the BEST sunsets in all of Jamaica!!! Also this resort was voted one of the top 10 family resorts in all of the world!!

#6 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
            • 179 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

Negril is on our checklist, can't wait to go there next...I hear they DO have the BEST sunsets! Do they have room service? how far from the airport? (cause RIU Ocho Rios is almost 2 hours away from montego bay)

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

We chose Beaches Negril as we ARE having children in our wedding! It is located in Negril which is known for their "7 mile beach" look it up it is absolutely beautiful! From Rick's Cafe (which is right near our resort) you are supposed to be able to see the BEST sunsets in all of Jamaica!!! Also this resort was voted one of the top 10 family resorts in all of the world!!

#7 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
              • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

@ Soon2BNJersey

Room service? Well the beaches/sandals resorts have butler rooms!! So if you get one of those then yes!! It is about a 90 minute ride from the airport!!!

#8 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
                • 179 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Thanks for the info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

@ Soon2BNJersey

Room service? Well the beaches/sandals resorts have butler rooms!! So if you get one of those then yes!! It is about a 90 minute ride from the airport!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users